It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and Russia Quit the U.S. Dollar??....Here is where we start!!!!! China!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
O.K so game on! I'll start with China. You want to "Quit the U.S. dollar?" The U.S. should quit the Chinese junk they sell over here! Think about it! No more lead poisoned toys for our children to choke on! No more crap appliances sold in our stores! And what I believe to be the best "positive." NO MORE WAL-MART!!!! This is just the tip of the Iceberg! There are probably 1000 more positive aspects to halt trade with China! Shall we name a few more? Please, feel free to add!

As far as Russia is concerned, meh....Could care less one way or another. Thoughts on Russia? Please feel free to add!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Doesn't china supply a lot of parts and assemblies in critical systems to the US military....?
just wondering..
Russia uses valves (tubes) in their gear and it isn't cheap chinee...advantage Russ...
I dunno, thoughts?
edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
China practically owns the USA at this point.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
From the other side, no more work for millions of Chinese.What will they do instead? I hate to say it,but the only answer to all of this is war . I think the time for peace is running out .

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

It doesn't have to be war. It's a bargaining chip. The Government will cave if we stop importing crap/contaminated goods from their country. (I believe everything they produce is crap and/or contaminated in some way) Accept the U.S. Dollar and improve your products or you all starve.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Maybe we(consumers) should all boycott everything made in China? Check the labels on everything you buy. It would only take 1/2 of the country participating in this to make a difference. It could happen....right? lol

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

China still uses the dollar in its international trading, as does Russia...

however, when trading between the two, Russia and China use thier own currency and not the dollar.

at least that is what I grapsed from the articles I have read

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yes a lot of products are inferior but that is why they are cheap,And people buy it because its cheap and they think they are getting a bargain.The problem is, anything of quality these days is to expensive so you either save up your pennies and wait or have everything now .Disposable societies need/want disposable goods .

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Nahhhh Your overreacting. Just don't let them read the blueprints to our medical devices. If they don't do the assembly, they'll never figure out they have the upper hand. Oh... WAIT! Oh... sigh. We're doomed.

No WAIT! Don't tell them they're getting the upper hand... They'll never figure it out..

NO wait!! We won't tell them... OH..

UH OH!!.. What currency should I buy to avoid this calamity?

UH OH.. They're figuring it out!

Now what?

Rats! Got outsmarted by our own greed.. NOW what?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
O.K so game on! I'll start with China. You want to "Quit the U.S. dollar?" The U.S. should quit the Chinese junk they sell over here! Think about it! No more lead poisoned toys for our children to choke on! No more crap appliances sold in our stores! And what I believe to be the best "positive." NO MORE WAL-MART!!!! This is just the tip of the Iceberg! There are probably 1000 more positive aspects to halt trade with China! Shall we name a few more? Please, feel free to add!

As far as Russia is concerned, meh....Could care less one way or another. Thoughts on Russia? Please feel free to add!

Stop acting as if you got sand in your patriot vagina. This is a purely economical decision. It's just not practical to have the world's currency rely on only 1 country currency as a base. Because if that single country's economy collapses, we all suffer. All that is an effect of globalization, and whether you like it or not, you can't rewind the clock and stop globalization and free trade.

It makes a lot more sense economically to have a currency base consisting of a basket of currencies. It'll be a lot more stable and less affected by financial crisis.

Totally understandable move, good for the world economy

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I'm saying China and Russia are dumping our dollar in a clear attempt to undermine the US. Possibly in the shadow of the North Korea strike on the south. Things are happening all around us, open your eyes Mr. Sandy Vagina

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Nahhhh Your overreacting. Just don't let them read the blueprints to our medical devices. If they don't do the assembly, they'll never figure out they have the upper hand. Oh... WAIT! Oh... sigh. We're doomed.

No WAIT! Don't tell them they're getting the upper hand... They'll never figure it out..

NO wait!! We won't tell them... OH..

UH OH!!.. What currency should I buy to avoid this calamity?

UH OH.. They're figuring it out!

Now what?

Rats! Got outsmarted by our own greed.. NOW what?

Can you elaborate to what your post means?
Medical Devices?..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I'm saying China and Russia are dumping our dollar in a clear attempt to undermine the US. Possibly in the shadow of the North Korea strike on the south. Things are happening all around us, open your eyes Mr. Sandy Vagina

Look at it from their perspective, if it was your money...what would you do? You can't blame people for doing business without breaking the law.

What about all the people in the US who sold dollars like mad to buy gold? Did they "undermine" the US too?

I've sold the last of my US$ for Swiss Franks and gold around 2 years ago when the crisis started...I did that because it was common sense if my goal is to make money. I didn't do it to harm the US.

Are you seriously expecting China/Russia keep sitting on a depreciating currency if they have alternatives?

top topics

join