It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first 12 hours of a U.S. dollar collapse!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Mate it is ignorant people like you who will fall prey to THEM. I pray you realize before it is to late peace

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A reserve currency is the currency the world looks to for safety. Right now you have the Euro failing and war talk in the Koreas. The dollar just breached 80 on the dxy. As long as there is more turmoil somewhere else other than the United States the dollar will move up.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

its early i misread your response please forgive me....peace

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Guys, this video is complete BS. It is done by the NIA, a group that gets you to sign up, then sends you recommendations on penny stocks.

If you don't know what a penny stock is, it is any equity that literally costs pennies (4 cents for example) that can easily go up to 8 cents (a 100% return) if you get enough people to start buying. As the buying continues you sell at the top, and make a profit while everyone else loses.

This group thrives on fear mongering. First, if we get to the point of QE 3, then if there is any kind of trigger that will happen, it will then. You have to understand that currently the US is suffering from DEFLATION. We are just plugging holes. Also after QE 4 a bunch of idiot traders would push the Dow much beyond 14,000. Also gold would be much higher than in the video.
"
Also, the NIA really ignored reality as they mention in the video "people went to safety in the Euro." That is how you KNOW these people are idiots and just want you to sign up.

So everyone go ahead and goto inflation.us, get scared, sign up, and get scammed on some penny stocks. I really wish you people would stop getting scared and look at reality rather than letting other people pull the veil over your eyes.

It is quite pitiful to watch a bunch of "truthers" who claim to be ahead of the curve acting like goddamn sheep. Seriously, you all act like fools when it comes to the economy. Russia and China don't use the US dollar? WHO CARES! They barely used it to begin wtih to trade between themselves.

I have watched this forum for quite a while and finally signed up a few days ago because economically, you people have the herd mentality and intelligence of a fourth grader.

Sorry if you don't subscribe to the view that the world is ending tomorrow, and you had to read this diatribe. People, get a grip!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Great to raise awareness on this issue. Judging by the many clueless comments, this info is badly needed.

I also tend to think that a dollar collapse is in the cards, but I don't think it will be an "accident".

To me it looks like TPTB have plans already in the works, and they have tipped their hand, for those who can read between the lines.

An important example of what I'm talking about is public statements out of the IMF that strongly suggest that GOLD of all things, will be the saving grace of the world economy. In the not so distant past, any info that came from on-high was never allowed to even suggest that a return to the "barbarous relic" was possible. And yet, this is what has taken place. Trust me, this is hugely significant.

Of course, this has all happened before! In fact, the banksters actually have a fairly established modus operandi after all these years, so we need only look to the past, to see our future.

The trouble is there are two main permutations based on history, so "exactly" how it will play out is somewhat speculative so far. In the first case, we have precedent for a "world currency" in the past, and while it did not have quite the international perks that the USD was given, Pound Sterling was in fact a stable currency, with international status in the 19th century. Even today, the gold sovereign remains the most recognizable gold coin the world has ever known.

Two world wars would intervene, and in mostly controlled stages, Sterling was devalued, as the stage was set for the USD to take over. The point being that Sterling was devalued more or less slowly. Perhaps some very old person from the UK can recall some of this, although many years have now passed. Looking back, it was a tremendous crime against the British people, to go from a unit of value (the Pound) equivalent to approximately $400 USD today, to less than one percent of it's former glory. But, it was done over decades, and as a result, adjustments could be made without the kind of pain we know occurred in Weimar Germany.

But the Weimar Republic is that other scenario. One "survivor" of this hyperinflation I once heard told his story, and he said that NO ONE expected it, that when the hyperinflation hit, it struck "like lightning", he said no one was prepared. What happened very quickly was that proverbial wheelbarrows of currency weren't worth a loaf of bread, but the other side of the story was that gold and silver coins came out of the woodwork. Perhaps grandma had put some aside, but fortunately for them, those old coins had been in circulation not much earlier.

Now flash forward and compare this to our situation today: We know that almost NO ONE has any gold or silver. Silver coins haven't circulated in decades. The only gold the average person has is their tiny wedding ring. We could ask, what will we fall back on?

The answer might be something like "barter" at least temporarily, but the real moral of the story is that our masters have succeeded in divorcing the populace from their precious metals past, and so, it is our masters who will hold all the cards, just the way they planned it. This way, they can present us with their "solution" (to the problem they created in the first place).

That "solution" has traditionally been gold. Now these IMF announcements should make more sense. This is what the banksters do. They take hold of finance through their monopoly over fiat currency creation, and they bleed the system dry. A "collapse", or at least ugly depression naturally is a price to pay.

Next, they offer the solution, saying that fiat money "failed", and that the only way back to "sound money" is through "god's money" (or some such BS), which is GOLD.

Of course, the central banks hold almost all the gold in the world! Perfect! They have us exactly where they want us.

Note well that emerging political forces, like the Tea Party, are already halfway there, and will be the first to advocate gold as a solution once it is officially on the table. The pendulum does swing.

The good news is that precious metals do in fact offer at least temporary protection to anything catastrophic. And from my reading of official announcements, TPTB may indeed choose a swift collapse of the dollar, with the plan of installing a true world currency to take it's place. That transition will be very painful to Americans most especially, as their dollar-denominated bank balances go to zero worth overnight.

If a person has little liquid net worth, then probably just stick to canned food as preparation! But, if a person does want to preserve some of their hard earned savings, then it has ever been prudent to play the game using the same thing that the banksters enjoy as their Plan B, and that is gold (and silver). No, you can't eat it, but like many in Germany who found themselves with out it in that time of need, those of us who obey that ancient advice to simply hold 10 % in gold, will be glad they did. This isn't controversial at all, it has been conservative advice for many years.

JR

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
the reason the stock market goes up in this climate isn't because of value.
There is no increase in value on the american markets, the manufacturing that creates value is all off shore...
the increase in numbers is from INFLATION...
Well, once you put all the items that have been removed from the basket of indicators since Reagan's time back in the basket of indicators, that becomes painfully obvious

Well, for the common man, just gas up the car and go shopping, that will tell you about the real inflation rate.

but there has to be belief in that value to keep it..
so expect some denial
yesterday (wed 24 ) ther were 8000 sells to 1 buy on the s and p

edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Danbones, you are right that stocks increase with more quantitative easing. But it is not the QE that is actually pushing the stocks up (unless the Fed is buying securities themselves). It is the positive earning reports that keep us at a good level in the stock market, There will be a correction one of these days. Once company earnings start to reflect reality, once the banks have to give up their excess reserves because mortages are put back on their balance sheets, when major hedge funds are forced to liquidiate, when HFT trading becomes limited--all of these factors can easily contribute to a decline in equities.

Hedge Funds and prop trading desks provide liquidity. There is a term in finance called the liquidity premium. These funds trade so much that they essentially are the market makers of todays stock market, Pull them out and the markets will fall.

Additionaly the absence of HFT hedge funds means the liquidation of extremely large positions. Large sell-offs also trigger the market downward.

If the banks are forced to take all of the money from QE 2 and buy back the fraudulent mortgages, then the market will punish their stocks. The market seems to follow the problems of the banks (see September 2008).

Finally, if these earning reports stop hitting their targets, major sell offs will take place. That one is self explanatory.

With all of these forces colliding, it seems inevitable that the markets will fall again. Additionally, a fall in the markets would make many investors BUY BACK IN. If you think the Fed is trying to get the economy to a more normal state, a correction is necessary.

(Sorry this is to nepafrog, not you Danbones)
Go ahead and buy your gold. There are no fundamentals behind it. The only fundamental is that the world is over. And by the way, you are completely naive to think that a few ounces of gold will buy you "mercenaries." The government has much more than that, and so does every bank. Your argument falls flat on its face.

Please note I also don't recommend buying ammo and food. If you need to resort to that, there are many other things one needs to worry about. I would sit quietly with my cash (USD), watch the euro become worthless because the only solvent state within the union is Germany, and watch the value of those holdings surge. If you want to play on the momentum of gold, buy an ETF then sell and buy dividend-paying stocks when the market corrects.

But seriously, Mr. Confederate flag (which by the way, being from New Orleans, I actually look down upon you for being naive enough to espouse that as an avatar, whether it is sarcastic or not) please stop talking about the economy like you know anything. I keep looking at your posts, and they sound like a damn gold commercial. GET REAL!
edit on 26-11-2010 by glaucon because: Quoted wrong user when it came to buying mercenaries with gold. I am amazed by the stupidity. I know this is disrespectful, but how can I take seriously chicken little.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth

But the Weimar Republic is that other scenario. One "survivor" of this hyperinflation I once heard told his story, and he said that NO ONE expected it, that when the hyperinflation hit, it struck "like lightning", he said no one was prepared. What happened very quickly was that proverbial wheelbarrows of currency weren't worth a loaf of bread, but the other side of the story was that gold and silver coins came out of the woodwork. Perhaps grandma had put some aside, but fortunately for them, those old coins had been in circulation not much earlier.

Now flash forward and compare this to our situation today: We know that almost NO ONE has any gold or silver. Silver coins haven't circulated in decades. The only gold the average person has is their tiny wedding ring. We could ask, what will we fall back on?

The answer might be something like "barter" at least temporarily, but the real moral of the story is that our masters have succeeded in divorcing the populace from their precious metals past, and so, it is our masters who will hold all the cards, just the way they planned it. This way, they can present us with their "solution" (to the problem they created in the first place).

That "solution" has traditionally been gold. Now these IMF announcements should make more sense. This is what the banksters do. They take hold of finance through their monopoly over fiat currency creation, and they bleed the system dry. A "collapse", or at least ugly depression naturally is a price to pay.

Next, they offer the solution, saying that fiat money "failed", and that the only way back to "sound money" is through "god's money" (or some such BS), which is GOLD.

Of course, the central banks hold almost all the gold in the world! Perfect! They have us exactly where they want us.

Note well that emerging political forces, like the Tea Party, are already halfway there, and will be the first to advocate gold as a solution once it is officially on the table. The pendulum does swing.

The good news is that precious metals do in fact offer at least temporary protection to anything catastrophic. And from my reading of official announcements, TPTB may indeed choose a swift collapse of the dollar, with the plan of installing a true world currency to take it's place. That transition will be very painful to Americans most especially, as their dollar-denominated bank balances go to zero worth overnight.

If a person has little liquid net worth, then probably just stick to canned food as preparation! But, if a person does want to preserve some of their hard earned savings, then it has ever been prudent to play the game using the same thing that the banksters enjoy as their Plan B, and that is gold (and silver). No, you can't eat it, but like many in Germany who found themselves with out it in that time of need, those of us who obey that ancient advice to simply hold 10 % in gold, will be glad they did. This isn't controversial at all, it has been conservative advice for many years.

JR

Half of your statement is reasonable, the other half not. The reason hyperinflation is extremely unlikely is that the paper we are printing is held as excess reserves in banks. Without that money actually in the economy, one cannot fill wheelbarrows with cash. That is why the Weimar situation is not happen. The same is to be said of Zimbabwe. In both cases, the money was printed and handed out to people. In our case, the money is just being added to electronic banks and not being circulated at all in the economy.

The reasonable statement is 10% in gold. Even if gold is not a yielding asset, it is as you say a hedge against extremely tough times. As a result, definitely hold 10%. Beyond that and you are getting into sheeple territory.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
reply to post by Vesica

Do you realize the world leaders are trying to make a one world currency? =namingly the euro? peace

Hi,

If you think the Euro is going to be the one world currency, why don't you put all your money into it? DO NOT BE NAIVE!

I am stunned by the level of ignorance of some people. Just because you say "peace" at the end of your terribly wrong statements does not make them any more correct.

We already have effectively a one-world currency. That is the USD. Every other nation in the world holds USD in reserves. Therefore, most currencies are literally proxies of the USD. Why go through all the effort of forcing countries to buy euros when we already have an established system of one currency?

Face it guys. We already live in a one currency environment, with other currencies acting as proxies. If anyone thinks the Euro is going to be the one world currency, please send me a PM and we can set up a financial arrangement that will profit me very much.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well lets see here,
how is that dollar collapse coming along?

.......... hmmm, no apparent sight of doom,....
....guess we will have to wait a bit longer

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by glaucon

Half of your statement is reasonable, the other half not. The reason hyperinflation is extremely unlikely is that the paper we are printing is held as excess reserves in banks. Without that money actually in the economy, one cannot fill wheelbarrows with cash. That is why the Weimar situation is not happen. The same is to be said of Zimbabwe. In both cases, the money was printed and handed out to people. In our case, the money is just being added to electronic banks and not being circulated at all in the economy.

The reasonable statement is 10% in gold. Even if gold is not a yielding asset, it is as you say a hedge against extremely tough times. As a result, definitely hold 10%. Beyond that and you are getting into sheeple territory.

Well, considering your comments to Danbones, I guess being half reasonable is a compliment, thank you!

I suppose I would be surprised if someone living in New Orleans didn't agree with the traditional 10 % diversification, since it has always been a hedge, and you well know that tough times can hit.

As far as assigning a tiny "likelihood" to hyperinflation, well, I wish I had your faith!

As an agnostic, I try not to indulge in things like "faith" too much. Should I put faith in the US Dollar? How about gold? Actually, the prudent investor refuses to put "faith" in anything, and attempts to make allocations based on the reality that we don't know the future.

I notice you didn't attempt an interpretation of recent IMF statements treating of gold. No, I don't know the future any better than you do, but I would suggest that those at the helm of the global banking empire probably do know a bit more about what they have planned than you or I.

"What if" TPTB have a plan already, and further, they have revealed a few hints about that plan? Would it be wise to ignore them, preferring faith that terrible things just aren't "likely"?

This is where "faith" (or the lack thereof) can finally play a reasonable role in assessing things "likely". TPTB are in far more control than we often like to give them credit for. Yes, that implies that I have "faith" that they are fairly powerful, but we each must form a basis, or foundation for interpreting the many signals coming at us.

I have chosen to keep TPTB firmly in the center of whatever possibilities that I may be considering. I always try and ask, "What are they really up to?" Here's a corollary, "It may look like chance, but it's probably been planned."

Back to "hyperinflation". I mentioned the possibility that this might NOT happen when I brought up the history of Sterling. One thing is for sure, "if" TPTB are planning on A, or B, one will happen. I may be grateful if they were gentle about it, but I would be foolish to assume they will be. Not to mention, our masters are not gods actually, and even if they had planned on "A", things could take place that result in "B". So, we should be prepared for BOTH. However, considering we really don't need much preparation for the "slow" scenario, then logically, all we can do is prepare for the worst.

Obviously, I don't believe in going to defcom 4 like many posting about the virtues of gold, but then again, I try never to forget who owns almost all the gold. And that impacts my decisions too.

Oh yes, as far as the wheelbarrows go, that is the traditional image of hyperinflation, and I wouldn't get hung up on it. As I said, when whatever we have in our bank accounts buys nothing, it won't really matter if you have a physical wad of paper.

As far as the mitigating effect of having the USD serving as the world's reserve currency at the moment, granted, that has been the saving grace for the addled USA for a long time now. Will that somehow prevent hyperinflation? Maybe, maybe not. Such a thing absolutely depends upon cooperation at the highest level. If that breaks down, or is "allowed" to break down, then the jig could be up sooner than you think. In 12 hours? Yes, possibly. Which means that a military mobilization to help stop it would be largely moot. Something to consider.

Another clue that should not be ignored is that many nations have been significantly increasing their gold reserves, as they use gold as one more attempt to diversify out of the USD, without killing themselves in the process. The writing may be on the wall, we just have to be able to see it.

I'd like to rephrase something you assert. You say that hyperinflation is "extremely unlikely". Unless you are friends with Bernanke or someone at that level, then you might as well say, "I trust! I trust that they won't let this happen." (Actually, that might be more logical than saying it "can't" happen...)

I would sugest that TPTB can indeed make it happen, if they want to, when they want to. They may also think that they have good reasons to do it, especially if we realize that they have desired a true world currency for a long time now. The decades-old dollar hegemony never was supposed to last forever. There will come a time, maybe sooner, maybe later, but it will have to go, in favor of something even more "global".

And as far as trust goes, it doesn't really go too far these days! As a result, don't be too sure that the sheeple are going to want to jump back into a "bargain" stock market. People have learned, many the hard way, that holding stock in a company is pretty much "trusting" the people running that company. And what we have seen many times since Enron is that we would be foolish to place too much trust in people who are virtually history's greatest thieves.

Interesting times we're living in. Got gold?

JR

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Did anyone notice the date?

December 19th 2012 ie; the end of the mayan calendar. The end of this "world".

Sounds like Inflation.us sees that date as a symbolic end of our current era, and the beginning, albeit, with much 'birth pangs' of a new one.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
edit on 26-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't think most people realize what a dollar collapse looks like in reality, or they would have been complaining since at least the seventies. It is all about purchasing power.
We have real inflation, real steady inflation. No need to worry about a sudden "collapse" I don't think, just more and more people that can't buy things. Steadily more.
Like the steady inflation, we may or may not notice the steady increase in crime. We may not notice or be aware because, unless we are affected directly or our neighborhood is, we rely on the news to report such things. They may simply choose not to alarm us...treat national civil unrest as "isolated" incidents. Yes, keep watching the television to get your reality.

People here on ATS sometimes talk over their own heads. If everyone that posted just posted their own honest experiences within our economy, a realistic picture would emerge. This picture would illustrate the real affects of a declining "real" economy, that is, what is REAL to you and me.
All of this talk about the dollar is counterproductive. Why? Because the game is rigged. The market is rigged. You are looking in the wrong direction, you are looking at "their" economy.
The economy as YOU and I know it, was not produced by Wall Street or the government. Unless you are a wall street or government insider trader (don't split hairs please), you are a liability or a potential producer and "they" have no motivation to help you produce, or provide you and I with an economy... only to extract the dollar from producers to give to the liabilities. Do you really think they want to make that dollar worthless. Worth less, yes, but not worthless.

Get off the grid, but the grid isn't going anywhere.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thanks OP for posting the video. I agree with much on the video's possible scenario but I regretfully disagree on the run on the stores and riots in the streets.The date used is for 2012 but the current vibe is it being a lot sooner than 2012 as in the next month or two, guess he used that date for dramatics. Anyway, the average Americans will not understand what had happened and they sure as heck won't realize anything is out of wack until 24 to 48 hours, or worst yet weeks later. Remember the MSM will keep the truth minimized, the only people dishing out the truth in it's full color will be from the internet and some offbeat radio broadcasts.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Check out this related article... It is pretty well researched and supports this OP video (which is also in the article).

Currency Crisis! So What Happens If The Dollar And The Euro Both Collapse?

Some analysts are warning that the U.S. dollar is in danger of collapse because of the exploding U.S. government debt, the horrific U.S. trade deficit and the new round of quantitative easing recently announced by the Federal Reserve. Other analysts are warning the the euro is in danger of collapse because of the very serious sovereign debt crisis that is affecting nations such as Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Belgium and Spain. So what happens if the dollar and the euro both collapse? Well, it would certainly throw the current world financial order into a state of chaos, but what would emerge from the ashes? Would the nations of the world go back to using dozens of different national currencies or would we see a truly global currency emerge for the very first time?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
I don't think most people realize what a dollar collapse looks like in reality, or they would have been complaining since at least the seventies. It is all about purchasing power.
We have real inflation, real steady inflation. No need to worry about a sudden "collapse" I don't think, just more and more people that can't buy things. Steadily more.
Like the steady inflation, we may or may not notice the steady increase in crime. We may not notice or be aware because, unless we are affected directly or our neighborhood is, we rely on the news to report such things. They may simply choose not to alarm us...treat national civil unrest as "isolated" incidents. Yes, keep watching the television to get your reality.

People here on ATS sometimes talk over their own heads. If everyone that posted just posted their own honest experiences within our economy, a realistic picture would emerge. This picture would illustrate the real affects of a declining "real" economy, that is, what is REAL to you and me.
All of this talk about the dollar is counterproductive. Why? Because the game is rigged. The market is rigged. You are looking in the wrong direction, you are looking at "their" economy.
The economy as YOU and I know it, was not produced by Wall Street or the government. Unless you are a wall street or government insider trader (don't split hairs please), you are a liability or a potential producer and "they" have no motivation to help you produce, or provide you and I with an economy... only to extract the dollar from producers to give to the liabilities. Do you really think they want to make that dollar worthless. Worth less, yes, but not worthless.

Get off the grid, but the grid isn't going anywhere.

Very eloquent post (a take from another perspective) and gave me pause as to what's really happening. Thank you for your input.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish

I wonder how they chose the dollar values for gold, silver, etc. $4000 / ounce for gold, kinda sensationalist.

I'm not sold on the fiat currency implosion just yet... while the system is wrought with untold amounts of corruption, scams and what-not... that has a stabilizing effect as well. When there are no rules for those who are running the game, they can keep changing them and always find something to keep the system going. Following the rules is what will make the system collapse, and to be honest, I don't see that happening any time soon.

1. those seem pretty accurate gold spot price projections: speculation aside, my uncle who only recently sold his large gold-silver commodity firm in NV said 5 YEARS ago many in the business were predicting $3000/oz at current fiat currency problem levels, and were musing about complete dollar collapse levels of...ready for this?....

$30,000/oz.

2. Corruption only enhances instability, as it is opaque and non-transparent. The only one who benefits from corruption are those enmeshed in the network.

3. Real question is: how much gold does one keep on hand, considering there are 80 million americans with guns ready to take your gold, food, and life?

peace

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Babybunnies, you know if you do not agree with what someone says then just say so. There is no need to be so rude, you are just embarrassing yourself.

Peace,

Seq
edit on 26-11-2010 by Sequentis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Great Video, with the world being the way it is just now I guess anything is possible. Whether things will ever get that bad we will just have to wait and see, and hope it does not.

Peace,

Seq

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It would not surprise me if we were to find out that people who sell precious metals are behind this. It was mentioned enough in the video to make me wonder why they're trying to sell so much fear...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join