It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nixon showed Jackie Gleason aliens...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The star of "the honeymooners" was quite a ufo buff and apparently claimed that his good friend Richard Nixon showed him some alien bodies....

Jackie Gleason and UFOs

The story was told to a journalist, confirmed by Gleason's ex-wife and by an airman, Larry Warren, who also heard it from Gleason.

Interesting that it connects up with Larry Warren, who was stationed at Bentwaters, and witnessed Rendlesham...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard something about this like 10 years ago. I forgot all about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Jackie Gleason, Nixon and dead alien bodies...

Man, I've heard it all now!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The following just reeks of BS though......

Later that night, matters changed radically, when Richard Nixon showed up at Gleason's house around midnight. "He was all alone for a change. There were no secret service agents with him or anyone else. I said, 'Mr. President, what are you doing here?' and he said he wanted to take me someplace and show me something." Gleason got into the President's private car and they sped off into the darkness - their destination being Homestead Air Force Base.

Now, I can believe that the Pres may be able to duck out and dodge the boys for a bit to get some nookie (see JFK), but to drive themselves, to an Air Force Base, without this creating a clamour on the base, and hundreds of service guys, who then tell their wives, who then tell their friends.....sorry, not buying it.....
Nixon really wasn't in a position to know, unlike other former presidents...(namely Bush Sr., and Reagan, who both fully knew).

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
edited

[edit on 27-7-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Jackie Gleason, Nixon and dead alien bodies...

Man, I've heard it all now!

Tabloid headline from the 80's:

Elvis's Clone Reveals Jackie's UFO diet!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Carter wanted to release it, but he didn't know squat, only a personal encounter before becoming president... There seems to be evidence that he was shown just enough to stop asking for the revelation.....courtesy of Bush Sr...no doubt, hehe....

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I heard Jackie tells this story on the old "Long John Nebel" over night radio show on WNBC-AM Radio, back in 1971 or so. Jackie would come on ever so often take calls, tell stories, have a lot of fun with "Long John".

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Nixon really wasn't in a position to know, unlike other former presidents...(namely Bush Sr., and Reagan, who both fully knew).

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Nixon always appeared to be an extremely astute and well connected politician. A page on his presidential website said he used to stand in and chair the Natl Security Council meetings in place of President Eisenhower, when he was the Vice President.

I don't know if this story is true, but it doesn't sound that outlandish to me. They were close friends. His wife is the one that leaked the "secret", I believe she put it in a book she was working on after they got divorced but he asked her to not print it, but Gleason never denied it happened, or said his wife made up the story.

I personally believe Nixon was aware of the UFO situation.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Schaden]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've heard this before, but not this much detail. I had just heard that Nixon merely told Gleason about UFOs and Aliens, not shown him dead alien bodies - which I find somewhat hard to believe. I can see Nixon knowing about their existence. He probably already knew about them when he was V.P. for Eisenhower. I can see Nixon telling Gleason about their existence during a game of golf. From what I understand, they were pretty good friends. And Nixon didn't have a lot of good friends. But showing up at Jackie Gleason's door at midnight with no Secret Service and driving him personally to Homestead to view dead alien bodies? I have a very difficult time believing that.

I can see Nixon and Gleason getting past the first gate. The poor MP probably couldn't believe his eyes, and who is he to deny the President of the United States entry into a military base. However, eventually...at some point...to get to these bodies and these labs, you're going to have to go through some pretty heavy security. Nixon getting past it? OK...no problem. Jackie Gleason? No way...not a chance in hell. George Washington couldn't get Jackie Gleason past it, let alone Richard Nixon.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I tend to think he'd get his chief of staff or someone to call the base in advance, I doubt he'd just show up out of the blue. Nixon probably had to have been there before, to know exactly where it was etc..I still don't think the story is too crazy to automatically dismiss. Nixon was a cunning guy and did think a lot of himself and the power of his office. If he'd been to this facility at some briefing as POTUS, and knew how much his good friend was into the subject, I think he'd do anything in his power to "show off" the goods.

The way the story came out and the fact that Gleason never denied the story but refused to talk about it says a lot IMO. He may have felt very guilty for breaking any promises he made to his friend, the president, to keep quiet about what he'd seen.

new topics

top topics

join