It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Protest Day a Bust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I honestly didnt believe that people would follow through with their little "protest" but i dont think the lack of participation had anything to do with security but more to do with laziness, schedules and or being intimidated by authority.
Lets face it, the days when you could just stream through a metal detector are gone and never coming back.
So, since theyre screwed out of that time saving system forever, its quicker to just be scanned than it is to "opt out" and go through the thorough pat down procedure and thats way quicker than declining both and being detained for hours.
Some others may have gone with the intention of challenging them, only to find out that when it came down to it, they were just intimidated by the blank staring robots in the TSA uniforms and rubber gloves.

Then of course you have the ones that believe the line of BS these invasive, illegal searches are actually done for their protection.

Well, whatever, on to the next "revolt" that forms, gets a bit of attention, then fades quietly into the sunset.

U.S. Fliers Avoid Scanner Logjams as Security Tops Privacy

Security, yea sure.

The lack of logjams at screening stations gave a boost to the TSA and marked a setback to the critics of the new body- imaging technology. Protesters had hoped that travelers requesting physical searches would create snarls and spur the agency to change procedures.

Link to News

edit on 25-11-2010 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was quite let down.

I live down the street from the fam so I didn't have to go far, but I think I would have protested.

I figure a lot of people knew about it, or at least there were a few that did, but once they saw no one else doing it, they buckled.

My sister just got in and said she had to do both the pat-down and body scan.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Well, I dont fly much and probably never will again, if I can avoid it. The last time i flew was one month after 9/11 happened and even with all the paranoia going on, it was business as usual at the airports, although i did have to take my shoes off.

I guess in a way you cant blame some peoples apprehension at defying authority, since they do have the power to ruin your life.
Especially after it was said that they would be placing anyone that defies both the scanner and patdown on a watch list and labeled a domestic extremist.
How would it look to a persons employer if the FBI showed up at your work to interrogate you and them about your recent activities?
Im sure you would be looking for a new job not long after that.
The best way to get results is though the courts. Where are the ACLU when there is actually something for them to do?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

I think you should look at the other news - there's a thread on it - which says twitter is abuzz with reports that the scanners have been switched off.

If this is the case, the media are colluding in a psyops to trick people into believing their protests came to nothing, when in fact it has been a significant success.

Beware the media propaganda.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Not only that, the protests have just begun, this issue isn't going away no matter what, until this is withdrawn in its entirety.

The TSA hates having its God Like authority challenged in any way and so when the reporters showed up they just stopped the scanning and molesting, typical fascist avoidance technique. They'll resume shortly again.

There is a lot more planned for these mobiles than airports. Random drive by xraying your homes, your vechile, stop point inspections, sports arenas, malls, soon it may even be schools, who knows. Its highly dangerous dose of radiation, its obscene and must be stopped no matter what it takes.

Its also a huge disease threat, for they aren't washing nonstop, and dont even change their gloves and this is a high risk activity.

Big Sis Wants Behavior Scanners At Sports Events, Malls - Alex Jones Tv

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yea, Ive heard about the X-Ray Vans. Arent they publicly deploying those in NY right now?
I say publicly because im sure that they have been used long before they actually made the announcement.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

I wasn't sure from the video above whether they were already in use or planned to be soon in use, but agree, they've probably been doing this invasive high risk xray technology scans on people for a long time. Though I do think the main reason is to intimidate and basically OWN the public.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well i read that they were being deployed some time ago.. here is one article i dug up about it.

The DHS didn't respond to requests for comment on exactly which of its agencies use the ZBVs. The New York Police Department confirmed that it uses the technology but wouldn't divulge specifics.

That article was written in Sept.

Good news, perhaps, for SHAREHOLDERS--and a nightmare for privacy advocates. "It's no surprise that governments and vendors are very enthusiastic about [the vans]," says Marc Rotenberg, executive director of Electronic Privacy Information Center (Epic). "But from a privacy perspective it's one of the most intrusive technologies conceivable."

Just as ive been saying all along.. This whole thing is a farce, its about DOLLARS and CONTROL

Forbes

Btw, i see youre Canadian. I know your British brothers are in even worse shape than the US is, privacy wise but I havent heard much about Canada?
How are things going North of the Border?

edit on 25-11-2010 by Animatrix because: I CAN

new topics

top topics

join