It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis conquered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The first time that I had sleep paralysis was when I was 11 years old. It would occur sporadically thereafter.

The first time it occurred was in the morning. My cousins were taking a flight back to CA and had left at 6am on a Saturday Morning in July. After saying goodbye I went back to sleep (or at least thats what I was trying to do). What lay in store for me would make me question a lot of things. I got into my bed and closed my eyes but after a few minutes I started to hear something. It was a single voice laughing at an almost inaudible volume. I opened my eyes to see what it was but I didn't see anyone. The laughter got louder and louder and suddenly there were multiple voices laughing louder and louder. I was looking around everywhere (so I thought not realizing immediately that I wasn't moving my body). My eyes dashed where they could with no sign of people. The laughing got so loud that it was nearly deafening. I tried to yell repeatedly but there was no sound coming out of my mouth and this is when I realized I couldn't move either. As the sound grew louder and louder, I tried frantically to yell harder and harder until I blacked out/passed out and woke up 2 hours later.

That was the first occurance of many. It got worse before it got better. It happened enough times that I finally figured out how to "move" forceably with a lot of strain occuring though.

I recently read about it more on various websites.

Recently when I was having another episode, I decided to not try to forcibly "move" my limbs but instead I chose to be calm and "see" where it would take me. I thought to myself that I would be alright and to just go with the flow. Well I must say that it was not bad at all. I found myself seeing nearly every picture that I have taken with my camera for the past 3 years.
It happened again two weeks ago and I did the same thing (going with the flow realizing I was "stuck" but not getting frantic) and I found myselfin the backseat of a car driving through my neighborhood. It was very clear and relaxing.

I hope this helps anyone who has been experiencing the same thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hey check out our discussion on this in the medical forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join