It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something ain't right about Global Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This thread is follow up of this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's something very wrong about Global Consciousness: it only happen because of events like 9/11 and the like that has insignificant victims, whilst in the bigger events like suffering and death of people in the place like Iraq, Afghanistan, Gaza Strip, Subsaharan regions, and the like as well suffering and death of world's Flora and Fauna which those death and suffering of those people, animals, and plants have their casualties obviously dwarfs casualties of events like 9/11 and the like, Global Consciousness are simply never happens, and why this is happens and this is ain't right?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

So just because if "Global conscious" is not the same as your "personal conscious" there is something not right about it?. You need to learn to respect others opinions!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

There's something very wrong about Global Consciousness: it only happen because of events like 9/11 and the like that has insignificant victims, whilst in the bigger events like suffering and death of people in the place like Iraq, Afghanistan, Gaza Strip, Subsaharan regions, and the like as well suffering and death of world's Flora and Fauna which those death and suffering of those people, animals, and plants have their casualties obviously dwarfs casualties of events like 9/11 and the like, Global Consciousness are simply never happens, and why this is happens and this is ain't right?

I think it's because of the surprise/shock value of sudden events. That's what registers. Plus suddenly they are all over the news.
People get numbed to ongoing things, and don't think of them as often. Wars and suffering, and the species extinctions go on over time.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Because anything that happens in the USA is blown way out of proportion.

Iraq has experienced the equivalent of 9/11 in civilian deaths every 8 or so days since the war began. That isn't taking into account the indirect effects of war such as damage to infrastructure and psychological/social health.
Starving children die by the tens of thousands per day, and the most we can do about it is throw a $1 a day at some faceless charity.

Somehow, I think "global consciousness" isn't so much a sum of human attention as it is a product of human manipulation.

www.prosebeforehos.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The Global Consciousness that I talked here are type of Collective Consciousness

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by masonicon

I think it's because of the surprise/shock value of sudden events. That's what registers. Plus suddenly they are all over the news.
People get numbed to ongoing things, and don't think of them as often. Wars and suffering, and the species extinctions go on over time.

For me, Wars and suffering, and the species extinctions are matters far more than events like 9/11 and the like

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alushe

If what you say about iraq is true...

Considering that in the past 7 years there have been 315 seperate 8-day blocks. Approx 3000 people died on 9/11 WTC.
3000 * 315 = 945,000

So you are saying that approximately 945,000 civilians have died in Iraq since 2003?

www.iraqbodycount.org... sais you have overestimated the death toll by approximately 837,062 deaths, using their largest estimate.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There is no Global consciousness !
It's new age Propaganda,plain and simple.
The only thing people care about is themselves.
It's proven over and over again with every disaster
that comes along;( Oh my, Did you hear about
the earthquake in China?all those poor people?
Yea, But what about Dancing with the Stars !
Can you believe that ? She should not have won ! )
People are child like in their attention span.
All they really care about is what directly effects
their little hedonistic lives.

The BrainGarden. P.S. Over one Million Iraqi's have been killed since 1990 !
edit on 25-11-2010 by BrainGarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by masoniconThere's something very wrong about Global Consciousness: it only happen because of events like 9/11...

Question:

Is it even possible to differentiate this "Global Consciousness" from the consciousness that is being created by the media through the choice of the information it will publicize?

Something happens in one corner of the world but the media chooses to pay no attention to it whatsoever.

Why?

Because it does not fit the media's agenda.

What chance does it have, then, of ever impacting or becoming an element of the "Global Consciousness" unless it is something that is widely taken cognizance of?

And how is this "Global Consciousness" even measured in the first place independently from the information which the media chooses to publish? In other words, the entity of "Global Consciousness" appears to be nothing more than a measure of the extent to which people have become dependent upon the media's propagation of certain information while, at the same time, ignoring any information which is not to their interests.

This, in fact, appears to be the goal of the international media in the first place: to create a "Global consciousness" which is concerned exclusively about the things which the media is concerned about; a media that is already the loyal and unquestioning servant of those with the most money and power in the first place.

In other words, it is precisely the creation of a "Global consciousness"--a consciousness which is completely and unquestioningly subserviant to the current power structure--that presents a clear and present danger to the very survival of human civilization itself.

Mi cha el

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't know what the first guy wrote, I read it a few times, the I just perceived it as "There is no such a thing as global consciousness" .. and I don't care what some pseudo-archangel with extreme identification disorders says lol (always wanted to say this).. well, as far as subconscience goes, I think it was always there and it works, if you can figure it out... And if you figure it out, you would never tell nobody else, who didn't find out themselves how it works... as far as a irrational and unwilling sharing of emotion etc goes, I would say, you would have to be Obi Wan Kenobi like... "I felt a disturbance of the force..." but intuitive connection between friends or something like this exists, as far as I can say.... what am I talking about anyway....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden
There is no Global consciousness !
It's new age Propaganda,plain and simple.
The only thing people care about is themselves.
It's proven over and over again with every disaster
that comes along;( Oh my, Did you hear about
the earthquake in China?all those poor people?
Yea, But what about Dancing with the Stars !
Can you believe that ? She should not have won ! )
People are child like in their attention span.
All they really care about is what directly effects
their little hedonistic lives.

The BrainGarden. P.S. Over one Million Iraqi's have been killed since 1990 !
edit on 25-11-2010 by BrainGarden because: (no reason given)

*sigh* Please explain to me how the goal of the "global consciousness project" has anything to do with new age science. Scientists who study things such as global consciousness are not doing it to put forth any type of new age religion they are trying to understand how our thoughts/feelings/emotions affect our world. They set up random number generators around the world, and when something like 9/11 happens the numbers become less random. Thus leading them to the conclusion that our thoughts do affect out world. That our global consciousness when focused on something can affect machines which leads to the questions so what other affects could it have on our world. Thats basically the entire purpose for the study of things like this. Its not new, this started a long time ago with scientists focusing their own intention/thoughs/emtions to one machine and measuring differences. Its science.

So as someone above posted its not that we are so much connected but that when something like 9/11 happens its on the news everywhere. I dont know if you recall but other countries were holding vigils and even saying the pledge of allegiance in response to show support. But it is not limited to that, major holidays that are celebrated fairly world wide also show up.

So basically, its not new age, its science trying to understand how our thoughts/feelings/emotions affect the physical world.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The thing one must remember who's controlling the "Collective Consciousness" and by what means i linked this video elsewhere but i'll post it here too if this is TPTB idea of Collective Consciousness and it is i don't think anyone wants the concept......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
The thing one must remember who's controlling the "Collective Consciousness" and by what means i linked this video elsewhere but i'll post it here too if this is TPTB idea of Collective Consciousness and it is i don't think anyone wants the concept......

www.youtube.com...

So they makes nearly everyone that walks on earth to mourns to only those that dies in 9/11 and the like instead to those that dies in the Wars and Suffering in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Gaza Strip, Subsaharan Africa, and regions like that as well casualties of Species extinction and suffering of world's Flora and Fauna

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ability to effect your emotions = Distance from the event x Number of people that died x How like me were these people (equivalence in social status, equivalence of race / nationality/ culture)
Special bonus points are given if the victims are particularly young or famous or good looking or blond

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Ability to effect your emotions = Distance from the event x Number of people that died x How like me were these people (equivalence in social status, equivalence of race / nationality/ culture)
Special bonus points are given if the victims are particularly young or famous or good looking or blond

So the number of people died in Iraq, Afghanistan, Gaza Strip, Subsaharan regions, and the like as well suffering and death of world's Flora and Fauna which those death and suffering of those people, animals, and plants are obviously makes death in 9/11 and the like seems insignificant

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
reply to post by Alushe

If what you say about iraq is true...

Considering that in the past 7 years there have been 315 seperate 8-day blocks. Approx 3000 people died on 9/11 WTC.
3000 * 315 = 945,000

So you are saying that approximately 945,000 civilians have died in Iraq since 2003?

www.iraqbodycount.org... sais you have overestimated the death toll by approximately 837,062 deaths, using their largest estimate.

Iraqbodycount.org has been co-opted to produce false numbers as long as 5 years ago. I remember that within a year of the Iraq war starting, there were numbers as high as 100,000. In the FIRST YEAR.

From WIKI:
The IBC acknowledges on its website that its count is bound to be low due to limitations in reporting stating; "many if not most civilian casualties will go unreported by the media. That is the sad nature of war."

Some estimates claim IBC is only counting 20% of the casualties.

Beside all of those facts, are you saing that if it was only the amount of 300 9/11s, that would be better? So somehow, a 300:1 disproprionate "response" is allright?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

I'm sure that most of us understand the point your trying to make, but it's just a brutal fact of being human that we tend to ignore things unless they directly and immediately effect us.

Take these two examples.
You hear on the news that a person you have never met before but who live in the same town as you is brutally murdered and raped.
You mother gets knocked to the floor and has her handbag stolen

Obviously the second event is going to effect your conciousness more, even though objectively the first event is much worse.
edit on 27-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

My post was not tackling the issue of whether it was alright or not, it would include some form of emotive language if that was so. It was merely examining an exaggeration (disregarding your observations presented now). But now that you mention it:

If 100,000 people died instead of one million. That is better. It is not "alright" in my mind, but it is better than one million.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
you see when Global Consciousness happens because of Wars, Sufferings, and Species Extinctions instead tragedies that has far smaller casualties like 9/11 attacks, there will no more Wars, Sufferings, and Species Extinctions as basically everything that living in Earth(and possibly beyond) are interconnected each other, so Wars, Sufferings, and Species Extinctions are can be just like living thing loses it's limb(for those that has group mind ability), but since Illuminati makes everyone that walks on earth disconnected from everything and each other, this leaves Wars, Sufferings, and Species Extinctions unchecked and this may leads to the end of planet earth.

top topics

join