It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About to start reading Sitchins book "The 12th Planet Book 1"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Anyone have anything to say about it before I read it?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic

Remember, it is just a fantasy book, not based on any fact.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
yeah, be sure to come back and tell us about it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

oh, then never-mind then.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I beg to differ.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
For me personally it was hard to take in and keep up with all of the information it presents i've read it twice and i'm still a bit lost with it, but then again maybe i'm just dumb. Still enjoyed it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Take it as a book that could have no point to it at all. But remember that in the past some scripture does talk about a certain object returning. Nobody has evidence about this subject so the book is just an idea in the end.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
As long as you realize while reading it that alot of the information is based on flawed premises then you will enjoy the read. its a fun trip through la-la-land.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I beg to differ.

Don't beg.. besides if you haven't read it how can you?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Read again and again that book, please, and study carefully.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Read again and again that book, please, and study carefully.

“Nibiru settled into a clockwise orbit (equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun). Nibiru stabilized into a clockwise orbit, equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun until 10, 900 B.C.E., when Nibiru arrived earlier, due to increasing drift from Solaris of Uranus. Uranus' gravity sped Nibiru's orbit. As a result of this close encounter between Nibiru and Uranus, one of Nibiru's moons, Miranda, was captured by and became a moon of Uranus as Nibiru and Uranus pulled at each other. From 10,000B.C.E. on, Nibiru's revolution sped to 3.450 Earth years; which makes Nibiru's next return 2900A.D. rather than 2012 as predicated on the earlier 3600- year orbit”

Sitchin, Z., 2007, The End of Days, pages 315 - 317

2900 AD not 2012

In Sitchin's own words... that is 892 years away...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

i read the book 15 years ago. i found it quite good and to this day i remember snippets albeit with an open mind.
with most things of this nature there are many opinions and interpretations. until it overshadows the moon i will keep me wet suit stowed away.
f

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

IMO, after reading this first book, I believe him to be fake, and only to spread fear about reptillians and aliens, I honestly think there is no point in reading any of his books. Waste of time!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I said nothing about the return of Nibiru in 2012...

I find that book really interesting!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Sitchin was a prolific hoaxer.

Hope you didn't pay for the book??? (Maybe you can still get your money back, if you did...).

Here's a thread you may be interested in:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I found a old post of yours (wish I could remember where)....it was two years ago, or so. And Sitchin was the topic. IN that post you related the tale that Sitchin's prediction for "nibiru" was in 2085 AD.

He seems to have kept changing his prediction dates, didn't he?? Guess because once he painted himself into the "3,600-year" orbital time-frame, he had to back-peddle furiously, to attempt to stay one step ahead of those rational minds, who could point out his flaws and fallacies??

Year 2900 AD? Minus 3,600 years (or even 3,450), and we get sometime in the sixth or seventh century BCE? Rather recent, at least since there were civilizations, with recorded history, in that era, yes?

Ancient Rome. Greece. Persia. China. etc.

Oh, and the account there, of the "change" in "nibiru's" orbital period? And "stealing" the moon Miranda?? (or losing it, as the case is put forward....)???

So..."nibiru's" orbital path, velocity and period is altered dramatically (by, according to SItchin, ~150 years) due to its "encounter" with Uranus...but Uranus' orbit is entirely UNaffected??!!

That's magical, that is!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
I find that book really interesting!

Oh yes... Sitchin's books are interesting.
but Nibiru is a misinterpretation. I can use the same Sumerian data and cylinder seal input and come up with 'Stargate' as Undo has already done in a thread.. And Micheal Heiser agrees that 'crossing point' or 'gateway' is the correct interpretation

But I have his books in my library... people like Herr Wacker I think are anti-book for some reason... Maybe those 'book burners' are afraid of something. They use words like HOAXER when a simple 'work of fiction' would suffice

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Well yeah... once you understand it's orbital path

Compliments of the Zeta's

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Well yeah... once you understand it's orbital path

Compliments of the Zeta's

Yeah the people on Nibiru are drunk, well, i guess you have to be drunk to believe it in first place....?

top topics

join