It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is warning her allies! 'erm that upcoming Wikileaks, leak?'- Yea not going to like us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
CBC news

The U.S. government has notified Ottawa that the WikiLeaks website is preparing to release sensitive U.S. diplomatic files that could damage U.S. relations with allies around the world.

U.S. officials say the documents may contain accounts of compromising conversations with political dissidents and friendly politicians and could result in the expulsion of U.S. diplomats from foreign postings.

Well I thought I'd open this up for discussion, I've not got a heck of a lot to start off with, really it's pernding the actual release.

But it looks very much like America is pre-mitigating the damage from this upcoming leak - the one that is 7 times bigger (in volume?) than a previous one...

Well in haste I have started the thread for discussion, should a similar one exist already - well the mods know what to do.

Thinkey thoughty pops?
edit on 25/11/2010 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

On topic children, shesh already.

Well it looks very much like America is rather in a panic on this issue, getting all foreign embassies to get the word out and put on the nice face to all allies...

Looks like something interesting is about to come along, some that would be a potential foreign relations nightmare for America.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I predict a missle in Juleans future.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
yup...the US is about to go through one hell of a revolution.
i hope the leak occurs before i return the US, so that i don't just come home and get bombed the same day, or realize my money is worthless, or both. that would be a horribly #ty welcome back celebration.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The easiest way to assault a country is to bring them down politically. By releasing these files it will apparently cause tension between the US and our allies presumably in NATO only. Since our government is worried that diplomats might be thrown out from very friendly nations this just shows the scale of how big this event could really be.

Well obviously the US did something terribly wrong and we deserve punishment for whatever we did to our allies. I can only hope if it does spiral into diplomatic wars between close allies I see that as the only real way of changing US foreign policy.

To see our government scramble to try and salvage alliances has me worried that this might have been a step too far this time.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
or maybe the TRUTH will come out, and a lot off people will be going,, "I #ing well knew it",, but noooo u wouldnt listen would u???
Heard across the "Friendly" govt.'s opposition party desks in their respective govt.'s.
And maybe the brainwashed will listen too those who have been patiently waiting for everyone too catch up.
At least thats what i think will happen.

Gee THREAD closed not surprising
edit on 25-11-2010 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Please use the previously posted thread for this discussion:
U.S. warns Ottawa of WikiLeak release
edit on 25-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

top topics

join