It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first 12 hours of a U.S. dollar collapse!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Consider the lunacy.
The dollar goes up because the euro goes down. My, but how they have us fiddling while Rome burns.
(Same people manipulating on the other side of the pond).
The dollar will not come down like WTC7 in an awesome spectacle, it is now more like a setting sun.
The dollar is already toilet paper, kept "scarce" because it is taking so many dollars to keep the system propped up that they can't be trusted in the people's hands. Chinese exports certainly make it appear that the dollar is worth something.
You can still buy gold and silver....hint, hint.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hello people on this great forum been following it for a couple of weeks so i made a decision to join
about the Euro it is not working also. high prices over here in Spain we pay like twice the amount of the good old Pesetas i think the better for all would be to go back to the old currency German mark Dutch florijnen etc etc anyway about the GOLD everybody is saying buy some gold or silver but could this be another type of scam think about it. i mean the prices go up so we spend most of our money on it and then the BANKS can MANIPULATE the price again. but this time it loose Value because they rob the rest of our money

edit on 30-11-2010 by Detoxfication because: spellcheck

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Detoxfication

Welcome to ATS!
Yes, it appears the Euro is doomed, like the dollar, but it will be buried faster. As for gold and silver, they have to be manipulated DOWN by the financial elite to protect the "paper", so what does that tell you?
Precious metals are worth owning regardless of manipulation, in my opinion. I look at it like this. If you have a dragon (precious metals) that you have to keep shackled to protect your citizens (dollars/euro/whatever), the dragon STILL has the RESOURCES TO burn the town down. How long can they keep that dragon shackled? In reality, the dragon is on the move.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
if gold goes skyrocket, the US gold reserves value will skyrocket too. Being the United State the biggest gold owner in the world (I'm not talking about if the US owe it all or not), having 8x more gold than China with the crash of the dollar and the re-establishment of the gold based system, I think the US will benefit too.

I bet the US has more gold than audited and that Fort Knox is just a dummy.

I think the world economy will crash based on the US "out of thin air dollar", but when the time comes, we will see how much Gold the US bought since the 70's with paper that worthed nothing, adding that to the US based companies owing a big part of the world natural resources, the US will become again the world biggest economy of the planet.

the FED and the US have shown time and time again, that they are not as stupid as we think they are.

World Gold Reserves

edit on 30-11-2010 by metalpr because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2010 by metalpr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
thank you for the information i got stunned about the Netherlands 10 position
country with only 16.8 million people and your right Usa on top

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Geuss we dutch do something right

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Having phychical gold or silver is not but having it on paper is.
Then it is speculating on the price going either up or down, and also there is much more papergold then there is real gold, so its fractional

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Good video. While 12 hour collapse is possible I think it takes a minimum 3-5 days, basicly a business week for these events to happen maybe longer.....and as mentioned while China COULD dump the Treasuries, it will impact them (not nearly as bad as us, but no picnic either).

As far as "preparedness" I go back and forth on that.....

I mean you can store food, and unlike most people I try to keep about a months worth between fresh, frozen, canned and dried. I suppose if I am careful I could get upwards of 3 or 4 months stored, but then room for storage becomes an issue. I think having extra food is a good idea regardless (disasters and such) and the prices would surely skyrocket so it would buy you some time while everyone is trying to "catch up"

But even if you have 1, 3, or even 6 months of food stored.....that's only a temporary solution... I mean you will still run out of your food cache since this economic crisis will likely run a recession/depression/collapse that could last YEARS.....if you can garden and supplement that certainly helps, but most of the population has limited skills, or even arriable land do much gardening; especially in urban areas. (of course farmville is adequatley training people I guess LOL). Of course then if you are gardening and especially helping your neighbors you will fall under the "food security" regulations going through congress right now.

As far as the gold/silver sales....you might be able to sell/trade it for whatever replacement currency comes out...or barter but as others have pointed food, skills, and everyday needed items will be the currency....

I would say unless you have a fairly large amount of money in savings and investment, gold isn't that practicle. If you do have lots of holdings and you convert a large percentage of cash and investment instrument holdings to gold, you might secure your saved WEALTH from the crash if you have converted before. But then again, now you have a pile of gold that really doesn't have alot of use, other then trading it in on whatever replacement currency comes about. I bet the Euro or Yuan will be traded for the US dollar on about a 10 to 1 or 20 to 1 basis for cash, but at equal value for gold or silver. That's just a guess but likely. As the only reasonable way out would be for our devalued dollar to be swapped for a "stable global currency" to stablize the economy and bring the US "down to the rest of the world level" so to speak.

So even preparedness, while smart, only seems to be a temporary solution at best....we still all get screwed.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
if gold goes skyrocket, the US gold reserves value will skyrocket too. Being the United State the biggest gold owner in the world (I'm not talking about if the US owe it all or not), having 8x more gold than China with the crash of the dollar and the re-establishment of the gold based system, I think the US will benefit too.

Dont be too sure those reserves are correct or there - Fort Knox has not been audited for 50+ years - and the gold may have been sold to prop up the dollar.

There are also many tonnes of gold held in the US that belongs to Germany - however, does any of it still remain? Germany is unlikely to ever see that gold again I think,.

You seem to think that the people who may control this thing care what happens to the US - I doubt it. The gold that once belonged to the US people is likely long since stolen - and now resides in private hands - the hands of the scum.

I transferred all my assets into mainly silver at the end of 08, I also hold some gold and equities. The silver has more than doubled - and I see nothing that is going to prevent silver from going up - I think a natural silver:gold ratio in the future will be 8:1 or lower. We now mine only around 8 times more silver than gold and the ratio is falling - also above ground stocks of silver are lower than that of gold - in the past the ratio was around 15, to 20 to 1 with gold - we have consumed a great deal of silver over the last 100 years, this has never happened before in human history.

The fundamental historical ratios are therefore no longer useful - there is a new paradigm guiding the value of silver in the future - on the upslope I think that the silver price may exceed that of gold - though long term it will possibly be less.

More patents using silver were developed last year than for any other metal - it is the most reflective, thermally and electrically conductive and it kills bacteria - it has value as an industrial and precious metal - and it is rare.

I do not rule out the possibility that the future silver price will exceed gold, and stay there.

On the monetary crisis - the problem is systemic - money creation requires expansion of debt. The debt has expanded exponentially with respect to underlying assets - there are too many claims to underlying assets, and they cannot all be resolved/satisfied.

So at some point there will be a rush to grab what you can - gold is like transportable real estate, demand will increase sharply - there is no upper limit to price with respect to dollars. A trillion dollars an ounce is achievable in a hyper-inflationary environment - so guessing at a dollar value is not really useful unless you have some idea of the dollars purchasing power. Its value with respect to other commodities such as oil is more useful - and I expect its value to increase sharply.

In the event of a dollar collapse, people will still need money to trade between themselves - things like tins of food, packs of cigarettes and so on will do - as will silver and gold coins - people will accept them as valuable and useful for trading, as they have done for thousands of years.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

Originally posted by metalpr

Dont be too sure those reserves are correct or there - Fort Knox has not been audited for 50+ years - and the gold may have been sold to prop up the dollar.

There are also many tonnes of gold held in the US that belongs to Germany - however, does any of it still remain? Germany is unlikely to ever see that gold again I think,.

You seem to think that the people who may control this thing care what happens to the US - I doubt it. The gold that once belonged to the US people is likely long since stolen - and now resides in private hands - the hands of the scum.

I transferred all my assets into mainly silver at the end of 08, I also hold some gold and equities. The silver has more than doubled - and I see nothing that is going to prevent silver from going up - I think a natural silver:gold ratio in the future will be 8:1 or lower. We now mine only around 8 times more silver than gold and the ratio is falling - also above ground stocks of silver are lower than that of gold - in the past the ratio was around 15, to 20 to 1 with gold - we have consumed a great deal of silver over the last 100 years, this has never happened before in human history.

The fundamental historical ratios are therefore no longer useful - there is a new paradigm guiding the value of silver in the future - on the upslope I think that the silver price may exceed that of gold - though long term it will possibly be less.

More patents using silver were developed last year than for any other metal - it is the most reflective, thermally and electrically conductive and it kills bacteria - it has value as an industrial and precious metal - and it is rare.

I do not rule out the possibility that the future silver price will exceed gold, and stay there.

On the monetary crisis - the problem is systemic - money creation requires expansion of debt. The debt has expanded exponentially with respect to underlying assets - there are too many claims to underlying assets, and they cannot all be resolved/satisfied.

So at some point there will be a rush to grab what you can - gold is like transportable real estate, demand will increase sharply - there is no upper limit to price with respect to dollars. A trillion dollars an ounce is achievable in a hyper-inflationary environment - so guessing at a dollar value is not really useful unless you have some idea of the dollars purchasing power. Its value with respect to other commodities such as oil is more useful - and I expect its value to increase sharply.

In the event of a dollar collapse, people will still need money to trade between themselves - things like tins of food, packs of cigarettes and so on will do - as will silver and gold coins - people will accept them as valuable and useful for trading, as they have done for thousands of years.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

I seldom quote in entirety, but I want to make sure people read your post.

Finally someone who really gets it! The whole thing, and puts it in a way anyone should be able to understand (I wish I could do that!).

SILVER: It is still actually the very rare person who understands silver, and obviously you did your due diligence, and were rewarded accordingly.

Silver is interesting for another reason, beyond fundamentals (to die for), silver may be the Achilles heel of the entire financial house of cards.

As I'm sure you know Amagnon, if even just one person in a hundred decided to go out and buy silver, just a small amount (like one ounce maybe), it could bring the price manipulators to their knees. Who are the mega-manipulators? Only a few large banks are in on the game, with the biggest being JP Morgan. They have depressed the price for many years, shorting the metal constantly, using precise (illegal) coordinated timing to make billions. They consider it their "cash cow", having long ago identified it as a market just small enough to effectively control. Of course, the jig is up if they fail to cover their shorts one day, and that day can come anytime. As Jason Hommel recently pointed out in one of his newsletters, silver can get to $500 per ounce in a big hurry if there is the classic short-squeeze.

SO, what happens if JP Morgan goes down as a result of finally getting caught in their silver fraud? Who else will follow? We've already had massive bank failures, generally kept quite by the media, lots of banks being folded into bigger ones. The system really doesn't need a big stressor right now. And yet, there is growing silver awareness that could have completely out-of-proportion effects upon the entire financial system.

I see lots of people posting in this thread who really seem rather complacent, are pretty sure nothing "sudden" could happen. Well, these big banksters are not gods! Things can happen, even if they did not ordain it. Unexpected things, like silver being bought hand-over-fist in China, a nation traditionally very attracted to silver ownership, far more so than gold.

When this cat gets out of the bag, there will be no putting it back in again.

JR

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I do want to urge people to be careful with buying gold or silver, because in a crash prices will fall.
Also one cannot eat it and indeed prices have skyrocketed, who says there isn't a bubble in gold and silver?
Looking at returns, stocks have always done well, as do treasurie bonds.
Gold is somewhat sideways and is only good when there is a inflation of the currency.
Having physchical gold or silver is a good thing when infation hits, but it won't double or generate profit.
It is only because of devaluating the fiat money that prices go up.
If the market crashes, prices of gold and silver go down aswell.
As for the gold not being there, i have to search for it but i know there was an article about secret transportation of tons of gold.

The banksters surely are not stupid, having seen Max Kaiser and his show on buying silver to bring JPMorgan down is really a laugh.
Everybody believe they are short? then bring some evidence on it because they know tenfold better than us what is going on and happening in the near future.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think the key question is why the push to buy gold and silver? Do you seriously think if TPTB know these are the real future you would even be hearing about this, or seeing constant barrage of buy precious metals now commercials? "They" do not care at all for your well being, you talk about the "MAN" so much being against we the people, yet you think now they are caring enough to let us in on the trick and let us share the wealth by owning the future currency, your deluding yourselves. It will always be us vs them and you better believe the average Joe would have no clue on what you can invest in for the future until "they" decide its time to cash out and we are the cashiers. Buying now while its at the highest is more than likely what they want. If you didnt buy in when it was $300 oz etc, its too late for that now, you will lose your butt , just like the stock market, you buy low, sell high. Buying high is for suckers.

Now Im not saying having a little bit to be safe is a bad idea, as these metals have always been around and will always have some perceived value, but like anything else, if it seems to good to be true, it is.

The Dollar is the one world currency and has been for a while, the work and time it took to get there was not for nothing, these guys running the show are not in their place of power by luck, they know what they are doing. It makes NO sense to undo all this and try to squeeze some other magical currency into the position , too much time and blood has been spent and the work is done already. The dollar is manipulated for sure, but always so it ends up where they need it to be when they need it to be there only, it will end up on top as always in the end when they want it that way.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by godddd
I do want to urge people to be careful with buying gold or silver, because in a crash prices will fall.
Also one cannot eat it and indeed prices have skyrocketed, who says there isn't a bubble in gold and silver?
Looking at returns, stocks have always done well, as do treasurie bonds.
Gold is somewhat sideways and is only good when there is a inflation of the currency.
Having physchical gold or silver is a good thing when infation hits, but it won't double or generate profit.
It is only because of devaluating the fiat money that prices go up.
If the market crashes, prices of gold and silver go down aswell.
As for the gold not being there, i have to search for it but i know there was an article about secret transportation of tons of gold.

The banksters surely are not stupid, having seen Max Kaiser and his show on buying silver to bring JPMorgan down is really a laugh.
Everybody believe they are short? then bring some evidence on it because they know tenfold better than us what is going on and happening in the near future.

Just about everything you said is wrong. I don't want to sound insulting, but the sheer ignorance is incredible, especially from someone who is giving "advice".

By the way, you can't "eat" stock either, but it can sure eat you up if you have some. Ask just about anyone who owns stock, the past few years have been wonderful!

And as for the person who owns precious metals, read up a post or two, they are actually doing very well.

As for JP Morgan, it is well known that they are one of the few big banks that have shorted silver for a long time.

For anyone who would like to deny ignorance, Google up Ted Butler, who is the world's greatest expert on the silver fraud, having written about it for a quarter century! He knows what he talking about. Also, try finding out what Israel Friedman is saying about silver. And Jason Hommel. And David Morgan. Here are people who KNOW silver better than anyone else, and have the track record to prove it.

Banks may know "ten-fold" batter than "us" about lots of things, but not better than people who have specialized in this important metal for decades. Again, read up a post or two, discover what one of your fellow ATSers has to share about the technology that silver is part of, the rarity of it, etc.

But, keep an open mind. You might learn something!

JR

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Yes last years were not to good, but i wasn't talking short term

and indeed one cannot eat stocks either but they generate profit which gold and silver do not.
I did not mean to go and anticipate them going higher and lower but having them on the long term from good managed company's.
It is really not giving advise, but food for thought.

And you give your insight on it, which is a good thing and yes i keep an open mind

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If Congress does not extend the Bush tax cuts, especially locking in the 15 percent capital gains tax rate; it will probably spark a stock market Selloff starting December 15 as investors move to lock in capital gains at a lower rate than the 20 percent it would jump to next year.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
If Congress does not extend the Bush tax cuts, especially locking in the 15 percent capital gains tax rate; it will probably spark a stock market Selloff starting December 15 as investors move to lock in capital gains at a lower rate than the 20 percent it would jump to next year.

Great point. And if that day comes, we'll see soon enough, those selling off will be putting their soon to be hyper inflated dollars where? California municipal bonds? NOT!!! Gold and silver in my opinion. So as the Dow falls I'll bet gold and silver will rise due to the demand. Just a very uneducated guess.

If you have not yet heard, there are rumblings that the Pelousi led Dems will not support the continuation of the current tax codes. The markets burped upward on hearing that Obama would continue the status quo into the next two years and I would bet a sheckle or two that the markets lurch downward tomorrow on this latest news.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Don't know where to post this,so here I am.
Buy silver,but it my be to late.
US dollar to collapse soon.
It's your best bet other than gold.
Research it.

K

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Nothing Has Changed in the Long-Term Direction for the Dollar!

The dollar will break out of the pattern to the downside and continue its long-term downtrend from that point. That’s because you can count on the Federal Reserve to continue to do what it does best — run the printing presses.

Ben Bernanke doesn’t count sheep in his sleep — he prints money in his sleep. He loves it!

The more abundant something becomes, the less value it has. The more scarce something becomes, the more value it has. So when you flood the world with dollars, you drive down the value of the buck.

Over time, there is no way to get around this fundamental tragedy. As long as the printing presses are running and our money has no “real” interest rate to attract any capital to it, it will continue to be shunned as the “dog” of currencies.

So which way is the dollar going in 2011? Both up and down — in that order. It will have another repeat of 2010’s action only because of the larger consolidation that’s going on. But its end is ugly! It will end up hitting all-time-never-seen-before lows. That will most likely happen within 12 months. Even if it takes 18 months, it’s still coming!

Knowing this, there’s never been a better time to take part of your money and get it out of dollars and into other currencies that don’t have their fundamentals compromised.

After all, the perfect opportunity to get out of dollars and into other currencies is when the dollar is in “rally mode.” That way, you’re getting more bang for your buck with the foreign currencies.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join