It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dire end times prophecy that you probably haven't seen

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

I have had a think over your answers and agree with most of what you said. The only thing I urge you to consider is that there are some fundamental differences in core beliefs and expressions in these beliefs. (After all, religion is not simply to do with believing in a deity.) To say that adherents of Christianity, Islam and Judaism share the same ideals, adhere to the same laws and express their beliefs in the same fashion is misleading. The "God" figure of all 3 might be the same, but there are other significant aspects to each religion that should be taken into consideration.
edit on 26/11/2010 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by Good Intentions

I have had a think over your answers and agree with most of what you said. The only thing I urge you to consider is that there are some fundamental differences in core beliefs and expressions in these beliefs. (After all, religion is not simply to do with believing in a deity.) To say that adherents of Christianity, Islam and Judaism share the same ideals, adhere to the same laws and express their beliefs in the same fashion is misleading. The "God" figure of all 3 might be the same, but there are other significant aspects to each religion that should be taken into consideration.
edit on 26/11/2010 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

First, I appreciate you taking the time out to consider my argument rather than the way many on ATS would handle it. Second, this might of been my fault for not claryfying, but I did not mean to imply their core beliefs where all the same. What I was trying to do was explain that the difference between the three are in their ideals, and what they believe god "represents" for a lack of better word, rather than believing in a different God. I was using that as an example as a way to show that although they differ in language and specific rules/ideals etc., they are merely different approaches to the same God. The example I used with Christianity being formed somewhat represents this, considering Christianity is merely an extention of Jesus' faith in Judaism, in that the major difference is only Jesus' emphasis on compassion and a different approach to the laws in Judaism. I was attempting to use an analogy to show that like Judaism's "Yahweh", and Christianity's "God", Islam has it's own word it.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Good Intentions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
(8) till wealth will be in abundance ---- so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his money, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it,

this made me think of this straight away www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Since Muslim, Jews and Christians start with the old testament, I think it would be safe to say God and Allah are the same. Right?

Kinda cancels out some of your earlier statements.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join