It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does an OLD Map make a YOUNG Earth? Or did Aliens help with the drawing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Does an OLD Map make a YOUNG Earth? Or did Aliens help with the drawing?

The Background:
In 1929 a unique map was uncovered written on Gazelle Skin. Dating research determined it to be over 400 years old at that time. A Turkish Naval Officer named Piri Reis who liked to draw had access to the original Library of Constantinople and other sources that were very old, even back to 400BC. His commentary indicates that some of his source maps were from the time of Alexander the Great (332 B.C.).

The Map:

en.wikipedia.org...

It shows an aerial-perspective, very-detailed-scaled-layouts of three major continents…South America’s East Coast, Africa’s West Coast and something very mysterious…the Northern Coast of Antarctica….IN 1513…in great detail. It is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice. (Supposed) Geological evidence confirms that the latest date Queen Maud Land could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC.

The Implications:
(Supposed) science has been saying all along that the ice-cap which covers the Antarctic is millions of years old….lol….the map clearly shows that the northern part of that continent has been mapped before the ice did covered it. That means it had to be mapped millions of years ago…by aliens right? Some “scientists” say the last period of ice-free condition in the Antarctic ended about 6000 years ago. There are still doubts about that, too.

The questions:

Who mapped the Queen Maud Land of Antarctic?

When was it mapped? And how in such great detail?

Maybe by an unknown civilization? Or Aliens helped?

Or maybe science got the ice date wrong again and there wasn’t ice there then?

If ice wasn’t there what are the implications to earth’s age?

Supplement/More: nabataea.net...

This is the only fragment that is still in existence today. Notice what appears to be Arab dhows sailing in the Atlantic, along the South American coast, and near Antarctica. An inscription near Antarctica describes night as "two hours" long," which certainly does suggest Antarctic latitudes.

Also notice that the map clearly shows mountains in the interior of South America, something even the Portuguese had not discovered by 1513. Some have suggested that the animals portrayed in the mountains are llamas, even though they appear to have horns, and amazingly enough, a note says "The gold mines are endless. Did the map makers know of the gold in Peru? (To see a larger copy of the PiriRe'is Map click here (Piri Re'is Map) To learn more of Ottoman Maps click here.

edit on 25-11-2010 by OldThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Since the Antarctic continent was not officially sighted until 1820[citation needed] and its full coastline was not known until much later; this claim, if true, would require major revisions to the history of exploration, settlement, evolution, and technological advancements of the time.

Source: World Mysteries - Strange Artifacts - Piri Reis Map

Any other implications?

OT

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Here we go again, you do accept that the Young Earth theory is factually wrong right? is this to go the same way as your Tree thread went? because if so I'm going to grab the popcorn and see you dodge more bullets.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

double.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

There are many implications (or at least Questions) from the content in the OP...you are welcome to join...much more in there the a young earth The thought og ancient civilizations is intriquing wouldn't you say?

Had you heard of this map?

OT

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29

double.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

"How long does it take ice to form and melt?"

"100,000 years
O?"

I started with a warm average ocean temperature of 86°F (30°C) right after the Flood. This temperature was chosen because all the heat inputs during the Flood would have been tremendous, but marine organisms still survived. The water must have been quite warm, but not too hot for life. Since the average ocean temperature today is about 39°F (4°C) and there are no ice sheets, except on Antarctica and Greenland, the threshold temperature when glacial maximum was reached would be warmer than today. I estimated an average ocean temperature of 50°F (10°C) when the Ice Age peaked. This represents an oceanic cooling of 36°F (20°C). Plugging in maximum and minimum estimates of the variables into the ocean cooling equation, I calculated a minimum cooling time of 174 years and a maximum time of 1,765 years. Using values in the mid range of the variables, I ended up with about 500 years to reach glacial maximum. Figure 9.1 shows a graph of the change in ocean temperature with time since the Flood in relationship to Ice Age events. Regardless of whether minimum or maximum values are used in the equation, the ice sheets develop in a very short time compared to the uniformitarian estimate of around 100,000 years.

Source: Ice Age Caused by the Genesis Flood (An)
Technical by Michael Oard on

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

There's several theories around that Atlantis was located in the antarctic. They've had boats since Ancient Greece. Is it really hard to believe they decided to sail south?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29

Here we go again, you do accept that the Young Earth theory is factually wrong right? is this to go the same way as your Tree thread went?

The tree thread wasn't my best work

But at least I got some discussion going

It appears the "skeptics" have Wednesday-night (pre-thx-gvg) hangover...or maybe OT's stumped um' this time

Crutchley29, btw....I have quite a few threads better (much better) than the tree....and if thisd one ends up short, hopefully that means I'm on to something...unlike my advaseries....I don't know "everything" and there is only one I'm confident in

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I've seen this years ago. Clearly you would have to have had an arial perspective to have drawn such details...Theres always going to be a skeptic there to debate the color of the sky. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. If it looks like an alien map thats because it probably is!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374

There's several theories around that Atlantis was located in the antarctic. They've had boats since Ancient Greece. Is it really hard to believe they decided to sail south?

Thx ghost, what specifically are you saying here?

OT

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hybridkate
I've seen this years ago. Clearly you would have to have had an arial perspective to have drawn such details...Theres always going to be a skeptic there to debate the color of the sky. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. If it looks like an alien map thats because it probably is!

And................there was no ice right?

Nice post

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by Crutchley29

Had you heard of this map?

Well it's not exactly a new map is it? lol

Joking aside, I do think that it's likely the ancients had the ways and means to do this, whether by aerial means or by advanced geological understanding. I do believe that there were advanced civilizations far further back in time than common theories would have us believe. There's lots of conspiracy theories surrounding subjects like this, helped along by the fact that a lot of recent archaeology becomes shrouded from the public.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Did you read the whole of the article you posted?

Gregory McIntosh and other cartographers and historians who have examined the map in detail believe the resemblance of the coastline to the actual coast of Antarctica to be tenuous. For centuries before the actual discovery of Antarctica, cartographers had been depicting a massive southern landmass on global maps based on the theoretical assumption by some that one must exist,

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Iam'___'

Ian'___', Good one, funny

So you think they we were given flight-assistance by someone to get this detail? And they "helped" us draw a map? Is there other supporting evidence you have for this theory? Thanks for stopping by and welcome to ATS!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thank you for that, yes this is a debated item...here's some more info for the discussion: www.saudiaramcoworld.com...

In 1954, however, a Harvard-trained teacher of the history of science named Charles Hapgood assigned his class at Keene State College in New Hampshire to the task of examining the Piri Reis map more closely. Starting with little knowledge of the subject - and, says Professor Hapgood emphatically, "no preconceived notions" - he and his students eventually spent seven years on the project. During that time, Hapgood says, "we discarded hundreds of hypotheses" before arriving at those advanced in a book called Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings.

Two years later those hypotheses became unexpectedly famous when they were incorporated in the controversial best-seller Chariots of the Gods. Written by Erich von Daniken, Chariots went into at least 18 English editions and was translated into numerous other languages. Presented as fact, and written in a pseudo-scientific tone, Chariots described and briefly examined what the author called "the unsolved mysteries of the past." Among the "unsolved mysteries," von Daniken said, was the appearance on the Piri Reis map of information that 16th-century cartographers could not possibly have known. Citing Hapgood, von Daniken said that the map showed the coast of Antarctica, not discovered for centuries afterward, and certain mountains in Antarctica that were not discovered until modern sonar made it possible to locate them beneath the ice cap.

For the author - if not for his legions of critics - it was obvious how Piri Reis got such information: astronauts from another planet had provided it on maps. The astronauts, he claimed, had made numerous appearances on earth before and during the period of recorded history, and left traces all over the world.

Certainly a myriad of opinions concerning the map.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The only evidence that I know of is the likes of the vimanas, flying machines from ancient stories of ancient stories from India, or that of the Sumerian texts. These stories tell of gods or aliens in flying machines but this could easily be interpreted as humans with an advanced technology, which after many millennia and a deterioration in civilization could be promoted to gods as the technology became inconceivable to the then current authors.

And not forgetting the Incas of coarse,here's an interesting ATS thread that was posted in the last few hours:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-11-2010 by Iam'___' because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iam'___'

The only evidence that I know of is the likes of the vimanas, flying machines from ancient stories of ancient stories from India, or that of the Sumerian texts.

Well, I found some mor eon the maps accuracy... paranormal.about.com.../XJ&zTi=1&sdn=paranormal&cdn=newsissues&tm=200&gps=82_4884_1259_832&f=00&tt=14&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.vie wzone.com/pirireis.html

Other Unusual Findings:

Scrutiny of the map shows that the makers knew the acurate circumference of the Earth to within 50 miles.

The "center" of the source map projected from coordinates in what is now Alexandria - the center of culture and home of the world's oldest and largest library until its destruction by Christian invaders.

The coastline and island that are shown in Antarctica must have been navigated at some period prior to 4,000 B.C. when these areas were free of ice from the last Ice Age.

Very interesting for sure!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There was a civilized world before the Biblical Flood, and this civilization was apparently a global threat, as God decided to destroy all life on Earth. So if it was a global threat it means it had global activities, it was globally interconnected, and it is very likely that maps like the "Piri reis" map are leftovers of that age, a copy of copies.
Even today, one can see many similarities between the Mayas, Incas, Olmeks and Tolteks in the American continent, and ancient Egypt in Africa, or Angkor in Cambodia, or the ancient ziggurats in Irak and Iran. How was it possible to build the Gizeh pyramides oriented to face the four cardinal directions: true north, south, east, and west, without knowing that the Earth is a sphere ? Or how could one have built most ancient pyramids on Earth without being aware of the value of "pi" which was built into the Great Pyramid of Giza, hundreds of years before the Greeks allegedly discovered it ? etc etc etc etc

edit on 25-11-2010 by Lusitaniax because: format text

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here's a good copy of the map....I'm going to try and imbedd it....here is the link if I can't. Could someone that knows how to do it, please hhelp the ole guy out. Thank you..

paranormal.about.com.../XJ&zTi=1&sdn=paranormal&cdn=newsissues&tm=200&gps=82_4884_1259_832&f=00&tt=14&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.vie wzone.com/pirireis.html

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iam'___'

And not forgetting the Incas of coarse,here's an interesting ATS thread that was posted in the last few hours:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-11-2010 by Iam'___' because: (no reason given)

A few week ago I saw a show where they biult one of those to print and it flew nicely....thx for the link.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join