It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is driving me insane !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i really really need help with this......
for some reason when i was about 9 or 10 i developed this intense fear of flying in aircrafts...
and its deepened and gotten so bad... im dreading going on holiday this summer.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS SO ANNOYING
last summer i was crying my eyes out when we took off certain we were gonna die
no matter how much people convince me 'it's safer than driving' IT DOESNT MATTER ... IT IS THOUSANDS OF FEET IN THE SKY thats not natural!!!! and the other day i watched Fight Club again after 4 yrs since i last saw it or sumthin and brad pitt says something referring to how planes aren't safe and how the oxygen is to get you high so you can accept your fate
I DONT EVEN WANNA THINK ABOUT IT
help:bnghd:

[edit on 24-2-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That's a tough one. I know how you must be feeling now. I used to fear spiders in the same way. I'm over it but I remember the dread. Are there other options to flying? If not, I'm not a proponent of this, but maybe hypnosis? BTW, I love flying. What ever you do, good luck. I'm sure there are other members here that can help you better.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Go to see one of those seminars they have to overcome your fears of flying...they really are much safer than cars. Fall asleep on the plane...you wont even know you were on one if your asleep...

Remember...Its just a 20 Ton Steal Tube flying through the air at 500mph with flimsy wings full of fuel and flaming engines attached to them, on the sides holding you up...it cant hurt you....

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i know ur only tryin to help.. but really .. not funny
there are alternative but my mum keeps laughing at me she doesnt understand... lol
that sounded funny

does anyone here know about planes? i need reassurance.

by the way.. i once got off a plane because of this (it was a 10 seater) and sat on the runway refusing to get on.. they made me get back on!! the rascals! iv never been so scared.
my dads girlfriend said i should see Paul McKenna (famous hypnotist)
i saw him on tv cure a guy of fear of flying and then he could fly a helicopter!!!
but it would cost sooo much...
brrrrrrr i hate it

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
First off, what type of craft will you be using?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
just a regular plane...
i dont know!
my dads going to spain soon and wants me to fly out alone to stay with him... how on earth...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't know enough about planes to reassure you, except that I have been on a lot and I am still here typing. I can, however, help with information on the odds. Here is a link that I always find amusing and reassuring. Planes are good, but if you want safe travel, stick to streetcars.
Odds of Dying

May fortune shine upon you.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A "plane" is propelled by, well, propellers, jets by turbines. They are different, so in order to give you the info you need, I have to know which it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
thanks
oh ok.. ummm those jumbo ones
hehe
sorry not much help
the normal ones u fly on!
with economy,business and first class
two wings
white
lol

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
oh my god spectre that website u gave me isnt good! it says dying in a plane is quite common jesus christ...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The first time I ever flew was on Tarom, the Romanian airline.
I was sitting reading the newspaper at about 32,000ft when I turned the page and saw a list of 'The worlds worst airlines'. Air India was top spot. Tarom was number 2. Now that was really reassuring.

Eventually we landed in Costanza to see Anti-Aircraft batteries aiming at the runway. (I'll save my getting pulled up by an AK47 weilding cop for another thread
)

Actually, I enjoy flying, although I have to admit to a little tension when I flew back to the US with KayEm. At the end of the flight, the plane went along the Willammette river and I was almost certain the pilot was ditching. (When I last flew to the US it was dark when I got into Portland so I didn't see the flightpath). All was well though and Pisky didn't get a drenching in the river.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Cool, these craft are extemely safe, when maintained properly. When you hear about a crash, it's probably from a country that doesn't have the strict regulations that we have. They have back-up systems to back-up the back-up systems. These redundant systems ensure that if something should go wrong, the is a system in place to continue on without incident. The cabin is not nearly as cramped as a "plane", you can move around and stretch. Lastly, don't let Hollywood movies guide your fears. They make things suspenseful to sell tickets, that isn't real. If I left anything out, just say so.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyk
oh my god spectre that website u gave me isnt good! it says dying in a plane is quite common jesus christ...

Oh, man. Sorry it came off like that. I certainly didn't mean it that way. Just compare the chances you take riding in a car versus flying and it will seem REALLY safe! I am always more worried about the ride to the airport than the flight.

edit: this would be more believable if you had seen my wife drive!

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
its cool
thanks
its weird though i was watchin Airport the other day (sad i know) and they had a problem with an aircraft one of the engines did sumthin weird so they had to land and fix it...
that doesnt sound like a back up or a back up to me!
maybe im just going crazy

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Like I said, that's Hollywood, not real life. Back in the 70's they had all these "disaster" movies. Wouldn't be much of a disaster if they had a problem and just switched to a back-up. No one would go to see that.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
nah sorry i didnt explain
Airport is like a series that shows the happenings of an airport from annoying passengers to things like that
stress...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, seem you are focussing on only bad things. I assume that show shows you the 1 bad incident out of 800 things that happened that week without a problem. Only way to get ratings. If you only focus on what "could" happen, it take the joy out of life.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
if only it were that easy to cure phobias...
thanks for your advice though

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyk
if only it were that easy to cure phobias...
thanks for your advice though

The only way to cure a phobia is to confront it. Like I said, I felt the same fear with spiders. I finally had enough of this and went to a pet store. A friend worked there so I had help, if needed. I let a tarantula walk on my hand.
Worked down to the little spiders. Now, I don't like them but I don't jump through the ceiling when I see one. This trip might allow you to confront this. Grab ahold of this opporunity, it may be the best thing to happen to you.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have never been afraid of flying until I flew. Know I am a Vet. The hardest parts to get over, is the take off, and the hard turns. The take off now is the best part. I didnt like seeing the ground leaving, and the pull of the jets. Now I love the pull. You will be fine. Make a game of it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join