It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Wikileaks documents show Turkey helped al-Qaida'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Report: Documents expected to be leaked allege that Turkey allowed citizens smuggle weapons into Iraq, US helped Kurdish terrorists.

A Wikileaks administrator also told Al-Hayat that the site needs Turks to volunteer to translate documents about Turkey's role in the war in Iraq and its bid for EU membership.

Other documents show that the US has supported the PKK, which has been waging a separatist war against Turkey since 1984 and has been classified by the State Department as a terrorist organization since 1979. The US military documents call the PKK "warriors for freedom and Turkish citizens," and say that the US set free arrested PKK members in Iraq. The documents also point out that US forces in Iraq have given weapons to the PKK and ignored the organization's operations inside Turkey.

On Wednesday, the Obama administration said that it had alerted Congress and begun notifying foreign governments that the WikiLeaks website is preparing to release sensitive US diplomatic files that could damage US relations with friends and allies across the globe.

JPost.com

Im pretty sure this is just small compared to future findings from WikiLeaks. Seems that Foreign Governments are being notified about Wikileaks, and the information that could, or most likely, have to do with them.

Things are going to start to get hectic if they aren't now.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Nice....looking forward for those "history redefining" posts from wikileaks.......I think there will be many military leaks on those files...but expect to see some quite amazing finds......lets hope it comes through soon!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Hmmm...I wonder how these event's will be portrayed to the future generations.

I love history. And what I noticed, from reading history books, that I always saw us, (The USA) and our forefathers as the good guys and how the fought for our freedom.

Now I feel that things such as this would just be the total opposite.

new topics

join