It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin: 'We've got to stand with our North Korean allies'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

A transcript of the radio show reads:

Interviewer: How would you handle a situation like the one that just developed in North Korea?

Palin: Well, North Korea, this is stemming from a greater problem, when we're all sitting around asking, 'Oh no, what are we going to do,' and we're not having a lot of faith that the White House is going to come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea is going to do. So this speaks to a bigger picture that certainly scares me in terms of our national security policy. But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies – we're bound to by treaty....

Interviewer: South Korean.

Palin: Yes, and we're also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies, yes.

Source: Guardian News

Two things I bring into question:

1.) How do you truly confuse the two? There is a BIG difference there that every politician should be entirely aware of so that they do not make embarassing, or possibly detrimental, "slips of the tongue".

2.) Did she even answer the question that was asked of her? Really? Or was she just saying enougb words to sound like an answer.

By definition, people would call me a Conservative. I'm involved with the Teenage Republicans, but this woman has always just got on my nerves. A real shame...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Already been done.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
we don't need two threads on this, please

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sorry! My fault completely.

Mods, please do something to erase this thread.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The problem with Sarah Palin is not that she doesn't know the difference between North And South Korea. It is her complete lack of knowledge about any field relevant to governing a country: constitutional law, policy, history, geopolitics. She quit the only real job she ever had (governing Alaska). Why should Americans take political guidance from somebody who doesn't even understand basics of governing? heck, she shouldn't even be on TV, but that is an entirely different problem, and less important than whatever her political ambitions may be.

I have no problem with conservatives, as long as they have read some books and understand that the world is a complex place.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Whether it is Hillary, Palin or any other woman you will have a female president in 2012.

Blacks have been oppressed
Women have been oppressed

Its a PR campaign.
The prophetic and occult side of the coin is AGE of the GODDESS

You will see.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

But we need a thousand threads on the TSA.

reply to post by gatorboi117

2.) Did she even answer the question that was asked of her? Really? Or was she just saying enougb words to sound like an answer.

Yes. She was stating that it was necessary to provide a strong response to North Korea. That doesn't get as specific as some would like - but it seems rather clear that she is supporting a strong response to North Korea.

1.) How do you truly confuse the two? There is a BIG difference there that every politician should be entirely aware of so that they do not make embarassing, or possibly detrimental, "slips of the tongue".

She was obviously not confusing the two. She had been talking about reacting to North Korea and mentioned it twice before-hand. Then she went to say something about South Korea and said "North" Korea, instead. Obviously, it was a verbal goof. She was just talking about sanctioning North Korea for their actions two sentences prior.

By definition, people would call me a Conservative. I'm involved with the Teenage Republicans, but this woman has always just got on my nerves. A real shame...

She's a woman in politics with a husband, kids, and financially stable. She can't be all that mentally defunct to get where she is today - but the media will portray her as a complete ditz.

I've made more than my own fair share of statements that, when taken on their own and blown up with buzzwords, have me saying some rather dumb things. And I have legitimately said some rather dumb things, too.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117

A transcript of the radio show reads:

Interviewer: How would you handle a situation like the one that just developed in North Korea?

Palin: Well, North Korea, this is stemming from a greater problem, when we're all sitting around asking, 'Oh no, what are we going to do,' and we're not having a lot of faith that the White House is going to come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea is going to do. So this speaks to a bigger picture that certainly scares me in terms of our national security policy. But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies – we're bound to by treaty....

Interviewer: South Korean.

Palin: Yes, and we're also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies, yes.

Source: Guardian News

Two things I bring into question:

actually, i would agree with this policy. kudos to sarah palin for her informality. support the NK for once. remove sanctions, support civil nuclear development, open up trade, and see what difference there would be. one way or another, the south is going to get attacked.

and yes, im joking about sarah palin. she didn't even answer the question, nor did she address the NK policy with any substance. more sanctions can't really have anymore effect. why america, why? in the two years i have been out of the country, why did you have to fall in love with a moron? any political move she makes any further will be highly detrimental to the possible successful political revolution that america requires. i assume we all agree on this point, so i won't call for any of you to rethink your attachments to this woman. kudos to her success, ignorant stupidity is always adorable, but to believe she has what it takes to be a presidential candidate? my god people. just think about VP Biden at the present. obama aqcuiring that man was considered strategic to his own goals and policies, yet we see him now as a complete joke. this would have not been any different if McCain and Palin were in their respective offices, except Palin would have been a prettier face. my god, even my own father had fallen for her >.

top topics

join