It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It May Be Time for Trains, Ships and Mass Transit to Use Body Scanners, Napolitano Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It May Be Time for Trains, Ships and Mass Transit to Use Body Scanners, Napolitano Says

www.foxnews.com

"I think the tighter we get on aviation, we have to also be thinking now about going on to mass transit or to trains or maritime," she said. "So what do we need to be doing to strengthen our protections there?"

"I really want to say, look, let's be realistic and use our common sense," she said last week, explaining that the screening technology has been in development since before the failed Christmas Day bombing attack last year.

What we're all about is shared responsibility
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.examiner.com

Mod Note: Please Review Instructions for the Breaking News Forum.

Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

edit on Fri 26 Nov 2010 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well we all saw this coming here at ATS. The TSA's groping hands will grab us no matter how we travel. Shall this extend to the city bus or taxi?

I don't really understand the second quote, it seems to admit they were preparing these scanners prior to the christmas day bombing. Further showing it was a false-flag to give them reason to sign contracts and purchase the machines to install coast to coast.

And Napolitano is considering the 'psychology' of terrorists, this from examiner site;

“I think having a better understanding of what causes someone to become a terrorist will be helpful." “We don’t know much,” she said. “If you were to try and devise a template about what connects this terrorist to this terrorist and how they were raised and what schools they went to and their socioeconomic status, or this or that, it’s all over the map.

It's kind of cliche, but this is like the movie minority report where criminals are caught before they commit a crime.

edit on 25-11-2010 by BenIndaSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

This is why we all need to build our own flying cars using zero point energy. I mean they used to put radon in water thinking it was healthy. Maybe the NWO doesn't have enough mutants for their legion. "It's time for more radiation Carl."

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
They are going to want to put the infernal things in buildings too. Most likely Federal buildings to start. Probably won't be able to use any public transportation without being scanned or groped. Maybe Americans will fall in love with their cars again.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp

This is why we all need to build our own flying cars using zero point energy. I mean they used to put radon in water thinking it was healthy. Maybe the NWO doesn't have enough mutants for their legion. "It's time for more radiation Carl."

I don't know what in the world you're talking about, but I would like a flying car. And unfortunately they still put fluoride in the water thinking it's healthy.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If this happens in the Uk I will definitely be taking some kind of action.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

These procedures are INEFFECTIVE. They won't stop anyone, other than an idiot who has been hiding under a rock, from bringing down a plane with explosives if they really want to. I mean, seriously. Anyone with half a brain would realize the most obvious way to hide something within the body where they won't be searching, save for a full cavity search.

I completely agree with the idea of "profiling" people at airports. Single out people who look like terrorists we have had if their background check doesn't smell right. Throw out the political correctness. It's costing INNOCENT people privacy and WASTING MONEY.

This same political correctness made no sense in Arizona. Should we be able to pull over a van crowded full of people who look like illegals? Yes!

Profiling is useful because trends are useful! If most terrorist acts are committed by a particular race, the good people of that race should necessarily be happy to be checked, so that they themselves don't end up dead on an airplane.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well, I guess it's too much to ask that members of a conspiracy theory discussion website actually have a sense of humor. My bad.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The next step is mandatory RFID chipping, national IDs and more regulation.

and the hilarious part is: it will pass. You don't toss a frog into a boiling pot, you put him in a pot and slowly increase the heat.

We're already in the pot; how much more heat can you take?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

We're already in the pot; how much more heat can you take?

I won't know until the hot brass starts to pile up around me.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkey_descendant
If this happens in the Uk I will definitely be taking some kind of action.

Which rock have you been hiding under?

Kiwi refuses 'naked' body scan
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A New Zealander who was held up at Heathrow Airport for a day after refusing to get a body scan is returning home after being put onto another flight. .... In New Zealand the body scanners are prohibited under the Aviation Crimes Act.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
and the hilarious part is: it will pass. You don't toss a frog into a boiling pot, you put him in a pot and slowly increase the heat.

In the days of the revolution, 20% were revolutionaries, 20% were loyalists... the other 60% sat on the fence....

Today we call those fence sitters 'sheeple'

The 20% won the day... maybe all hope is not lost yet

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sometimes I get the feeling "they" are really afraid of something.

Big Sis did tell her friend to go back to Arizona and stock up with 6 mo. worth of food.

And once I heard Cheney say, "If you knew what I knew, you wouldn't be questioning this."

But why are Americans that are generally "clueless" as to what is going on.... suspects?

But also I heard that the IMF told Obama to make Americans "submissive."

That's going to be pretty hard to do, cause we're a bunch of "rednecks" at heart.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota
That's going to be pretty hard to do, cause we're a bunch of "rednecks" at heart.

Hmmmm maybe that is why THESE headlines are all over the web

Gun sales at record levels
Apr 27, 2009 ... Gun sales at record levels. Dealers say fear of government controls causing buying spree of record level. Monday, April 27, 2009 .
www.post-gazette.com...

Obama's record on firearms triggers run on sales in state - The ...
Nov 6, 2008 ... John Faulkner and his wife, Brenda, thought Wednesday was a good day to buy a handgun.
www.denverpost.com...

Obama's Election Sparks Gun Sales - ABC News
Nov 7, 2008 ... Up in Arms: Post-Election Fears Cause Surge in Gun Sales ... set a record for the highest number of background checks for new gun owners, .
abcnews.go.com...

MANY more

Seems the "Sleeping Giant" is stirring and stockpiling. Maybe that is why they are rattling sabers with Korea, to distract us

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Seems the "Sleeping Giant" is stirring and stockpiling. Maybe that is why they are rattling sabers with Korea, to distract us

Do you think they are afraid of "us" zorgon?

Could very well be.

Sometimes I think they are pushing us on purpose to revolt. But once we started rising up about something, like TSA, they backed down. Now they're pushing some more.

Are they trying to figure how much we're going to put up with? What our limit is?

Anybody know what our limit is? What will cause us all to riot?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Me, personally? My patience is almost boundless, as long as my toes don't hurt. So if they step lightly, I may not flinch.

I suspect that most people are this way. The bank thing is one thing that will flash. Religious stuff, or taxation. Mostly, money and religion are the only things that will push the populace at large.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota
Do you think they are afraid of "us" zorgon?
Could very well be.

Well that is a tough question... For years now they have been training the police and the army to respond to 'civil unrest' even tossing around terms like 'urban terrorists' We have all heard the rumors about the FEMA camps.

So it really boils down to which side will the police and the military support when push comes to shove? We had internment camps here once for Japanese and Germans, then we hunted Commies under every bed and even had that Kent State incidence.

So while I HOPE that the armed forces would not stand for this, I can see certain elite squads that6 would have no problem with treating us as the enemy.

And today, while "We the people" may have our swords and guns, THEY have predator drones, awesome stealth UAV's and space lasers. Hard to fight that

I think the only reason 'they' don't have absolute control yet is that there are many on the inside that still work for the good. Not sure where the balance is right now though... after 9/11 it seems the dark side scored big.

Hopefully we will not have to find out, but it's not looking good. Isreal can't wait to wipe out Iran. our ships are already on maneuvers, and North and South Korea are tossing stones at each other. Nope... not looking good at all

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The dys of going anywhere you want in america are over* thier doing this to us intentionally you know* its the NWO in effect..treating us all like 3rd grade dogcrap destroying the middle class. why are they doing this now? i mean whis woulda made more sense around 9/11 as a temporary means*
this isnt america home of freedom and democracy anymore. congress has become chock full of greedy corrupted wallstreet lobbyists and CEO's who are trying to not onoly take our hard earned money, but violate our freedoms every way they can now.
obama isnt doing anything to make this a better country at all..he should be stopping this crap form happeneing, via executive order or something..yuo know watching over us like a rpesident is suposed to do* their turning this country into a 3rd world slave labor country..and its going too get worse* these body scans, are anti democracy and freedom, and agiasnt everything america stands for.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
they will simply excuse themselves from any body searches ya know* thast how it works, and shows their true face* wede all better start voting people out soon, or get ready for revolt *

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
or get ready for revolt *

My swordsmith is already working overtime

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join