It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks (was) down

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
he is in the uk ?

and scotland yard made a statement

www.dn.se...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
When Wikileaks provides the password for the insurance file, what programme does one use to open it?

When I click "open file" on my pc, windows explorer doesn't know which programme to use?

Thanks in advance

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Scattykat

Run Linux, not Windows.

The program to decrypt it is called OpenSSL.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Windows is fine. Run a Google search and you'll find a program. I've had Windows 7 and the new MS Office suite now for about 5 months and Microsoft is really starting to redeem itself performance wise. I've been very impressed.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
@mw451:

Why didn't you care about the safety of the troops prior to Wikileaks? Were you protesting the aggressive foreign policy advocated by America which led to 9-11 and global hatred for the U.S.? Were you complaining when we launched invasions into countries which put our service members at risk, as well as the millions of foreign citizens who have been killed by American action? I only ask because, it seems like you want to vilify Wikileaks and not hold the American government accountable at all. You can't really argue that Wikileaks has gotten people killed, and not look to the much larger figure of people killed by the United States government over the last ten years. That might conflict with your world view though, so I can see why you would ignore it...
edit on 26-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

I Only became an ATS Member a few months ago to begin with. AND YES!!!, I did not agree with GW Bush that we should again attack Iraq -- I think he did thta for his Dad... who could've finished that off in 1991.

I agree, that the US has been in this War -- tho not declared "a War" -- for nearly 10 years, and it IS time that We Stop! But, we made a mess, so we have to clean it up and NOT leave a bigger mess behind, and I don't think we are doing that.

I posted on my Blog years ago how I Hated this "War". My Grandfather fought in WWII, and this is nothing like like that, we went after the wrong guys.

Sure, Sadam was Evil, Mean, Torturing, BUT IT was NOT him. It IS bin Laden.

And for US to be able to read a License Plate from Space, but can't find Osama... That is a Joke.

I just think that Wikileaks isn't doing any good, and Assange is using it for his sake. A "Tool" or Threat, that "if you mess with me, I'll release this info." Assange is getting what he wants, and people are just drooling to see what he has.

I do hold the Government accountable. As I said, it's been nearly 10 years of "War" -- NEVER DECLARED!!! We shouldn't have gone there in the first place, because Iraq Wasn't where The Problem Hid.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Its hilarious how a false positive wikileaks meltdown thread got 100+ Flags...

They shut down for maintenance before they release their information. They have done it just about everytime now, and you all just flip

The whole world is braced for the release Wikileaks... tick tock tick tock tick tock

Remeber this prediction, Wikileaks will shut down for maintenance before their next release, after this release.. can we keep a lid on the skitzing?
Cool

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The anticipation is unbelieveable, I'm hoping it happens late tonight or early tomorrow. These releases really polarize people on here, and probably everywhere else too. I've kept quiet on this thread simply because it's really a moot point, this release will happen. His character and crimes aside, Julian is doing everyone a favour, we need to know the gory details, aren't the peoples collective a$$es on the line? Disinfo? Take it with a grain of salt and pay attention to current events, figure out what to believe and what isn't worth your time. But the truth isn't something that should be hid...isn't that why most of us are here?

Jester

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zerohaze

The leaks will continue to expose truth.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchangelMichael

wikileaks is a controlled demolition.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Assange was willing to negotiate with the State Department, claims somebody from the State Department. But they won't make deals with criminal masterminds, thankfully. Apparently there is a very serious threat of lives being in danger because of this. I kind of feel bad wanting this to happen for the sake of truth. I just think it is too necessary, and if peoples lives are at stake, then that just shows that they should not have been involved in whatever they were doing.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Its hilarious how a false positive wikileaks meltdown thread got 100+ Flags...

Its not hilarious.

It went down, yes, for maintenance. At the time we did not know that, then the thread turned into an interesting conversation.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It appears it is down again this morning.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gixxerblade

It appears your right, I cant access it from Ireland. Though when I ping the server, I get 25% packet loss but I get 3 replies.

I cant access chat either and the SSL certificate on the site states that the certificate is from another site, apparently identity theft according to the certificate.

EDIT: Chat is online

edit on 28/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

We are currently under a mass distributed denial of service attack.

thats from twitter.
as expected.
dammit.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Then it is official, they are having server problems.

Stayed tuned.

100% packet loss now when pinging.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

100% packet loss now when pinging.

whats that mean?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
some of latest leaks exposed
owni.fr...
and "El Pais, Le Monde, Speigel, Guardian & NYT will publish many US embassy cables tonight, even if WikiLeaks goes down"
edit on 28-11-2010 by petar258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
yea they are down (cnn; WikiLeaks reports it's under cyber attack.)... It's already 6pm in the EU, so El Pais, Le Monde & Speigel should start posting soon.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Now, wikileaks is really down. "Whistle-blowing website Wikileaks says it is under attack from a computer-hacking operation, ahead of a release of secret US documents."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It's so obvious that the government is doing this attack. Or maybe wikileaks is staging it's own attack to gain more media exposure. Either way the truth will be revealed soon.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join