It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kiwi refuses 'naked' body scan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Kiwi refuses 'naked' body scan

www.stuff.co.nz

A New Zealander who was held up at Heathrow Airport for a day after refusing to get a body scan is returning home after being put onto another flight.

In New Zealand the body scanners are prohibited under the Aviation Crimes Act.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Good to know the use of these scanners is illegal in NZ.

I was wondering what other countries outside of US are or have implemented these, which airports and how the security staff respond to travelers who opt out.

Is the opt out an option?

International travelers to NZ won't be x-rayed. Border security are quite polite in my experience and they are more interested in stopping people smuggling dodgy food items into NZ.

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-11-2010 by remrem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I thought the only scanner in the UK was in Manchester??

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

the is a pdf from the eu commission on the use of scanners at airports within the eu.
google european commission COM(2010)311/4 for further info.
f

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
I thought the only scanner in the UK was in Manchester??

Nope, thet're all over.

First a sucker from the Middle East gets offered a job as a drug-mule, little knowing it's something that could almost, vaguely, be classed as "explosives" being taped to his leg.
Then he gets "caught" and thus the case for scanner sales to Heathrow is manufactured.

London's Heathrow airport deploys body scanners

LONDON | Mon Feb 1, 2010 1:31pm EST

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain introduced body scanners at Heathrow airport Monday, a measure rushed in after a failed attempt by a Muslim extremist with explosives strapped to his leg to bomb a U.S.-bound passenger plane from Amsterdam.

And before long, the "trustworthy security staff" are perving at the scans, getting off on seeing their co-workers knickers.

Heathrow worker warned over body scanner misuse

A Heathrow Airport security guard was given a police warning after he was allegedly caught staring at images of a female colleague in a body scanner.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

I went through Heathrow last month and they didn't have them

It was just the standard, take your keys out of your pocket and walk through a metal detector

Edit
From re-reading, you only get scanned if they randomly select you, still I didn't see anything that looked like a scanner around
edit on 26-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by remrem

Heathrow airport is one of the most obsessed with security airports in teh world. Have not been there for years, but would this surprise anyone.

What normally happens in usa is happening in uk.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Kiwi birds are a protected species! They should stay in New Zealand and not be doing trips to England! Who cares if they don't want to go through body scanners? Who gave the kiwi an exit visa in the first place?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Don't touch my Kiwi's, mate!

Question, how does the law in NZ apply to airport security in England? Not sure why that was mentioned in the article.

top topics

join