It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korean defense minister resigns; North threatens additional attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

S. Korean defense minister resigns; North threatens additional attacks

www.cnn.com

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- South Korean Defense Minister Kim Tae-young resigned Thursday, according to the South Korean presidency, two days after North Korea shelling left four South Koreans dead.

"The president has just accepted the defense minister's resignation," according to a spokesman for the Presidential Blue House.

Kim, a former general, came under heavy criticism after the March sinking of the South Korean war ship Cheonan and again after North Korea struck the South's Yeonpyeong Island on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This screams to me that military action is on the way from the south. The defense minister has been criticized repeatedly for not counter-attacking the North.

He WILL be replaced by someone who will be more aggressive in the matter, as that is what citizens and lawmakers are begging for.

Hold on to your hats. Things are going to get even more tense over there very soon.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Interesting spin....

Your source

Kim actually submitted his resignation May 1, after the Cheonan incident, said the Blue House spokesman, but it was not accepted until Thursday because of the Cheonan aftermath and other military-related issues.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Interesting spin....

Your source

Kim actually submitted his resignation May 1, after the Cheonan incident, said the Blue House spokesman, but it was not accepted until Thursday because of the Cheonan aftermath and other military-related issues.

Your point? He tried to resign and it was not accepted, and now all of a sudden they are pushing him out the door. Why would that be?

Also, what exactly am I spinning by stating something as my opinion? Do you have the ability to respond to a thread without making it personal?

edit on 25-11-2010 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

S&F, although i'm afraid I beat you to the puch

abovetopsecret.com...

I wish you better luck than mine faired

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

There sure are a couple people on here who are quite good at destroying threads with incessant deflecting, arent there?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
One reason for a resignation... He doesn't want to go to war, knowing they fired the first shots...

so the South Korean President, being pressured by the Western World will find someone else that is willing to declare war to raise the Dollar and Euro...

ect...

Fox...

All theory of course.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

sure are!

You two are at it on this thread and mine!

it never ends

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

top topics

join