It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Turkey Allowed Weapons Flow to Al-Qaeda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

point taken, but i truly don't see why the leak could not be credible.

if there are truly individuals within the upper echoelons of our gov't that have seen enough lies, or maybe they know of the next possible 9-11, and it's 10 times worse, maybe, just maybe they are doing everything within their power to expose this, while also attempting to keep them and their families alive.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
reply to post by oozyism

point taken, but i truly don't see why the leak could not be credible.

if there are truly individuals within the upper echoelons of our gov't that have seen enough lies, or maybe they know of the next possible 9-11, and it's 10 times worse, maybe, just maybe they are doing everything within their power to expose this, while also attempting to keep them and their families alive.

Not really, it looks like they haven't tried hard enough.

Non of the leaks provided any new information, it convinced some brainwashed minds that the mis-management of Iraq and Afghanistan after the invasion/occupation was not America's fault, it points all the fingers at everyone else.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

" Actually he is only guilty of being told exactly what to do by his branch commander of his group of "operatives". "

So , you are of the Opinion that this was a Staged Leak ? ...........Hmm.......I Dunno.......

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

So in other words.. your opinions are the only ones that are "likely".. I get it.

This is not the movies.. files are leaked everyday.. be it government, industrial or just plain old dirty emails from hacked accounts.

Saying that something is impossible because of "the might of a whole nation" is a little much.. the pen will always be mightier than the sword. Why do you think they are doing preemptive damage control?

No, you can hold on to your own opinion, but your opinion holds no weight, and I provided enough information to prove it doesn't hold any weight.

Do you know how powerful the US government is?

Do you know what they do to those who leak files? They lock them up, for a long long time, to make them examples for others.

Let's discuss how hard it is to find someone who leaks Government secret reports and files.

If you can prove it is easy to get away for leaking government files, then your opinion will gain some weight.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Not really, it looks like they haven't tried hard enough.

Non of the leaks provided any new information, it convinced some brainwashed minds that the mis-management of Iraq and Afghanistan after the invasion/occupation was not America's fault, it points all the fingers at everyone else.

You clearly did not read any of the wikileak Iraq files then... they did nothing to show " the invasion/occupation was not America's fault".

If anything they show negligence by the American government concerning the ongoing activities in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
[
So , you are of the Opinion that this was a Staged Leak ? ...........Hmm.......I Dunno.......

Now what ever gave you that impression ?

Sure, low level staffers walk out with oodles of secrets and gigabytes of encrypted data every day and send it anonymously to wikileaks and are never caught.

Manning must have been a rare anomaly.

It isn't what I know or how I know it that should scare you, it is what you think I think I know that should.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Do you know what they do to those who leak files?

Let's discuss how hard it is to find someone who leaks Government secret reports and files.

If you can prove it is easy to get away for leaking government files, then your opinion will gain some weight.

Sure Assange and Wikleaks... been doing it for sometime now and it has not stopped yet.

None of your statements has more weight than anybody else on these forums discussing this situation.. it is just your opinion like everyone else.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Sure Assange and Wikleaks... been doing it for sometime now and it has not stopped yet.

None of your statements has more weight than anybody else on these forums discussing this situation.. it is just your opinion like everyone else.

Assange and Wikileaks didn't leak these files, someone from the inside just sent the files to them.

Get it?

One person was arrested, remember?

I think he is locked up now

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You did not ask where they originated from.

And that whole discussion is moot.. documents have been leaked to other countries for years... yes most of them get caught, but do you truly believe ALL of them are ALWAYS caught? That is laughable.

NO security is perfect.. none.. never.. even the big bad U.S. security.

You cant prove its not easy to leak files.. for you only hear about the ones that are caught.... so if one uses the same tactic as you, your opinion holds no weight. See how that works?
edit on 26-11-2010 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You clearly did not read any of the wikileak Iraq files then... they did nothing to show " the invasion/occupation was not America's fault".

If anything they show negligence by the American government concerning the ongoing activities in Iraq.

Not really, it blamed everything on Iran and Pakistan.

What negligence are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The TRUTH Must Always be Guarded by a Bodyguard of Lies Eh Winston ? ..........

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Go read the files... if you want to argue about something you have apparently not even read or looked at with more than a glance.. then you are wasting both of our times.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

You did not ask where they originated from.

And that whole discussion is moot.. documents have been leaked to other countries for years... yes most of them get caught, but do you truly believe ALL of them are ALWAYS caught? That is laughable.

NO security is perfect.. none.. never.. even the big bad U.S. security.

You cant prove its not easy to leak files.. for you only hear about the ones that are caught.... so if one uses the same tactic as you, your opinion holds no weight. See how that works?

Don't try to divert, stay focused.

US has laws against leaks which can imprison you for a long time.

The US government has one of the best organizational skills around, and that organization tracks, who reads which files, when they read it, where they ready, why they read it.

They also track the use of USB chips and hundreds of more security measures to 1. stop the files falling in the wrong hands. 2. to make it immensely easy for those who leak files to get caught... Blablablabla, it just isn't possible mate, you will get tracked faster than you can say Central Intelligence Agency 20 times.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Go read the files... if you want to argue about something you have apparently not even read or looked at with more than a glance.. then you are wasting both of our times.

I never made the claim.

Those who make claims hold the burden of proof.

Stop the negligence please.
edit on 26-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Of truth and lies the lesser evil must be Guarded and defended by a guardian of neither.

-- Me

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Of truth and lies the lesser evil must be Guarded and defended by a guardian of neither.

-- Me

That is a Profound statement . My Brain hurt trying to Comprehend it .............

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I never made the claim.

Those who make claims hold the burden of proof.

Stop the negligence please.

Because I am not going to list all the acts of negligence.. (since it would take more time than i care to type tonight) here is a good small synopsis for you...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Now, tell me how any of that takes blame away from the U.S. like you claimed the Iraq documents did in an earlier post in this thread.

No claims.. just facts.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Because I am not going to list all the acts of negligence.. (since it would take more time than i care to type tonight) here is a good small synopsis for you...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Now, tell me how any of that takes blame away from the U.S. like you claimed the Iraq documents did in an earlier post in this thread.

No claims.. just facts.

You think ignoring torture is big?

It actually points the fingers at the Iraqi government lol, which is a pro-Iranian government coincidentally

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You don't think torture is big? Then I have definitely wasted my time with you.

Yet we are running the war.. we are training those iraqi soldiers... the whole point of that part is that we are overseeing it and letting it happen.. guilty by association.

Keep reading... plenty that the U.S. did.

I am showing my "burden of proof".

Still waiting on yours that it is a dis-info campaign. Other than feelings and opinions.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

You don't think torture is big? Then I have definitely wasted my time with you.

Yet we are running the war.. we are training those iraqi soldiers... the whole point of that part is that we are overseeing it and letting it happen.. guilty by association.

Keep reading... plenty that the U.S. did.

I am showing my "burden of proof".

Still waiting on yours that it is a dis-info campaign. Other than feelings and opinions.

Stop changing the subject.

We were talking about Wikileaks pointing the fingers at others.

How does torture neglect point the finger at US? That isn't that much of a big charge at all, and the charge can easily be defended by bringing forward incidents where US soldiers did step in and stop torture.

Doesn't it point the finger at the Iraqi government which is DUUUH pro Iranian? Because the Iraqi government was the one who tortured them?

Here is the charges:

US authorities failed to investigate hundreds of reports of abuse, torture, rape and even murder by Iraqi police and soldiers whose conduct appears to be systematic and normally unpunished.

That is not a big deal, and can easily be defended. That doesn't point the finger at all to US, and also this is not a new info, we all knew US sent prisoners to proxy state to be torture extensively.

This points the finger at the Iraqi government, for torturing, allowing torture, and not investigating and resolving these torture cases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join