It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People following politics like it's their religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
We've all heard of the end times, the prophecies, the new age religions, the anti christ ect... But what is all of it...
I bet most of you people on this board have NO idea what any of it is..
Most people these days have been involved with politics then in any other time.
People pick whatever side they like best and will fight the other until they turn blue in the face...
Is this the new age religion? politics?? Children 12+ are getting involved in it, not really knowing obectivism , relativism, but rather just knowing what they've been taught and go along with it even if they've been proven wrong...

So my point is, we're living in a godless society/secularist/ humanist/ newage bs society, i've come to realise that is a sign of the end times.

I want to share this with you.

GODLESSNESS IN THE LAST DAYS
II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

A good site that can educate you on this.
contenderministries.org...

Funny, how God knew this was going to happen all along... He knew, and this is a challenge for those of us who believe, we have to start taking a stand even to save those who have become godless. We're in the second earth age, there is only 3, and the third is for those of us who have plugged into the tree of life...

A branch can't survive on it's own without the tree, without the tree it dies.
So we're in the end times, some of us have sided with the opposer who denies god, who advocates homosexuality, and lies and decieves behind your backs. And yet, you still follow.

Our leaders are often corrupt; They are some of the most educated and influential people in our societies, and yet the most lacking in real truth.

Politics have become the new age religion....

Luke 21:28 "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Luke 21:32 "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place."

Hmmm, I wonder what John Kerry would say about all this, or the ACLU for that matter...

[edit on 1-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This has been prophesized for the last 2,000 years.

New age religion=politics? Hardly. The "new age" religion is the realization that each and every one of us have God's holy spirit within us and we are all the sons and daughters of God. Most in the "new age" religion do not fear God for we are all part of him, and he loves us.

The ACLU has nothing against God, or Christianity. They just want to make sure that the church and state be seperated as they should be. None of us want our nation to turn into some of the nations in the Middle East do we?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Politics isn't religion, TrueLies - not even when you put your faith in your "President" based on nothing but myth, belief, and the lies of an established church.

Politics is the lifeblood of civilised society. To be ignorant of politics is to be ignorant of everything which makes us what we are, of where we came from, and of where we're going. Ignorance of politics is ignorance of philosophy, of ideaology, and of the principles of democracy.

Ignorance of politics is ignorance indeed.

If I were, I'd start studying, TrueLies.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands
Politics isn't religion, TrueLies - not even when you put your faith in your "President" based on nothing but myth, belief, and the lies of an established church.

Politics is the lifeblood of civilised society.

Actually politics isn't the lifeblood of civilised society, but it's funny how polticians brainwash us to believe it is so. I'm sorry to hear that you think politics is the lifeblood of civilised society when politics is truly the lifeblood of corrupt , power hungry, decieftful individual who wants to control everything and everyone around them. I'm sorry to hear you think people need this as a way of living in a civilised society.

To be ignorant of politics is to be ignorant of everything which makes us what we are, of where we came from, and of where we're going.

Again, this isn't true. What makes you think "politics" makes us what we are, where we came from, and where we're going? I agree that politics is designed as a sport so to speak to belong to a group where your ideologies are the same, whether it be logical and ethical principals, or totally the opposite. This could be looked at in a variety of viewpoints, so it's all relative. However politics isn't the lifeblood for a civilised society, but I understand what your trying to say.

If I were, I'd start studying, TrueLies.

Yeah, let me open up your study book so I can share in the same philosophies and ideologies YOU HAVE...
Thanks, but I think i'll pass.

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by TrueLies]

E_T

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Todays "Holy trinity" are "free" capitalism/market economy and globalization.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Good point E.T

Just some food for thought, but so is God, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink... No christian is forcing their beliefs on anybody like the followers of Allah, so tell me why the ACLU sides with muslim and is taking crosses down and mangers which are symbolic to christians??

I'm really stumped...

And the people following the secularists/humanists are trying to shut down the christian foundation, christians haven't started a holy war Islam has, christians haven't forced any ideology down people's throat, just tried to show em, not force because thats what the bible says to do. More and more people are hating the bible, siding with the enemy, and falling into the trap of new age ideology.

So tell me how come this is? Never ever ever has anybody in the past had a problem with the christian foundation of America until the secularists and humanists came into the picture. And now it's a huge problem!

These people inventing their own religion and people are swallowing it, and not only has it made it's way into politics, politicians are now siding em.
That's why I say politics has turned into the new religion, people have their viewpoints on issues, and now religion and non religion has made it's way into politics..

Funny how there is supposed to be a separation between church and state, but humanists and secularists is a form religion religion is a belief in something, and they believe there is no god. If there wasn't a god why are they making such a huge deal about him and brining him into politics so that people eventually forget about the almighty and grow up believing that people evolved from monkies but you still have to do good along the way and you'll eventually pass over into the "afterlife"... Not heaven, but the afterlife, or the 4th dimension or whatever... So that's not religion eh?? An they haven't brought into politics eh? And they haven't started a war between religious and non religious people right??

But yet they're turning the tables and making it look like the christians are trying to bring their religion into the state when it's them.

E_T

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
that people evolved from monkies

I would say at least that's better than this god created man and gave everything else as his toy.

E_T

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Funny, how God knew this was going to happen all along... He knew

Well, that's easy, if you look to history you can see that mankind learns pretty much nothing from past.

Here's good example what US government represents:
www.opensecrets.org...
It's money and big corporations... when they should serve your country and its citizens intead of allmighty dollar.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
To paraphrase:

This world is going in a foolish, impractical, senseless direction.

Why?

Because we're being spoonfed to have no ethical epistemological base. And yes liberals are supporting this, secularists, humanists, the ACLU who is hiding behind all those groups while pretending to be a centrist organization.

They're trying to take it away and make it so that everybody eventually doesn't have a god, no "under god" in the pledge, no "god bless america", no "in god we trust" .

Their teaching children, impressive adults and teenagers that that's the way to be, no ethical society, no religious society, no lawless society which teaches right from wrong, thats the way.
A non religious society is good, everybody that has ethics and morale is wrong. They won't come out and say it because then many people wouldn't back them, but if your smart enough to read between the lines and the undercurrent, thats what their saying.

And humanists and secularists are the one imposing their beliefs on people trying to make it so that that indeed DOES HAPPEN.

You can thank the ACLU for siding with them, you know, they say their a civil liberties union a centrist organization but yet side with these groups and also take down crosses and mangers around the country meanwhile giving the q'uran to elementary school children to study that religion, but yet they don't want them to have anything to do with christianity or catholicism... Or anything that is BIBLE BASED, for that matter. It's kinda weird isn't it...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
Here's good example what US government represents:
www.opensecrets.org...
It's money and big corporations... when they should serve your country and its citizens intead of allmighty dollar.

I'm sorry but anything that has the words john stewart in them, I tend to file under g...
If you can find any other papers backing what you say i'd like to read them.
I understand big business is in bed with the government, i'm not talking about the government. I'm talking about politicians and religion.
Main point being, religion has been dragged into politicians in a backhanded way by the people who don't even believe in it.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
Well, that's easy, if you look to history you can see that mankind learns pretty nothing from the past.

Exactly, nobody has taken the time out to read the bible, but they will listen and regurgitate seculiarists viewpoints.
Everything you talk about is in the bible. But thats too much to read right, it's much easier to listen to some corrupt politicians try and speak half truths and double speak then it is to open a book filled with all the information and guidance one could ask for.

And monkies isn't a better explanation then god created man and everything after as his toy, thats a ridiculous uneducated statement.

New foes arise, Threatening to bind our souls with secular chains. -Milton.

That's the battle for this generation.... Which brings me back to the point that that is indeed a sign of the end times. All things on God's list must be checked off before he folds the earth and starts the 3rd earth age.
That's from the bible btw, not some made up info regurgitated from some politicians or secularists. They wouldn't tell you that because a) they haven't read it and don't want to b) because they don't want people to believe that "garbage" c) they wouldn't tell you that because then they wouldn't be able to advocate their godless viewpoints...

The battle of today is religion vs non religion.. Non religious people started the fight, what they are going to do is see "there, see they are trying to ram that god bs down your throats, shut em down".
And "bible based religions" are going to become the new evil, and secularists and humanists are going to run this country.

And this country is going to be an absolute mess, and it will be a scary place.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Apparently, you have fallen into the trap that is being preached by such "religious" people as Pat Robertson, et al.

You say there is nothing wrong with government except the politicians? That is an oxymoron. Government is politicians.

Smart enought to read behind the lines? What lines? What is between those lines?

I have sat and read your words in wonder. Apparently, you are of the belief if you don't believe in "my God" you don't believe in God. We all have the same God, the allknowing creator. The only places the ACLU wants crosses, and mangers taken down is on government property. Again, I don't want my child to eventually having the government tell him or her what religion to follow.

Tell me who exactly is trying to shut down the "Christian foundation"?

You claim these people are "Creating their own religion and people are swallowing it". You claim that religion has made its way into politics. This I cannot disagree on. Pat Robertson's show is a perfect example. He is hardly being the true Christian that he claims he is.

It says in the Bible that we must have government does it not? Government is politicians.

Are you being a true Christian in judging others for what they believe, and what actions they take? Do you not believe that evolution and creation work hand in hand? The universe is still evolving and creating everyday as it continues it's expansion.

Do you not realize this is all an illusion? The keyboard you type on, yourself, everything around you is an illusion held together by the power and energy of God?

Jesus said to go with him into the kingdom of God. He never preached hate. Do you not realize reading the words of Christ that he was probably the biggest "liberal" around. That we should all work together, take care of each other, and pass God's love on?

If you want one to "read between the lines" I will and state that you are under the belief that if one isn't the type of "Christian" you want them to be then they have no belief in God and it is tearing away the moral foundation of our nation.

If Jesus was to return today he would be appalled at what has happened to his teachings.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Apparently, you have fallen into the trap that is being preached by such "religious" people as Pat Robertson, et al.

It's not a trap btw, but thats what they would want you to think... Once you start learning on your own without having outside influence, you might understand, but until then, I doubt you ever will.

You say there is nothing wrong with government except the politicians? That is an oxymoron. Government is politicians.

Actually that's not an oxymoron, government is made up of politicians, your right, and politicians these days are sleeze bags and will side with and promote any idea if they get a few bucks in their pockets.

Smart enought to read behind the lines? What lines? What is between those lines?

Apparantly you missed it... I just told you what was between the lines, and it totally blew over your head.

Apparently, you are of the belief if you don't believe in "my God" you don't believe in God. We all have the same God, the allknowing creator.

Exactly, there is no "my god" God is everyone's God, whether people want to pay attention to him or not is their choice, however there will reparations, and thats not something I just pulled out of my ass, it's something I learned on my own while reading and studying.. I'm not an expert but I get the basic ideology and message that everyone's "god" has put out for us to understand... It's not "my " god.. If you look it in the bible, it clearly states that if you are a jw, or a king henry follower type you are in an occult, and not listening to the message of "god". People wil make up their own god, but scripture is the oldest message, new age and jw are recent religions, they picked and chose which messages to take take out of the bible, paraphrase it, and to mold it into whatever they want "their" message to be.
So yes, there is an all knowing creator, and if you truly believed in that like I do then you would be doing more research on that, and trust me, it's far from boring...

The only places the ACLU wants crosses, and mangers taken down is on government property. Again, I don't want my child to eventually having the government tell him or her what religion to follow.

The government NEVER EVER told children what religion to believe, however, the secularists are telling the children there is no god and to follow their beliefs, and that is occult. Sorry to say it but it's godless, and you just contradicted yourself, read your above statements.

Tell me who exactly is trying to shut down the "Christian foundation"?

Many secularist groups... Including the ACLU.

You claim these people are "Creating their own religion and people are swallowing it". You claim that religion has made its way into politics. This I cannot disagree on. Pat Robertson's show is a perfect example. He is hardly being the true Christian that he claims he is.

I don't even know who pat robertson is... And if you knew anything about the word... Secularists have """" A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion"""". That is one definition of religion out of 4.
I'm sorry but politicians are now falling into secularist ideologies.. Mainly liberals. And I haven't seen any discredit secularist ideologies, but I have seen many discredit "everybody's god". And if you think it hasn't been brough into politics your sorely mistaken my friend. There are many shyster's out there in all religions including secularism, pat robertson maybe one, I don't know never seen his show. But you can't discredit god or jesus christ because there are many ninnies out there... Well you can, freewill, my bad.

It says in the Bible that we must have government does it not? Government is politicians.

There is a difference between corrupt government and a government under god, there was 12 commandments put out out by god so that people could govern themselves accordingly and thus have a utopian life to live ... There would be lies, rape, murder, coveting, ect ect, a people's government is full of corruption, control problems, personality problems, ect, ect, it says in the bible also that people should never follow people for these exact reasons which is why said under god, because he says he is the truth, and doesn't lie, ect. .. That's the difference.

Are you being a true Christian in judging others for what they believe.

I just started my christian life, and it is said to not judge people, and it also says to help those who are godless, so i am. I'm not FORCING any belief system just educating you on what I know, unlike secularists who actually are trying to push their beliefs on the mases by descrediting God as a made up thing... And yes they are really trying to get the Country to believe that.
And they are the ones who are judging, and full of hate speech, and full of shanannigan's for that matter... The bible also states that anyone who is like that is part of satan's work, he is a master manipulator, ect... He is tricky, and has many people working for him without them even knowing it..
So it is said to help those who don't know, not force anything, just show them the way, it's their choice... Nobody gets raped or murdered if they don't believe like Islam/taliban...
There are extremists in every religion, but that shouldn't discredit the man upstairs.

Do you not believe that evolution and creation work hand in hand? The universe is still evolving and creating everyday as it continues it's expansion.

I just want to know, who created the universe? who made evolution ? The answer is found in Gensis, not in some secularist organizations mind, not in some scientist who way back when created a formula from his own mind.
It's your choice if you want to think big or small.. But the answer is found in the o.t...

Do you not realize this is all an illusion? The keyboard you type on, yourself, everything around you is an illusion held together by the power and energy of God?

Explain that to me so I understand what exactly your saying...

Jesus said to go with him into the kingdom of God. He never preached hate. Do you not realize reading the words of Christ that he was probably the biggest "liberal" around. That we should all work together, take care of each other, and pass God's love on?

I don't think Jesus was a liberal, liberals don't know right from wrong, Jesus had an ethical base, you know, do unto other as you would like have done unto you, treat people the way you would like to be treated, don't judge people because you are not perfect yourself, believe in those sort of things because he is the truth.. I don't think liberals and Jesus have much in common, liberals have double standards and contradict themselves time and time again without even knowing it, and if they get busted they try and do the little tap dance and back peddling performance that they think they've mastered...

If Jesus was to return today he would be appalled at what has happened to his teachings.

He is coming, and I think he would be appalled at many people who haven't even listened to his teachings after he put them out there to help people understand the first time... History does repeat itself.. However I think God's had enough of people's shananigan's, and will take only those who have plugged into him the way it says to in the bible... Not in some new age ideology that picks and chooses what gods beliefs and expectations of us are.

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
To say that people have been predicting the End of Days for 2,000 years is irrelevant to whether we are now entering the End of Days.

We are in a time now that virtually every sign is now apparent. These events have never happened in human history.

We were told that among the signs were such things as: Rapid transportation around the earth; worldwide communication; the "fig tree" (Israel) coming to "bloom" (the fig tree is used to symbolize Israel; and that when the "fig tree" regained its leaves (became arable agriculture), that generation would not pass away before the End of Days. Israel became a state in 1947,

Within the hidden text of the Bible, we are told that "a generation is defined as 70 years." You do the math.

For a more detailed list of signs, check out the Torah Code Website at www.onealclan.com...

We are the last generation. This was predicted long before Jesus was even born - 3,200 years ago within the hidden text of the Hebrew Torah. Perhaps I should have added one more statement. Jesus said that he hoped the last generation would see the signs so that they could expect the tribulations to come. The website above lays it all out, based upon the "sealed book" portion of the Bible and makes it clear.

Many will ignore the signs and many will reject what is clear to others. We all have choices in life.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
he matrix reads: "2012, planetary wanderer, comet, large, stone-like object sped, sixty miles, fragmentary, blunderbuss / scattergun, tongue-like, earth annihilated. Smitten/stricken, Canada, crater, ultimate, terrifying, appalling, lethal, modifier, mantle, axis tilting, tipping, sun, speeded, seismic, eradication." And finally, "It will be crumbled; I will tear it to pieces."

Each of the five books of the Torah presents this hidden message: "I am the Encoder. I am God."

The above matrix is a development of one first published by Michael Drosnin in his first book, Bible Code, Drosnin matrix and also this one:

The following hidden messages were among many published by engineer and author Joseph Noah in his best-selling Future Prospects for the World According to the Bible Code.

Pole/Shift: "Third and ending world pole shift expected in 2012." (Exodus 10:29-12:28)

Found in Genesis 4:5 with the Bible Code 2000 program: "I am the Encoder. I am God." This statement was also found in every Book of the Torah.

Surviving/Holocaust: "Prospect that half (of the) USA chose righteousness and God, surviving the holocaust between 2010 and 2012." (Genesis 24:14 through 24:45)

That is some scary stuff... However, it is people's job who believe to help those who are godless... This year with all the secularists and politicians turning away from God and going to convince the masses of their ideas.
Those who believe will survive the holocaust between 2010 and 2012..

You guys still think politics and religion aren't turning into one and the same?? And actually if you think about it this way, secularists are actually doing people a favor because hopefullymore people will reject that idea and open their hearts back up to the truth.. Hopefully..

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why is this in the pit and not in this forum?

I'm seeing a whole lot of religion and not much in the way of politics.

Can anyone clarify?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
the point I was to "debate" is the idea/theory that these secularist organizations are bringing godlessness into politics...

by doing this they are using the ACLU to crack down on Christianity in many different ways, in many different states.

All the while claiming the Christianity is brainwashing American adults and children growing up, when God shouldn't be used in pledges ect...

It was on fox news, cnn, ect... It needs to be debated, and it does run into politics because they are using political and judicial systems to bring "god" down.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Politics is more important than religion to many (including myself) because it actually relates to our lives and it actually influences our lives, it is our lives... politics is everywhere. Politics is similar to religion in that it dictates how we live and it dictates what values one should have... the difference is, in politics one doesnt place their face in a being that no-one has ever seen or heard and there is little proof of its exsistance (i'm speaking of god).

As for 'the end times', i believe that there will be a huge change on the planet soon, what it is i dont know. But i dont think the churches prediction means much. They have been predicting the end for millenia (2 of them to be precise) and at the turn of the 1st millenium (1000 AD) the christian world panicked and thought the world would end... in case you havent noticed it didnt.

new topics

top topics

join