It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Look Urged For Terror Alerts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

A New Look Urged For Terror Alerts

www.latimes.com

A proposal drafted by the Department of Homeland Security and submitted to the White House urges a shift toward more-tailored threat warnings and the dismantling of the five-color scheme that was often mocked for alarming people but providing little useful guidance on how they should respond, U.S. officials said....

U.S. officials said the new system would assume a baseline state of heightened public awareness and would be built around two broad threat categories: elevated and imminent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.latimes.com
www.aolnews.com

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
More scheming about ways to make us afraid.
Well I must admit...I never checked the Terror Alert Color Chart anyhow.

What I do find telling is this little paragraph tucked into one of the articles...

The proposed changes come at a time when holiday travelers are facing stringent new screening procedures at airports across the country, including full-body scans and pat-downs that have prompted protests from some travelers.

Makes me wonder...is this just another tactic desigined for means of control?

Just more propaganda?

Keep an eye out as this develops.

And remember...

The colors were doomed to fail because "they don't tell people what they can do -- they just make people afraid," security expert Bruce Schneier told The New York Times. He said the system was "a relic of our panic after 9/11" that "never served any security purpose."

The U.S. only hit the red level once, on Aug. 10, 2006, after British police disrupted a plot to use liquid explosives on airliners.

"They just make people afriad"

"The U.S. only hit the red level once"

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Too few know that the Department of Homeland Security "threat alert" was used previously.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Defcon

A defense readiness condition (DEFCON) is an alert posture used by the United States armed forces.

The DEFCON system was developed by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and unified and specified combatant commands.

It prescribes five graduated levels of readiness (or statuses of alert) for the U.S. military, and increase in severity from DEFCON 5 (least severe) to DEFCON 1 (most severe) to match varying military situations.

DEFCONS are a subsystem of a series of Alert Conditions, or LERTCONs, that also includes Emergency Conditions (EMERGCONs).

DEFCONs should not be confused with similar systems used by the U.S. military, such as Force Protection Conditions (FPCONS) and Watch Conditions (WATCHCONS), or the Homeland Security Advisory System used by the United States Department of Homeland Security.

I have known about the Defcon system for the last 31 years of my life.

Yet another element which tells us F.E.M.A. may very well have been responsible for 9/11.

Between them and D.A.R.P.A. the funding as well as secrecy could be the key.

T.S.A. : Birth of A Monster, Coup Against American Rights, F.E.M.A. Started and D.A.R.P.A. Finished

With F.E.M.A. being civilian, but military organized, it leveraged T.S.A. into existence.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Why not impose a two colour scheme? It's very simple, either there is a terrorist threat or their isn't. 50/50 if you will. Either you'll die from an extremely rare terrorist attack in the US or you'll live out your day like any other uneventful day (as it has always really been).

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

So they are responding to public fury against TSA molestation by changing the terror warning colours.

Oh great everythings fixed then...

How distant from the man on the street have the political elite and their minions become.?
Its almost unfathomable.
Try telling your grandchildren how it used to be,and soon they will laugh at you..."don't be silly Grandpa,people didn't go to shops without a strip search..hehe how silly you are with your old fashioned ideas",they shall say.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

U.S. officials said the new system would assume a baseline state of heightened public awareness and would be built around two broad threat categories: elevated and imminent.

So the public would be either scared or really scared? Yeah, that'll be a big help. It seems like awareness isn't what they're after. It's more like "fear" or "more fear". I wonder if it would just sit on imminent forever?
It does fit with the theory of permanent war.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Great addition, thank you SKL.

When it comes to "terror" there is more that we dont know about than what we do know.
That has been the plan all along. Just the idea of terrorists in action makes most of us shrink back, feel afraid, and look for protection. Especially after 9/11.

So it stand to reason that the Terror Alerts were a tool all along, one used to keep us in the dark.

Since September 11, 2001, the US government has been operating with a demand for the understanding of the people. We, as part of this demand, are to allow certain limitations on our liberty in order to gain a certain level of security. However, the nature of what are likely exaggerated threats, together with Congressional enrichment from these expensive security technologies, the U.S. public is losing both liberty and security, as well as money.

Many people may not know this...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I fully expect in the near future we'll have a terror forecast alongside the weather forecast

The threat is real and everpresent

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I know right? So we are always going to have terrorism now? I thought we were fighting wars to prevent that. But it appears that our government already knew wars could never stop terrorism. It was always about the expansion of power into foreign lands.

new topics

top topics

join