It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq to finally form a government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
BAGHDAD – Iraq's president on Thursday asked incumbent Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to form a new government, part of a deal to end an eight-month deadlock over who would lead the country through the next four years, including the departure of the final American troops.
The long-awaited request from President Jalal Talabani sets in motion a 30-day timeline to accomplish the daunting task of finding a team that includes all of Iraq's rival factions.
"I know and you know well that the responsibility I am undertaking is not an easy task especially in the current circumstances that our country is passing through," al-Maliki said after accepting Talabani's request.
The new government is expected to include all the major factions, including the Kurds, Shiite political parties aligned with Iran and a Sunni-backed bloc that believes it should have been the one leading the next government.
Many of the politicians were in the room with al-Maliki and Talabani when the announcement was made in a show of unity that belies the country's often divisive politics.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
edit on 25-11-2010 by ajniss because: deleting non related news to the article

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Iran has one more country under its wings.

Not long ago Azerbiajan said that it is against US bases in the country and would not allow US to use its territory against Iran.

When people ask why US fears Iran? I think it is because US can't buy countries with toys anymore lol, countries are growing up, and becoming mature.

new topics

join