It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amsterdam UFO Amazing Daylight Photo - Please debunk.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

This photo was taken in early Nov 2010 in the heart of Amsterdam on a Nokia E71 phone.

The photo has not been tampered with.

Please blow u this image. In photoshop it does not appear to be a glitch or digital artifact.

I did not see the ufo when I took the photo and preceding and following photos do not have any similar defects.

It is a mystery and I welcome opinions.

THere is a clearly defined transparent bulb under the craft, it appears similar to other classic crafts photographed before.

Thanks.

Mod edit: external image tag corrected,
edit on 25/11/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

if you didn`t see the object when you took the photo then what were you trying to take a picture of?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's a balloon. Look closely at the bottom. You can see the string.wires hanging off of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Can you show before and after pics to see if the phone has taken a pic of dirt or bugs? PS: thanks for the pic of the street in your city.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The reason you didn't notice the craft when you took the picture is that it wasn't there.
It is a small drop of water on your lens.
This I gather from the following observations:
The rest of the picture is slightly shaken, but the "craft" seems to be pretty sharp - Therefore I conclude that it must have moved very precisely along with the camera.
The white "bulb" in the bottom of the "craft" is also easily explained, as a drop of water refracts light that passes through it so you get an upside/down version of your image seen through the drop.
This means that the drop will show the sky in the bottom and the city in the top.

(I am, and have been working in the photography, video and cg industry for the last 10 years)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Are you serious? That's one of the craft the The fantastic four use for transportation. If you don't see anyone driving it is because the invisible woman is operating the craft.
1.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 11/11/2010 by thegrayone because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/11/2010 by thegrayone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
I did not see the ufo when I took the photo and preceding and following photos do not have any similar defects.

Can we see the preceeding and following photo for context? Thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jubjub

Fair judgement. It may be a water droplet. Although I don't think there was water around. The phone was my top pocket.

It was my first trip to the city and I took hundreds of random shots. I have no idea what i was taking a picture of.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
A drop of water? If you zoom in you will see that it has the same characteristics as the rest of the buildings near by. The "shake" or "double" image that it seems on the building is also present on the object in question. The bottom of the object looks to me as a "glass" material not a balloon string as suggested.

When I said "glass", I meant "transparent feature"....just to be clear!
edit on 25-11-2010 by TheEnlightenedOne because: To be more specific

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
reply to post by Jubjub

Fair judgement. It may be a water droplet. Although I don't think there was water around. The phone was my top pocket.

It was my first trip to the city and I took hundreds of random shots. I have no idea what i was taking a picture of.

Oh, I don't mean a drop of rainwater

The lens on that thing is so small that it would be enough if somebody coughed or sneezed somewhere near the phone and a water-particle/drop hit the lens.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is the corniest answer ever but this actually IS a street light

Heres one from the same street on google maps

edit on 25-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
OK, I am not sure this is a balloon anymore, but am still sure it isn't anything extraterrestrial. Here is a blown up version of the object with enhanced mid-tones and contrast:

If it is aliens, they are gonna have a hell of a time landing with a glass dome on the bottom of the craft.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Looking at my blowup above, a street light is exactly what it looks like.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I can't get the link to work but type magna plaza into google maps and the road has dozens of them

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Its a light hanging from a wire stretched across the street.

EDIT:

Oops, Dave's faster then me.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think the picture is Digital manipulated. The only thing that bothers me is where are the Street lights.

Here are some pics

I will try to find more pics. But in that area Magna Plaza has many Street-lights.

Peace

Edit : Oops someone was faster

edit on 25-11-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I love how people read threads around here

Looks like case closed

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reminds me a lot the Sikorsky Cypher.

Sikorsky Cypher wiki

~winter~

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I agree. I thought it loked like a street light but I could find no evidence of a cable. Excellent debunking. That was fast. I can sleep tonight. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I was born and I have lived in the Netherlands for 38 years until 2008 (Im in Portugal now). In the summer of 2007 I saw something very similar in the sky above Amstelveen (very near the Augustinuspark). I posted something about it on ATS at that time, under a username that I never used again. First it looked like a party or fair balloon, but it kept moving in precisely the same direction (towards me), and it kept precisely the same altitude wich I estimate at maybe 100 meters (+-300 feet). As it got closer, when it was above me (slightly to my right side), it looked like a perfect metal sphere, and the left side of the sphere was pulsating slowly. I still do not understand how it could pulsate, it looked like metal so how can metal pulsate ? How can something with a metallic appearance pulsate !? It was definitely something that I had never seen before, and it was definitely an unknown technology, no doubt about it. It kept moving in the same direction, and at the same altitude until I could not see it anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join