It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warns Ottawa of WikiLeak release

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

www.cbc.ca

The U.S. government has notified Ottawa that the WikiLeaks website is preparing to release sensitive U.S. diplomatic files that could damage U.S. relations with allies around the world.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Talk about being very preemptive..

It is like walking up to one of your friends and saying.. hey, some things are going to come out that I said about you.. but don't take it personal..

This may be something that really needs to be picked apart by anyone with a net connection.

I am just dumbfounded.. it is not often that the U.S.A. gives apologies for something beforehand.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I don't think US is that stupid.

I think this is controlled leak.

It has always been.

Talks such as this is spread to give Wikileaks more credibility.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

A State Department spokesman said Wednesday the release of confidential communications about foreign governments probably will erode trust in the United States as a diplomatic partner.

Do the US already know what truths will be revealed and are trying to soften the blow??
Is there any country the US really believe are allies?

This sounds very strange to me..Obviously if this is true it means the US has said things Canada would find offensive..Does the US just want to pi^% off everyone?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Do the US already know what truths will be revealed and are trying to soften the blow??

They know exactly what is coming out... but not because it is a controlled leak. It is a leak that they cannot stop. Assange is too wide known for this activity to be dealt with the way they wish at this point.

Now the next step is to hedge all bets and start apologizing in advance.
edit on 25-11-2010 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Haha, you mean damage ties with people and their governments.

This release is building up some big tension.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

But, hey.. they call it due diligence!

Hedging your bets... because you know its coming out .. just not how much and how extensive.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Personally I feel the whole thing has been orchestrated by the current administration.. simply because it feels like these leaks are an extension of a policy to undermine the relationship of America and Americans with their allies, isolating Americans from nations and peoples that would otherwise support them.

I, myself have succumb at times to those feelings, not of being anti-American or wishing harm befalls America, but of holding the view that America [under the current administration] is not a nation I trust or consider a friend.

So I'm defiantly interested in what the puppet masters leaks will say this time..

edit on 25/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
god damn, if it is what they say it is, it will be remarkable.

I mean think about it, all those back room conversations between allies, and the people in the know!

Imagine all the communications between US govt handlers in Iraq, and their officials back in Washington in the 2002-2003 period.

It would destroy the US on the world stage, BUT... im pretty sure each nation knows the lengths to which it has been going on inside their own borders.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
just more hype.

expected of wikileaks.

there will be more.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

So it seems the USA is going through one nation at a time letting them know before hand of the leak just what is going on when the doors are closed in Washington DC.

"Sorry Canada, your cool and all, but we have been actually backstabbing you this whole time to keep you militarily oppressed so you would never have a chance to take our place as the world leader."

"Canada, even though we have not been actually so nice in reality and we mock your eh's but we just want to let you know that we are sorry and we're still buds,,,,,,,,Right???"

This must be embarrassing to all parties..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's my opinion that the comments originating in the news story highlighted by the opening post, and attributed to the US government, are a fabricated pretext so as to create a urgent need to shut down WikiLeaks.

Diplomacy relies on back-room conversations and secret memos that are often worded in such a manner as to possibly be embarrassing to more than one party. If "allies" begin to be convinced the "embarrassment" will be mutual and damaging, there will be unilateral cooperation in destroying and eliminating WikiLeaks.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if they released details of U.S. global domination tactics on how we plan to take over the world.

Wouldn't that open some eyes!

I'm sure we have plans like that somewhere.....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
"The U.S. government has notified Ottawa that the WikiLeaks website is preparing to release sensitive U.S. diplomatic files that could damage U.S. relations with allies around the world."

...So why the hell would we not want to see these files? We need the US to warn us about diplomatic files that could damage US-Canadian relations? We should just ignore these files and continue getting raped by American corporate/political/military interests?

What a bunch of idiots.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Looks like the US Government's lies are catching up on them.

Their allies will be like: OH RLY!?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Their allies will be like: OH RLY!?

Only if the allies have their heads up their own wazoo...

After all, when you have a government that screws its own people, how can anyone be surprised that they are screwing their "allies"?
edit on 25-11-2010 by endlessknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well this could be VERY interesting,We (Canadians) stand by you and take the riens in Afganistan and are not being a pussy like all the EU troops (not you Great Britain) And what do we get more of your Bull#,"oops were sorry". I figure this if this is a real nasty leak we shut off the oil taps from northern Alberta and when you have no fuel for your war machine( dont forget 81% of all your fuel comes from Canada) second we still have all this fresh drinking water that flows down there,it would be a shame if it wasnt clean by time it left Canada???so dont try any of that invasion #.
Polite and Friendly yes we are till you back stab us.
Be a Good FRIEND and dont gossip it will bite you in the ass..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
maybe we have genespliced there bc bud to make them more stupider.sorry for the spelling as i just got back from vancouver.we are all brothers of the world.i believe murder must be what keeps the economy of the world goin.otherwise why all the wars?i have traveled all over north america and in each place i went i searched for weed and scored .not once have i been attacked or threatened with murder.just the opposite .only one time in twenty years was i ripped off.99.9% percent of the people ive met hav been kind and understanding.its the wealthy that want to instill fear and create war.not the poor and middle class.i think it might be time to kill them and their children.for the rest of us have learned to live in peace.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
oh and as an american i have to say,youcanadians are some great people and i personally have no problems with any of yall.yall may actually have your # together better than us.i personally think most of our politicians have mad cow disease.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I just have one thing to say!
Why in the world are we already battling with one another when we don't even know what is supposed to be leaked out? Let's just wait and see, if there's somethings that was said and all of the sudden governments are saying "Oops!", then we can talk about it in here. In the mean time -RELAX- people!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join