It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are The Odds That Aliens Exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Now taking that into account, we should also remember how old is this planet, how long we took to evolve, and compare it to one of those other planets.. This planet is "young" in terms of age of planets.. so there could be one of those planets that can have double the age of planet earth, making its "probable" inhabitants "as twice" as evolved than us... the possibilities are endless, and to think aliens don't exist is foolish

That's my two cents, happy thanksgiving everyone.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'd say it was almost a certainty that extraterrestrial life exists. It would be arrogance in the extreme to think that it didn't.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Actually, the REAL odds you need to think of, is how many other planets will be stable for long enough to support evolving life.

There may be billions of other planets out there with "life" on them but that could be swiftly wiped out if the planet is not stable - or the solar system in which it resides is not stable.

The odds for a planet to be just right to support life AND to be stable long enough for life to evolve - That is the main question.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Enter Ruin

I want to say that the odds of extraterrestrial life existing is in the 90-99% certain range. The universe is too darn big to not have any other intelligent reflection-recognizing, technology-wielding life in it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

i would say 99.999999% sure they would be out there.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think the odds are definitely greater than 90%. We humans need to stop being so arrogant and believing that we are the pinnacle of creation. Earth has been here but for a brief moment in the grand scheme of things. If we were alone in the universe, which is highly unlikely, it would be an awful waste of space.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
100%!!!! We exist. Why would we be alone? That would be the weird thing.
In 1987 at Ohio State University in astronomy class, on the last day, the professor got out his calculator and said "Now for the big question on everyone's mind..." He did the smallest number in his calculations and came up with a huge number in the hundreds of thousands possibilities of alien life. We all want to know more,
I am sure there is more to know. You can kind of feel it happening now, the cat is coming out of the bag.
I expect big changes to happen in the next ten years. Just look at all the buzz on the internet from the last two years. With all the sightings, even the housewives are talking on my street about their sightings during their lifetime, we must be a hugh tourist attraction for the EBEs. Someone will crash again, and the civilians will get there first. Then disclosure will happen on a large scale, kind of like the 911 event. The whole world will stand still for a while and be in shock and awe. It may happen in another country where the USA can't step in and try to control and hide the knowledge.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
it would be nice if aliens did exist, maybe then, the "starseeds" wouldn't feel so lonely and psychotic.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
They are out there, and they are here too, and our Governments know this.
there is too many sightings of UFOs and USOs for it to be some elaborate HOAX.

The question is; When will the Truth finally be revealed to the Human Race.

I hope that the ETs bring us disclosure and NOT the Governments of the world,
then I think the ETs will be in more control of what is said and done.

We need to get away from the Lies, I think it is holding our race back from our
true potential.

Thanks OP for the Great Thread

Happy Thanksgiving

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
100%!!!! We exist. Why would we be alone? That would be the weird thing.
In 1987 at Ohio State University in astronomy class, on the last day, the professor got out his calculator and said "Now for the big question on everyone's mind..." He did the smallest number in his calculations and came up with a huge number in the hundreds of thousands possibilities of alien life. We all want to know more,
I am sure there is more to know. You can kind of feel it happening now, the cat is coming out of the bag.
I expect big changes to happen in the next ten years. Just look at all the buzz on the internet from the last two years. With all the sightings, even the housewives are talking on my street about their sightings during their lifetime, we must be a hugh tourist attraction for the EBEs. Someone will crash again, and the civilians will get there first. Then disclosure will happen on a large scale, kind of like the 911 event. The whole world will stand still for a while and be in shock and awe. It may happen in another country where the USA can't step in and try to control and hide the knowledge.

A likely scenario.
I've read over 30 books on the ET/UFO issue and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there "was" and is "now" et's visiting us.

Disclosure, well you can't mention that word here at ATS, looks like the "D" word if off limits.

Saying that, I dont know how it will pan out, BUT, they are here 110%

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think someone has done the math on this. Staggering.

The number 7 is extremely significant in our world.www.virtuescience.com...

days in the week
candles in a menorah
chakras
classic planets
endocrine glands
colors in the rainbow
seven notes on a scale if you count both "do" as one
7th heaven

More significance of 7 to Earthlings...

towerweb.net... Seven A mystic or sacred number. It is composed of four and three, which, among the Pythagoreans, were, and from time immemorial have been, accounted lucky numbers. Among the Babylonians, Egyptians, and other ancient peoples, there were seven sacred planets. There are seven days in Creation, seven days in the week, seven graces, seven deadly sins, seven divisions in the Lord's Prayer, and seven ages in the life of man; climacteric years are seven and nine with their multiples by odd numbers; and the seventh son of a seventh son was held noble. Among the Hebrews, every seventh year was sabbatical, and seven times seven years was the jubilee. The three great Jewish feasts lasted seven days; and between the first and second were seven weeks. Levitical purifications lasted seven days; Balaam would have seven alters, and sacrificed on them seven bullocks and seven rams;

sevenroads.org... It is well known that men of different times and nations have associated with particular numbers the idea of a peculiar significance and value. It is also well known that, of all numbers, there is no one which has excercised in this way a wider influence, no one which has commanded in a higher degree the esteem and reverence of mankind, than the number Seven. The mystic preëminence of this sacred number is as ancient as it is venerable. It belongs to the simple wisdom of a primitive age. It had its native home in the East, near the springs of light and of day.

afgen.com... The seven heavens, so often referred to. The seven thrones. The seven seals. The seven churches.

I personally think other world systems are out there based on other numbers.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I believe that there is a very high probability of intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe. I also believe that there could be civilizations far older and far more advanced then our own.

But are they coming here in flying saucers, abducting people, making crop circles and all that other stuff?

No, I don't think so. There is no creditable proof. Just wild claims by pseudo-scientist and others of dubious credibility.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is a fascinating video with Neil Tyson. Must watch.

Originally posted by MrXYZ HERE.

Wait for it it's part of a longer show. ( snipped out ) It tells you why it is a 100 % certainty alien life exists.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The odds are zero, as in no evidence. Aliens from afar is just a romantic notion spurred by media, Hollywood, etc. As I said in another thread, we see unknown aerial objects so believers automatically link the aerial object with being capable of traveling extremely long distances, light years if you will, to get here to hang around in our sky and not get involved with inhabitants contrary to reported encounters which are in the hearsay department.

I don't accept extraterrestrials but I will jump off the edge by proposing that these aerial craft may have the capabilities of traveling inter-dimensionally. Since nothing is known about these aerial objects then no one can say with certainty that they contain pilots/passengers. A craft has to land in a popular space such as at a major football/baseball/soccer/rock concert while a game is on for the largest audience. Then, like in the movies, a being(?) has to step out for the audience to see. Following that, a certain amount of the audience has to be invited inside the object and then it has to either dematerialize of take off faster than the eye can follow which could look like dematerializing. Seconds later it will land or materialize, the passengers tell the audience where they went and what they saw.

Until something like this happens all we have to deal with is just the aerial objects and we can speculate until the cows come home or next shavuitz!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's a certainty, as well as the odds of aliens visiting us. There are too many people talking about it. Too many credible ones...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousanonymous
Actually, the REAL odds you need to think of, is how many other planets will be stable for long enough to support evolving life.

There may be billions of other planets out there with "life" on them but that could be swiftly wiped out if the planet is not stable - or the solar system in which it resides is not stable.

The odds for a planet to be just right to support life AND to be stable long enough for life to evolve - That is the main question.

Are you trying to say Aliens don't exist?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

All I'm saying is that the odds are significantly less for intelligent, evolved life.
I believe aliens exist for sure. 100% - But my definition for alien would be (but not limited to) some single-celled organism in a pond on another world.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

The odds are zero, as in no evidence. Aliens from afar is just a romantic notion spurred by media, Hollywood, etc. As I said in another thread, we see unknown aerial objects so believers automatically link the aerial object with being capable of traveling extremely long distances, light years if you will, to get here to hang around in our sky and not get involved with inhabitants contrary to reported encounters which are in the hearsay department.

I don't accept extraterrestrials but I will jump off the edge by proposing that these aerial craft may have the capabilities of traveling inter-dimensionally. Since nothing is known about these aerial objects then no one can say with certainty that they contain pilots/passengers. A craft has to land in a popular space such as at a major football/baseball/soccer/rock concert while a game is on for the largest audience. Then, like in the movies, a being(?) has to step out for the audience to see. Following that, a certain amount of the audience has to be invited inside the object and then it has to either dematerialize of take off faster than the eye can follow which could look like dematerializing. Seconds later it will land or materialize, the passengers tell the audience where they went and what they saw.

Until something like this happens all we have to deal with is just the aerial objects and we can speculate until the cows come home or next shavuitz!

Having "no evidence" aliens exist isn't the same as saying Aliens don't exist.
We have no evidence dark matter exists, but we know it does, the same as feelings, or black holes. Some people have seen them (like ufos), and we don't know how they work, just theories based on mathematical equations. Using the same method (mathematical equations) we can conclude that there is most certain Aliens living on other planets, yet scientists disregard that... that's rubbish. Just because we don't know anything about the subject it doesn't mean it isn't real, or it is impossible (travel long distances across the universe).

The eyewitnesses vary, in vast quantity going from regular joes, to Veteran trained pilots, to ex-governors, to presidents, to astronauts.. not just simple "hearsay".
The facts are there, the evidence (ancient artifacts, monuments, pyramids, etc) to disregard EVERYTHING as fiction is wrong.

edit on 25-11-2010 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Text

Originally posted by anonymousanonymous

Text

taking into account how "young" our human civilization is and looking in the grand scale of evolutionary clock we too are not really that stable....anytime we could be swiped out without us even noticing it, i would say that in the scale of 0 to 10, the odds are ,10 yes they do exist, and...and we could be more aliens here on planet earth than we thought those aliens are...just a thought mate...
edit on 25-11-2010 by alphaMegas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Odds are either that there are millions of intelligent civilizations out there (including some billions of years older than ours, somehow undetected), or we're the only planet with life on it anywhere, and we're completely alone.

At this time, since we don't know how we came to be, we don't have a big enough sample to say what's a good environment for life, so the odds are equal in either case.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join