It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to alcoholics on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In my short 21 years I have only drunk a couple of shots of liquor. I just couldn't do it anymore. So I passed my liquor to someone else in the bar. Getting a hug was great. Anyway. I wonder what attracts you to beer or wine so much? Is it the taste? The feel? What? I don't know if I really got drunk. Since I feel asleep in the morning and woke up felling like a turd the next morning.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm not an alcoholic, but I think it's the forgetting.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Booze...the cause of, and answer to, all of life's problems.
- Moe Syzlak

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Hey, buddy. Drinking wine is what they likes to call a "lifestyle': when ya wake up in the morning and have a jelly jar of some red wine you feel like yer flying. Do it all day and by the end of the night yer either wasted or youve' fallen asleep in somebuddys' lap.

Think about it this way kid-- the more you drink the better you feel. The feelings of the "hangover' go away after a few years trust me. If wine dont' work for you try gin or vodka-- the choice is yours.

If yer a real lite weight just stick with beer. Always remember that 1 glass of wine = 3 beers so yous can drink a lot more beer. Just give it a try.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

That is a Oxymoron! I am a fan of cartoons as the other young people of my age. Yet! I don't see why any of you would waste your life on the bottle.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

actually 1 12oz beer = 5 oz of wine = 1 shot of liquor

hangovers are terrible

everything in moderation (i'm still trying to learn that one)

It's much easier to say no to the first drink than the third

to op....it feels great to be drunk...forgetting the monotony...no anxiety...but you may do things that you regret...and if you don't remember....it didn't happen!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Everyone needs something to help them unwind. Life is full of bs. Some people chose to get educated some chose to eat lots of food some chose extreme sports some chose clubs some chose reading some chose conspiracy theories w/e there cup of tea its what they use to unwind. Alcoholics start off by making a beer here and there to unwind but there body becomes dependant on it and they need more and more to get that feeling . After a while they get stuck because there body is to dependant on the booze to make them feel normal. Same way as caffine does for the coffee heads in the morning

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed

and if you don't remember....it didn't happen!!

Tell me about it, bub!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well I am not an alcoholic but according to AA more than half the world is.

I drink socially and that is it. I don't drink when I am not out and I only really drink while I am at work but I work in a bar so it's gonna happen. I am not that big of a drinker honestly. I don't like the feeling of being not in control and I love to be in control.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I don't drink anymore for over eight years not bad but when i was a drinker i only drank on a weekend never liked to drink too much because of the day after

I would say I'm a coffeeholic

Thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Coffee? Man you're crazy! Coffee taste even worse then liquor. I would drink numerous bottles of beer and wine before I would drink a cup of coffee. Coffee gives the goosebumps.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by inchworm

Think about it this way kid-- the more you drink the better you feel. The feelings of the "hangover' go away after a few years trust me.

Hangovers for some may get better, for others they get exponentially worse. I used to think the 3 day hangover was as bad as it got, until I discovered how much I could pack away as I got older. My last hangover was like 3 days in the bathroom, feeling worse than I ever felt in my life. That was about 3 years ago.

I still have the odd coffee and liqueur though, they're too tasty to give up on completely.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

But i have a clear head every day
just look at what the drink in doing to this person.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Point proved coffee 1-0 alcohol

What's that you say one for the road

Coffee 2-0 alcohol

Thanks

edit on 013030p://2010-11-25T13:53:38-06:002511 by mars1 because: Add vid

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

But i have a clear head every day
just look at what the drink in doing to this person.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Point proved coffee 1-0 alcohol

Thanks

edit on 013030p://2010-11-25T13:45:07-06:002511 by mars1 because: to change stuff

Real funny, wise guy

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So what you saying its not true

I backed up my claim just used your thread to do it

Now if you say it's not true that means your lying in your thread.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Look guy, the only peoples lyin about anything probably is the durn police in Kentucky-- ya see, its' their word against mine that I was EVEN ON that marginal highway

When the judge asked me about it I told her "Lady, I dont' even know what yer talkin about." They didnt' charge me with being drunk in public only "public endangerrment' and "obscenity'. Heck, I dont' even remember if I was drunk when it all happened anyways (I probably was).

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Calm down inchworm just a bit of fun was just trying to get a point across to RR

Hey, buddy. Drinking wine is what they likes to call a "lifestyle':

Like that.

when ya wake up in the morning and have a jelly jar of some red wine you feel like yer flying.

And that.

Do it all day and by the end of the night yer either wasted or youve' fallen asleep in somebuddys' lap.

And especially that.

the more you drink the better you feel. The feelings of the "hangover' go away after a few years trust me.

I would not want to put that to the test.

If wine dont' work for you try gin or vodka-- the choice is yours.

See it yet.

If yer a real lite weight just stick with beer. Always remember that 1 glass of wine = 3 beers so yous can drink a lot more beer. Just give it a try.

I think point proved yet again.
Coffee 3-0 alcohol
Which brings me to the end credits.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I see yer point, fella (but that dont' me I aint' sneaking me a few sips with dinner tonight)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by MMPI2

I don't see why any of you would waste your life on the bottle.

Alcohol is a convenient method of escapism from all your woes. It really is like drinking a magic potion that carries away all your fear, anxiety e.t.c.

Alcoholics aren't wasting their life on the bottle, they are using it as a crutch to cope with the disappointments life throws at them. It transports them into a fantasy world where everything's beautiful and there are no problems.

Do you see the correlation between alcoholism and ATS addiction?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by MMPI2

I don't see why any of you would waste your life on the bottle.

It really is like drinking a magic potion

Yep, finally somebuddy that understands

top topics

<<   2 >>

join