It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan: Turkey will not remain silent if Israel attacks Lebanon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStarRise
reply to post by intrepid

Yeah - I know. End of discussion. You are right. We all need to be "educated" as if we are stupid. There is not debating with your propaganda and public relations talking points.

Again you have no idea what you're talking about. No propaganda here. I doubt you will find another member here as critical about the Knesset and/or Zionist agenda. The thing is that that is NOT the Jewish people.

There is no sense in it. Sorta like talking to a wall.

Tell me about it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

i know your perspective....its the one sided zionist propaganda they force feed you in that state.

What gave it away? The fact I'm offended by the trash talk, or the fact I believe an Israeli attack on Lebanon is politically impossible?

No, you don't know that for a fact. It is *your* hateful, one sided anti-Zionist propaganda that makes you assume that. Just makes it that much easier for you to debate whatever delusional idea you have in your head.

Give me a break, you're all acting like a bunch of school kids. This is no more than a popularity contest.

If this was a collage debate most posters would have been kicked out of the room for this kind of talk.

Judging by Israel's past actions and bahaviour, a rabid dog could be trusted more than Israel could. Say what you beleive, but your States actions speak for themselves.

Please, enlighten me, which actions? The second Lebanon war? The Cast Lead operation? The Six Day war?

What makes you think Israel is some kind of war hungry nation that needs no reason to start wars?

There are no examples. There is no reason for Israel to attack Lebanon. Even if Hezbollah takes over Lebanon, Israel would not attack unless attacked first.

Don't waste your breath. I've realized in my short time on this otherwise fascinating site that when it comes to middle east politics, false propaganda usually rules the day.

Anyone that actually takes the time to research the documented history of conflict in that region would quickly realize that Israel has always acted in self defense. Unfortunately, innocent women and children have been caught in the crossfire as a result of the willingness of militants to hide their soldiers and weapons in civilian homes and use them as shields, which of course plays right into the hands of the anti-Israeli propagandists. The world at large then views Israel as a terrorist regime that commits war crimes.

I have to hand it to them, organizations such as Hamas and Hezbollah are brilliant regarding the art of manipulating public opinion at the cost of the lives of innocent Arab civilians...
edit on 26-11-2010 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Again you have no idea what you're talking about. No propaganda here. I doubt you will find another member here as critical about the Knesset and/or Zionist agenda. The thing is that that is NOT the Jewish people.

Someone who spews Israeli talking points as you do cannot be taken with any credibility. However - you HAVE provided me YOUR OPINION in that you say the problem is NOT the Jewish people.

I disagree completely with YOUR OPINION and see the primary problem IS THE JEWISH PEOPLE as a whole.

Again - having a Jewish centered propagandist telling another adult that ONLY THE JEW CENTRIC position matters just hints at what is a Jewish racist agenda on your part - but who cares.

You just go along and think you can tell educated people that somehow by parroting Jewish public relations talking points is the ticket to your credibility.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Of course! Why is it that every time I see this logic I see some child being patted on the head and told that everything is just as it should be.

Who knows where you get your research from though. Based on your avatar, we can only imagine it comes from some of the deeper recesses of the Jewish cesspool.

Israel is really a whacked world of psychopaths filled with people who take macabre fairy tales and turn them into reality?

Really a strange and dangerous place for ones mental health.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

what? rephase this please

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthStarRise

I don't get it.. And you feel like you're somehow better?

You feel like your words are the truth and everyone else's is just one sided propaganda?

How one sided is that! Have you ever even been to Israel? Have you ever spoken to an Israeli or a Palestinian? And I'm not talking about people of Palestinian or Israeli descent, I'm talking about people currently living in Israel and Palestine.

What makes you think you're better than any of us? What makes you think we're nothing but Israeli PR agents? I live here, for #'s sake, I should be able to care about my country without being called a liar and a PR agent...
edit on 27-11-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

It seems blowing steam and talking crap has become the accepted norm when it comes to Arab leaders- First Ahmadinajad, and now Erdogan..

The norm? And how is that different from your ignorance surrounding Iran and Turkey? In fact, you showed how unknowing you are in the first sentence and I bet you didn't even realized it.

If this was a collage debate most posters would have been kicked out of the room for this kind of talk.

First off, it's college and second, who cares what, children basically, say about issues they have NO clue on? College does not equate to a grand awareness of geopolitical strategies. In fact I would wager that most college attending students know NOTHING on several real issues playing, except for what they've been told by plenty of one sided media.

What makes you think Israel is some kind of war hungry nation that needs no reason to start wars?

You need to READ.

Israel has sent troops and doctors to almost any catastrophe the world has seen:

As if Israel could send that help independant of the US. Right?
How many billions again...? Please do remind me.

The world at large then views Israel as a terrorist regime that commits war crimes.

Could this have to do with the recent exposure of war CRIMES(a wrong anywhere is a wrong) that have been commited on behalf of the Israeli regime? I mean, there are Israeli soldiers who are facing charges/have been charged. That should say enough about the fact that WAR CRIMES have been commited. Even the Israeli government can't deny this in the face of the international community.

Don't try to twist my opinion in an anti-jew thing - that would only show ignorance as I've clearly stated: "A wrong anywhere is a WRONG."

What makes you think you're better than any of us? What makes you think we're nothing but Israeli PR agents? I live here, for #'s sake, I should care about my country..

Well isn't that a question that can be redirected at yourself? What makes you believe that you KNOW everything so much better? Personally, I don't believe much of what you're saying and neither do I believe you are in favour of non-biased historical evidence.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

The norm?

It seems we have come to accept the crazy ramblings of certain Arab leaders. Turkey would never act on its threat in a million years, be it for political reasons, or strategic reasons, etc. No other leader in the world would make these insane delusional threats..
Can you imagine the U.S threatening N. Korea with destroying them if they ever touch S. Korea again?

But when it comes to these people we have become so used to empty threats and words that we're not even paying attention to what they're saying.

And how is that different from your ignorance surrounding Iran and Turkey?

Apart from the fact that they're two completely different things?

In fact, you showed how unknowing you are in the first sentence and I bet you didn't even realized it.

Are you a child? Saying I'm wrong doesn't make me wrong, how 'bout you try disproving something I said?

First off, it's college

Pettiness suits you.

second, who cares what, children basically, say about issues they have NO clue on?

Hehe I was talking about standards of discussion, not the level of knowledge and debate. Figures you'd get it wrong, and at any rate the level of knowledge you're displaying is zero. You keep saying I'm wrong, but not saying why.

You need to READ.

What a surprise, you've dodged another question. Here's another mind blower for you- I do read, now try disproving me instead of cowardly avoiding my questions.

As if Israel could send that help independant of the US. Right? How many billions again...? Please do remind me.

Who cares who payed for it?!
The U.S buys Israel ammo and weapons, it does not train its doctors, nor does it choose where to send its troops.

Could this have to do with the recent exposure of war CRIMES(a wrong anywhere is a wrong) that have been commited on behalf of the Israeli regime?

Wars create war crimes.. The fact that Israel puts its soldiers on trial says something.
At any rate if Israel's a terrorist then the rest of the free world is way ahead of it on the terrorist scale.. Are you even aware of Wikileaks?

Don't try to twist my opinion in an anti-jew thing

Why would I do that?

What makes you believe that you KNOW everything so much better?

I don't believe that. That's probably the main difference between you and I.

Personally, I don't believe much of what you're saying and neither do I believe you are in favour of non-biased historical evidence.

You don't have to believe anything I say.. Just as long as you deploy the same skepticism when you come across arguments from the other side of the fence. Examine the facts, use your judgment, try and get both sides' version of every event. That's called being educated. Otherwise you're just a fanatic.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStarRise
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Of course! Why is it that every time I see this logic I see some child being patted on the head and told that everything is just as it should be.

Who knows where you get your research from though. Based on your avatar, we can only imagine it comes from some of the deeper recesses of the Jewish cesspool.

Israel is really a whacked world of psychopaths filled with people who take macabre fairy tales and turn them into reality?

Really a strange and dangerous place for ones mental health.

Next I'll be accused of pulling the anti Semitic card.
It's futile debating someone with little knowledge and opinions taken strait from the dark ages.

Back to topic, Erdogan sure has some audacity blaming Israel for war mongering, when all he does for the past 2-3 years is exactly that.
Not only that, Turkey somehow manage to hide a big dark Pandora box regarding the Armenians, Kurd, Greeks and even Syria. (drying the Euphrates to Syria and Alexandrette dispute)
Given his Anti Semitic background for which he was imprisoned, and his family's collaboration with the Nazis in the 40's, it shouldn't surprise anyone really.

Being a NATO member, and with his recent activities with the US sworn enemies, he should have gotten a good slap in the butt. Unfortunately, a weakling is present at the White House.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

It seems we have come to accept the crazy ramblings of certain Arab leaders.

Except for the fact that they are not Arab leaders.

Can you imagine the U.S threatening N. Korea with destroying them if they ever touch S. Korea again?

Of course not because the US is done for when you factor China into the equation.

Apart from the fact that they're two completely different things?

Sigh.

Are you a child? Saying I'm wrong doesn't make me wrong, how 'bout you try disproving something I said?

READ HISTORY. They are not Arabs. Dang, you must've thought you were right with me not replying

I don't need to disprove anything because, well, you're really that much off.

Pettiness suits you.

Ad hominems suit you.

Hehe I was talking about standards of discussion, not the level of knowledge and debate. Figures you'd get it wrong, and at any rate the level of knowledge you're displaying is zero. You keep saying I'm wrong, but not saying why.

I didn't say why you were wrong because I was waiting for you to make an ass out of yourself some more. Now that you have I am content.

Who cares who payed for it?!

Durrr...I don't know...perhaps...everybody?

The fact that Israel puts its soldiers on trial says something.

Again you fail to understand that without the international pressure Israel wouldn't do such a thing in a million years.

I don't believe that. That's probably the main difference between you and I.

You believe to know Turks and Iranians are Arabs. And the main difference between me and you is that you are ill informed.

That's called being educated. Otherwise you're just a fanatic.

Often times I wonder if posters like you on ATS are typing into a mirror. Education is a status symbol, though, you can prance your spoiled behind around some more if you wish, see if I care to reply...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Hey, it's your choice, we can have an intelligent debate where we each try an disprove the other's claims in a respectful manner, or we can have this kinder garden level argument where you end every one of your argument with lol.

Your lack of maturity doesn't surprise me thought... How do you even expect me to take someone like you seriously?

Your rhetorics are truly pathetic. Come back when you're ready to talk like a grown up.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You people are reading too much into what Erdogan said. His rhetoric is comparable to what various western leaders have said over Russia and what else not. What Erdogan of course ment was economic repercussions. Turkey was/is traditionally a big trading partner of Israel.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

You have been disproved on what you've said a couple of times by several posters in THIS THREAD.

You can pretend to want a grown up discussion, and even say so, but when you prove to be too thickheaded to READ you're the immature person here, and not me regardless of how hard you yell.

You talk about a 'respectful manner' then claim I'm immature because I use a smiley or three? REALLY? And then you claim that MY rethoric is pathetic...

You better just stop replying until you've done your homework

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

No I haven't..

Look, this is really silly and petty, but for the sake of giving you another chance to show you can discuss things like a grown up I will repeat my points-

Turkey will never attack Israel, both for political reasons (complications with the U.S and Europe) and military reasons (it's too complicated, it doesn't have any bases in Lebanon, a sea attack is too risky, and an air assault over such a distance is also risky), so it's just an empty threat.

Israel has no intentions of attacking Lebanon, nobody's talking about attacking, there's no tension on the border, etc.. Or are you relying on gut feeling now?

People are just using this announcement as an excuse to bash Israel in the most immature and disgraceful manners which are definitely not fitting to an adult conversation.

So far you've only helped me prove my last point by focusing on whether or not they're Arab (semantics, completely irrelevant), rather than focusing on whether or not it's an empty threat.

Don't be weak, don't be childish, disprove my point and we'll have a discussion, if you keep focusing on semantics you'll just continue to show how weak your arguments are.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join