It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Sadly your right there. Most probably don't care. As long as dancing with the stars is on and dominos still delivers pizza.

Mentioned this to my dad earlier and he didn't know the difference between wiki-leaks and wikipedia. His reaction after I explained was 'ban the internet, its more trouble than its worth'.

It'll make as much of a splash as the MSM wants it to, no more, no less. Apathy rules the world.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

That is not common place in this world. Considering all that we have been exposed too and if you live long enough your naivety gives way to reality unless you are determined to overcome the truth with your own sense of reality.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Leaks happen because someone has something to gain from that release.
Now, who has something to gain, that may not be as obvious as one would think.

Agreed...its odd how a conspiracy website is not really questioning the underlying motives behind wikileaks..why they seem to me incredibly one sided against the US...where is the china leaks.

I question the intent...the argument is that this guy is doing it because he is a sort of white knight trying to bring the truth...really...since when is everything black and white...

skeptical...very skeptical

And well certainly all 2 million pages have been well read and certifed as authentic.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
wikileaks are one sided, but then again the way the united states has wielded its power and innocence, it stands to reason that they(wikileaks) should be for the time being.

having said all that. i am suspicious of their leaked info. it never really has that earth shattering stuff that is promised and its always stuff we knew well about. so you kind of wonder who they are working for.

i will wait and see what the latest leak brings, but i don't expect much.
edit on 26-11-2010 by talisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

This time WikiLeaks said the report will be on Afghanistan, Russia and other former Soviet republics, suggesting huge embarrassments, as well as classified U.S. discussions revealing corruption allegations against foreign government leaders.

if it will be really aired, this is yet another good evidence of 3rd Power

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
Despite opinions to the contrary, separating the source/motive of information from the actual content/quality of that same information is asinine. No one and nothing does anything without motive: real world, street proven concrete reality.

Of course, no-one does anything without motive, motive is what creates action, but some motives are destructive and some are actually altruistic.

Assange and his group of 'cyber-leakers' are as agenda driven and politically motivated as any they would pretend to 'expose', and whether the 'info' they expose is technically 'valid' or not has no bearing simply because it will always be released selectively and out of context so long as that is the case.

But the most important question of all is what the motive is, it is motive and motive alone which defines whether an act is based on hatred, greed, etc, or altruism, desire for truth....and that is something you are simply omitting to address. What is the motive for the government releasing propaganda and lies via the MSM?

This is nothing but a case of one group(wikileaks) slamming another group(whomever) and expecting people far removed from the actual acts concerned to be swayed to a certain viewpoint.

I have to disagree, it presents more information, based on documents, which enables people to make better informed decisions. What is the information fed to the public by the government if not far removed from the actual acts and with the intent to dupe people into a certain viewpoint?

It's smoke and mirrors, don't buy it without critically considering the entire situation.

No, it's information. Information which has been withheld for very specific reasons, usually to the detriment of the truth and the public.

Any information should, of course, be evaluated by a critical evaluation of context - but this is what the government denies the people. They hide 90% of the information, they lie and they do everything they can to keep the real agenda out of the public knowledge.
edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by wcitizen

Leaks also happen because someone with integrity and courage is not prepared to remain silent and inactive in the face of something they believe is utterly wrong and immoral.

That is the propaganda line, yes...now, the question is...do we question that or not.
Politicians win by saying they are going to washington to fight corruption..good words..but is that their underlying intent?

Question all, investigate, and take nobodys word as gospel..including the person you think is giving you something for nothing.

nothing is free.

I agree, but we need to have information before we can evaluate it - and that is something the government does not give. So, wikileaks is presenting more of the information through which a bigger picture can be seen. It's the government's own fault. Secrecy is it's main survival mechanism. If people knew the truth the criminals would have been gone a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivek Serca

That is not common place in this world. Considering all that we have been exposed too and if you live long enough your naivety gives way to reality unless you are determined to overcome the truth with your own sense of reality.

Yes, I agree, sadly the people with that sense of integrity are a minority, but thank God some do exist.
second

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLantern101
I mean honestly.. has anyone searched through any wikileaks documents and actually found something of interest?

I guess that depends on what you consider 'interesting'.

second

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

But the most important question of all is what the motive is, it is motive and motive alone which defines whether an act is based on hatred, greed, etc, or altruism, desire for truth....and that is something you are simply omitting to address.

i think the nearest future must expose this moment completely. but, for now, i'm not seeing serious causes to drop version about cia behind their back

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I predict that this next Wikileak will be the final death nail, and mark the tipping point into decline for the USA.

Any "friendships" we had will be broken. Confidence will be lost. Nation's will conspire to punish the USA.

It's already begun, but this will break the back.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

the reason the "leak" happened doesn't diffuse the impact of the information. if true.
I'm 'for the disinfecting properties of daylight.( my opinion of the state dept is not very high.)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I get the feeling that a lot of diplomats are probably digging their own graves right now. "Oh my god who did I say what about I need to explain the context right now! ... That wasn't in the release? Did I even say that....?"

International Politics - The Comedy of Errors

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
They are nervous because they have hidden so much dirt and played so many dirty games they're terririfed of what might be about to be exposed.

I read on another site - might have been reuters - that they think US has been supporting a listed terrorist group and this may be about to be exposed. That is the kind of thing which would be priceless - proof that they have been funding and supporting 'the enemy' as well and blaming it on others. I am hoping some such thing will demolish their credibility and expose them for what they are.

Whoever provided these documents to WL must have been totally sickened by what they were seeing, let's hope their efforts produce some much needed good results.

You may be correct, if it does have information that our diplomats and our govt. have been supplying and supporting terrorists organizations then we are in a world of hurt. Because I'm willing to bet it's more than just one terrorists organization and in more than one area of the world. Also I think that much of those communications have diplomats and govt. officials making comments and such about world leaders and possibly their own govt.. People will really know what the US thinks about them.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Man.. the U.S. is nervous over this. The fact they are going to every country we have notable prelationships with and briefing them one after another is pretty wild. And they way Manning spoke about it, excited, saying it would change history. The current behavior of the U.S. makes me think, he was right on and this leak is big.

So far (and according to WL) the U.S. has briefed
Australia
Canada
Denmark
Norway
Israel
Russia
Turkey
Iceland

And you know they aren't done. I don't know what this info is, but the atmosphere set by Bradley's conversation and the U.S. recent actions are intense.

ALSO: This release, I'm almost positive, will not be an actual release, this will be the password. The insurance file are the cables. I think this because WL gives a slight hint in a recent tweet. They called the insurance file "history insurance."

The tweet:
Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org...
edit on 26-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Sadly your right there. Most probably don't care. As long as dancing with the stars is on and dominos still delivers pizza.

Mentioned this to my dad earlier and he didn't know the difference between wiki-leaks and wikipedia. His reaction after I explained was 'ban the internet, its more trouble than its worth'.

It'll make as much of a splash as the MSM wants it to, no more, no less. Apathy rules the world.

Your Dad said that?
That terrifies me, it makes me wonder how many people would welcome internet sensorship?!

I am a great fan of the freedom of speech online, I have no idea how other peoples minds work but surely everyone wants freedom of speech? NBo matter how much the truth might hurt...

I am shocked man, really shocked...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Did anybody actually read more than a few pages of the last lot leaked?

I think the only ones that glanced over the whole lot were politicians, to see
if their name was mentioned.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I predict that this next Wikileak will be the final death nail, and mark the tipping point into decline for the USA.

Any "friendships" we had will be broken. Confidence will be lost. Nation's will conspire to punish the USA.

It's already begun, but this will break the back.

Get some air, relax and take a walk.

You're scaring the children

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
this could hurt our ties with Israel check this out http:
//www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.25177ec61aed2bd3050d3e2b8bda84d2.311&show_article=1

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This man is for freedom of speech and freedom of information. He believes in it so much that he is willing to put his life on the line. He doing a lot more than most of us and our government leaders. He is paying the price too. I salute him. In my eyes he is a hero.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join