It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan: Turkey will not remain silent if Israel attacks Lebanon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Thursday that Turkey would not remain silent if Israel attacked Lebanon or Gaza, French News Agency AFP reported.

These are some of the strongest words and criticism yet by Turkey in recent times

"Does (Israel) think it can enter Lebanon with the most modern aircraft and tanks to kill women and children, and destroy schools and hospitals, and then expect us to remain silent?" Erdogan said at a conference in Lebanon organized by the Union of Arab Banks.

"Does it think it can use the most modern weapons, phosphorus munitions and cluster bombs to kill children in Gaza and then expect us to remain silent?," AFP reported Erdogan as saying. "We will not be silent and we will support justice by all means available to us."

With clashes between North & South Korea and now Turkey's stance it seems the world world is on a boiling point. What more for the first time probably Turkey even spoke about Israel's nuclear status.

Erdogan called on the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council to pressure Israel over its nuclear program in the same way that the international community has been dealing with Iran.

Turkey PM warns Lebanese leaders that Israel may be planning an attack, calls on 5 permanent members of the UNSC to pressure Israel over its nuclear program.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure I disagree with a single word he says!

It's high time israhell is shown as the whore she is.

God's people wouldn't act like that, but the Synagogue of Satan Jesus spoke of... would.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Someone just moved to the top of the Mossad's hit list.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by Jeanius

Someone just moved to the top of the Mossad's hit list.

Even the Mossad knows that's impossible. Erdogan? The Turkish are not Americans who have their leader shot in broad daylight, only to not do a single damned thing. There will be hell to pay, the question is, does the other side know this?

Edit:

"Organized by bankers."

edit on 25-11-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Turkey will need hardcore firepower if it wants to fight the zionazis

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Evenually recources will dwindle religious tensions will bubble over, etc. and swhtf.

I don't know when but it will happen.

so enjoy your life

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
US Military were told to put down after 911 by their leaders and are now finding a workaround to bomb Israel to pieces.

Quite inventive one would say.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Time for Israel to awnser some Questions and stop being so #in "its not us its them guys with the rocks"
Stop killing women and children and grandparents and fathers....
Didnt like it when the Nazi's did it to you,remember,HUH you do remember being rounded up and put into a camp and then they would kill you??? OHHHH ya kinda like what YOU GUYS are doing NOW....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98
Turkey will need hardcore firepower if it wants to fight the zionazis

Turkey HAS the firepower. This isn't Lebanon or Syria we're talking about here. Turkey is a major player in the area.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I am not much knowledgeable in the field of weaponry so going to ask you something. Wouldn't the recent donation of 20 F-35 fighter jets by US give Israel the edge over Turkey?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It seems blowing steam and talking crap has become the accepted norm when it comes to Arab leaders- First Ahmadinajad, and now Erdogan..

Turkey? What's Turkey going to do? Turkey's not going to do anything! Does anyone actually buy this BS?

And why would Israel attack Lebanon anyway?!
The only reason Israel would attack Lebanon is if it's attacked first.

Look at you all! This bull# announcement got you all worked up, for what? Has Israel announced any plans to attack? Any movement of forces towards the border?

No! Nothing!

Yet you find nothing wrong with taking this absurd opportunity (and any other opportunity for that matter) to bash Israel in the most offensive manner!

The Israhell whores? Zionazis? Real classy.

This forum has truly reached a low point..
edit on 25-11-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
This forum has truly reached a low point..
edit on 25-11-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

Has a reached a low point only through members such as yourself.....please, step outside your own country and view it from outside the bubble...you will get a different perspective I bet.

Turkey has tactical nuclear weapons care of the US stationed on its soil...how much access/ability to use them I dont know, but as previously mentioned they are not a country to take on light heartedly.

What the issue in the background to this that needs consideration here is the fact that Turkey is a NATO member....if Turkey retailiats against an Israeli invasion of Lebanon then the UN charter will be invoked, forcing the US and Europe to side on Turkey.

NOW...who see the chances of USA siding against Israel? Unlikely I know.

This could trigger the collapse of NATO.

Situation is very similar to pre WW1 when the League of Nations Collapsed and the Turks were involved in that war too.

Just seems to be history repeating itself......and you know what that means Israel?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

you will get a different perspective I bet.

You mean the perspective of someone that lives hundreds of miles away and gets his information filtered, edited, and narrated by some news corporation or, worse yet, some blog?

Oh yes, that's some perspective you've got there.

You don't even know what my perspective is. Don't assume you do.

Paranoid much?

Again I ask- Has anyone any solid reason to believe Israel is going to attack anyone?

Or are we basing our opinions on hunches now?

BTW- If Turkey does attack Israel it would most likely be kicked out of NATO, rather then be helped by it..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

you will get a different perspective I bet.

You mean the perspective of someone that lives hundreds of miles away and gets his information filtered, edited, and narrated by some news corporation or, worse yet, some blog?

Oh yes, that's some perspective you've got there.

You don't even know what my perspective is. Don't assume you do.

i know your perspective....its the one sided zionist propaganda they force feed you in that state.

Paranoid much?

Again I ask- Has anyone any solid reason to believe Israel is going to attack anyone?

Judging by Israel's past actions and bahaviour, a rabid dog could be trusted more than Israel could.

Say what you beleive, but your States actions speak for themselves.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Say what you beleive, but your States actions speak for themselves.

They certainly do, Israel has shown time and time again that when they are attacked by terrorists that they will defend themselves. And jews defending themselves is something some people here hate!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've never been a big fan of Turkey and it's politics, but I do mostly agree with these statements.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Yep....damn those nasty terrorists that were on the USS Liberty that the IDF tried to sink -

USS Liberty Bombing

The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter aircraft and Israeli Navy torpedo boats, on June 8, 1967, during the Six-Day War.[2] The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and one civilian), wounded 170 crew members, and severely damaged the ship.[3] At the time, the ship was in international waters north of the Sinai Peninsula, about 25.5 nmi (29.3 mi; 47.2 km) northwest from the Egyptian city of Arish.[1][4]

How about those pesky terrorist at the United Nations observing your dear IDF soldiers causing attrocities during the 2006 Lebanon War? Better to bomb all witnessess even if they are UN Observers -

Attack on UN Observers -2006 Lebanon War

On 25 July 2006 four unarmed United Nations Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO) peacekeepers from Austria, China, Finland and Canada were killed in an Israeli air strike on a UN observation post in southern Lebanon. According to the UN, the four had taken shelter in a bunker under the post, which was a three story building inside a patrol base in Khiyam.[4] It had been shelled 14 times by Israeli artillery over a period of 6 hours. An Israeli plane then dropped a bomb, destroying the post. During the bombardment, the post called an Israeli liaison officer ten times to call off the bombardment. According to a UN official who had seen the preliminary report, an Israeli official promised to halt the bombing each time.[5] UN military personnel on the ground along the Israel-Lebanon border reported that the munitions hitting the UNTSO position were precision-guided.[6]

Those pesky unarmed UN terrorist that were seeking shelter......gee what a threat to Israel they must have been. And the Israeli official promiosing to halt the bombing.....wtf? Just goes to show how good their word is...you cannot trust them.

And then again in 2009, when Israel attacked a UN post with white phosphorous....must have been really threatening those UN observers yeah?

UN Headquarters in Gaza hit by White Phosphorous Shells

The main UN compound in Gaza was left in flames today after being struck by Israeli artillery fire, and a spokesman said that the building had been hit by shells containing the incendiary agent white phosphorus.

The Geneva Convention of 1980 proscribes the use of white phosphorus as a weapon of war in civilian areas, although it can be used to create a smokescreen.

Israel doesnt need enemies when it can keep their IDF in training by attacking innocent observers.

ISRAELS ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN THEIR WORDS!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

It seems blowing steam and talking crap has become the accepted norm when it comes to Arab leaders- First Ahmadinajad, and now Erdogan..

Turkey? What's Turkey going to do? Turkey's not going to do anything! Does anyone actually buy this BS?

Your ignorance amazes me, first of all Turks are not Arabs neither are Iranians (Persians), Second Turkey is the Strongest country in the Middle East militarily and can wipe Israel of the map with ease.
www.globalfirepower.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Maccaron.Shakaron

Here's a better comparison..
Both countries are close by world standards..
Turkey no 10, Israel no 11...
www.globalfirepower.com...

Certainly no easy win for Israel if alone and a different scenario to unarmed Palistine..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
How about those pesky terrorist at the United Nations observing your dear IDF soldiers causing attrocities during the 2006 Lebanon War?

You of course ignore that Israel were actually attacking Hezbollah terrorists...."http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Specials/20060718/mideast_lebanon_UN_060716/"
"The closest artillery has landed within 2 metres of our position and the closest 1000 lb aerial bomb has landed 100 metres from our patrol base. This has not been deliberate targeting, but has rather been due to tactical necessity".

The Geneva Convention of 1980 proscribes the use of white phosphorus as a weapon of war in civilian areas, although it can be used to create a smokescreen.

Again you ignore the fact that Israel was using WP smoke shells, which are permitted....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join