It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one attempt to photograph the so called Planet X?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but my question really has to do with technology and equipment more than anything, so I decided to post here where hopefully some amateur astronomers or astrophotographers hang out.

I've been hearing about doomsday theories on Planet X for years. I never put much thought into it but as of recently I see nasa is talking about 'nemesis', other solar bodies are warming up, and Pluto, even though it is moving away from the sun, seems to be warming up. I will at least follow the news from now on, I suppose, just in case.

Many people make big claims of being able to see it near the sun, on the left side I believe. Some people claim to have taken photos of it.

My two part question is, are there real amateur astronomers out there attempting to find this spot in the sky with some advanced equipment, and what are their findings? Also, if one wanted to prove to himself that the object is really there, or not there, what kind of camera, lens, filter, etc. would you need in order to photograph this object? Forgive me for sounding so ignorant, but can you point a digital SLR directly towards the sun? Would you need a telescope and an adapter for a camera?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
1. yes and none

2. you cant photograph something that is not there

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but my question really has to do with technology and equipment more than anything, so I decided to post here where hopefully some amateur astronomers or astrophotographers hang out.

I've been hearing about doomsday theories on Planet X for years. I never put much thought into it but as of recently I see nasa is talking about 'nemesis', other solar bodies are warming up, and Pluto, even though it is moving away from the sun, seems to be warming up. I will at least follow the news from now on, I suppose, just in case.

Many people make big claims of being able to see it near the sun, on the left side I believe. Some people claim to have taken photos of it.

My two part question is, are there real amateur astronomers out there attempting to find this spot in the sky with some advanced equipment, and what are their findings? Also, if one wanted to prove to himself that the object is really there, or not there, what kind of camera, lens, filter, etc. would you need in order to photograph this object? Forgive me for sounding so ignorant, but can you point a digital SLR directly towards the sun? Would you need a telescope and an adapter for a camera?

My answer is simple.

It does not exist.

Don't you think, with all the advanced telescopes detecting multiple spectrum's we would not already know about this so called Planet-X?...I guess the truth is being kept from us! It must be the reptilians! they conspire to blind us! we must revolt!

But seriously. It does not exist. Your better diverting your attention to conspiracies or mysteries with a little more substance.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm just hypothesizing but what if? the reason for Uranus's weird axis is Nibiru, an extra solar body (approximate size of Mar's) that careered through our solar system. Impacting Uranus and knocking it off axis, this in turn slowed 'Nibiru/planet x' to a point where it settled in direct opposite orbit from Earth at roughly the same distance from the Sun.

Obviously the only people able to see this would be prevailing space agencies. The question would be, how much of a risk is a celestial body in this area and why would it be kept secret.

Just a thought/musing, I have no evidence or astronomical knowledge to qualify this.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You can't conclusively tell me that there is nothing out there when NASA is looking for what they themselves have termed 'Nemesis'. Whether it's a binary twin star or what, the theory is real and evidently plausible according to NASA and MIT scientists.

So, let me approach this in a different way. Hypothetically, -WHAT IF- there was an object close to the sun? What kind of camera and filter, or additional equipment would be used in order to view and photograph such an object? Let's say I'm developing a video game and my video game scientist finds a planet within close proximity to the sun, from our perspective (which is of course fantasy in the real world), and needs to view the object in question for one of the dramatic cut scenes that will introduce the threat to the viewing audience. In order to make it seem like less of a fantasy (in order to immerse the viewer) and more real, the artist uses real equipment as a reference, brand names and all (of which the manufacturers have expressed their consent in doing). What real world equipment would be sufficient for viewing such an event, a -fantasy- event, IF it were true? Keep in mind the devs are in a deal with the manufacturers where at some point the camera zooms in or past the equipment, showing what kind of technical equipment is being used, what brand it is, and whether it's a camera, telescope, filter, all of them combined, or something else entirely. What would it be? By the way, Planet X would be a great movie idea too.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

The ways most believers do this are extremely simple:

During the day, especially ones with scattered cirrus clouds and airplane contrails, point your camera in the direction of the sun and take several varying exposures. (DO NOT point it directly at the sun - it can damage the optics or your eyes!)

During the night, find a bright planet or star, or better yet TWO close to each other, then focus on the brightest, then back off the focus and snap. If you cannot vary your camera's focus, then adjust the magnification for the most close-up shot, then take several more as you reduce the magnification.

Once you have several exposures under either option, post the ones with the most diffuse objects on youtube or directly to ATS.

You will soon be famous and a valuable contributor to the body of "proof" of Nibiru, Planet X, Eris, Sackcloth, Nemesis AND alien life!

Good luck. See you soon.

join