It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dire end times prophecy that you probably haven't seen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The Sun will rise from the West when the pole shift happens.
North will be south, East will be West

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Originally posted by Advantage
. "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is His Messenger"

But that passage is still calling Allah "god" so arent we pretty much back to square one?

This isnrt exactly what I wanted. but maybe it will explain the system of belief to you better than I can. It may help with yur particular view on this prophecy:

We will discuss the meaning of worship in Islam below, however, before moving on it should be noted that many non-Muslims are unaware of the distinction between simply believing in the existence of only One God and reserving all worship for Him alone. Many Christians are painfully unaware of this point, and thus you often find them asking how Muslims can accuse the followers of Jesus, peace be upon him, of being "polytheists" when they were all "monotheistic Jews". First of all, it should be clarified that the word "polytheist" doesn't really sound right in this context, since to many it implies simply believing in the existence of more than one God. So in an Islamic context, "associators", "man-worshippers" or "creature worshippers" might be more accurate and appropriate terms - especially since Christians believe Jesus to be both "100% God and 100% man", while still paying lip-service to God's "Oneness". However, as we're previously touched upon, what is really at the root of this problem is the fact that Christians - as well as the members of other religions - don't really know what "monotheism" means - especially in the Islamic sense. All of the books, articles and papers that I've read which were written by Christians invariably limit "monotheism" to believing in the existence of "One Sovereign and Creator God". Islam, however, teaches much more than this.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Well, nit-picking seems to be the flavor of the day recently, and I hate to do this.. really.. but Allah isnt another term for God when referencing it within the Koran. "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is His Messenger" .This signifies that this God is above all others and all others are false. Now it is true that Christian arabs and Jewis h arabs use the term Allah in reference to their god, but when quoting or dealing with the Koran, you need to realize that its very clear about just who Allah is and isnt in that context. You will also read propaganda .. pretty clever too.. about Allah being the same God as the god of Moses. All this means is that the Christian God does not exist and Allah is the one true god. That the god of the christians and jews is a false god. WHen you read this all it means is that your bible is wrong and your beliefs mark you as the infidel only deserving of death for being an abhorrent thing in Allahs eyes, your only choice is to accept the Allah who's messenger is Muhammad of the Koran.

Get it?
I dont dislike Muslims any more than I dislike Christians or Jews.. so forget that argument. Im pointing out the contextual truth concerning the usage of the work Allah when specifically quoting or dealing the Koran and Islam.

Yes, its nitpicky and silly, but very important at the same time.

Sadly, we're still arguing semantics. I see the point you're trying to make. Can we at least agree that if there is a god, there's only one? And in fact we are all worshiping the same god? Now to argue my point some more. You say that it says in the Quran, "There is no god but Allah, and his messenger is Muhammad." However, it was originally in a language that you can't read. Is it possible that it actually says "there is no diety but God, and his messenger is Muhammad?" Also, every Muslim I've talked to (and two of my best friends growing up were muslim) say that the three religions(Judaism, christianity, and Islam) all share the same god. We're arguing semantics about things that we're written in languages other than our own....

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

like I said before... the actual reverse might happen in a few days.
But indeed it's already happening (preparing)... just look how many earthquakes and volcano eruptions...
However their are different explanations for the reason why the poles will shift,.. like Nibiru or Nemesis entering our solar system....

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

. "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is His Messenger"

But that passage is still calling Allah "god" so arent we pretty much back to square one?

Nope. Im sorry, I cant make it any clearer than I have. Maybe someone with more skill in breaking it down will come along. The religion is monotheistic, but the belief is polytheistic. There are several gods and Allah is the only true god. Youre reading it with a western perspective.

No I get that, I just mean its pointless to nitpick at because if someone is talking about Islam and they say god and everyone has an understanding of who the true god of the religion is, it should be inferred. You are making it deeper and more complicated than it actually is.
edit on 24-11-2010 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
No ghost, youre not understanding... read my previous post.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Sorry, this is why I dont even try much anymore. SOme refuse to see it in any other way than with a western perspective and thats why they dont get the full idea of the prophecy. I give up, I wasnt arguing, I wanted you to see what all that particular excerpt meant after understanding the perspective in which it was written. ,

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

About time passing more quickly, I'd say days are more stressful than ever before. More technology means less effort but more tasks.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The magnetic poles are where the are because of the rotation of the solid iron core in the center of the planet. If the magnetic poles weakened or disappeared it would be due to the slowing or stopping of the rotation of the core. If you can think of a force powerful enough to step in the way of the massive inertia of the planet earth I am all ears. Likewise the rotation of the core of the earth would have to reverse to reverse the poles. Either that or the core must flip 180° on its central axis. Another theory that needs an explanation as to how and why that would occur.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Question I keep seeing the pole shift mentioned over and over and over. And I understand the basic mechanics behind it but something is confusing me. Maybe you guys could clear it up for me. About 10 years ago, I was watching a special on a show called Nova (a science show that comes on pbs) about the upcoming pole shift. This is way before the idea was so mainstream. But anyways, in this program they said we were overdue for a pole shift and that it is a process. The beginning is the weakening of the current magnetic poles, which has already been seen. Then they went on to say one day the magnetic poles would just dissapear all together. During this time the scientists on the program said that we would be more susceptible to solar radiation, the incidences of cancer would increase, and the night sky would be really beautiful pretty much anywhere despite light radiation. And then one day the poles would reappear, reversed. So my question is, where does the idea come from that it would be an instant change?

there are 2 types of pole shifting

1) magnetic poles - this is when the magnetic field surrounding earth changes polarity causing the magentic north to swap with the south.

2) Crustal displacement - this is when the physical poles of the earth change position, currently we are at a 23 degree inclination- after the shift its suggested that it will be any where from 40 degrees to 60 degrees. but in theory it could be more than that.

some even believe that the earth will stop its current clockwise rotation. stop rotating completely for 3 days, and then start back up in a counter(anti)clockwise rotation. this would indeed cause the sun to rise from the west.

of course I also believe but might be mistaken, once the earths magnetic field changes polarity, wouldn't all our compasses start reading with the sunrise in the west, without any other physical pole shift?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

But it HAS occured, many times, in earths history. It has been proven in most naturally-magnetic substances on earth. Its not a question of if, but how.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

If there was a magnetic shift, it would all depend, but scientists believe it would be a N-S shift, meaning comasses would now read south as north and north as south.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
The magnetic poles are where the are because of the rotation of the solid iron core in the center of the planet. If the magnetic poles weakened or disappeared it would be due to the slowing or stopping of the rotation of the core. If you can think of a force powerful enough to step in the way of the massive inertia of the planet earth I am all ears. Likewise the rotation of the core of the earth would have to reverse to reverse the poles. Either that or the core must flip 180° on its central axis. Another theory that needs an explanation as to how and why that would occur.

coriolis effect, much like you see with the northern and southern hemisphere having opposite weather patterns. I believe northern is clockwise and southern is counter(anti)clockwise. this split is at the equator.

one theory suggests that as we pass the galactic equator the earth will change its rotation. going from its current clockwise motion into a counterclockwise rotation once we actually pass the galactic equator

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

If there was a magnetic shift, it would all depend, but scientists believe it would be a N-S shift, meaning comasses would now read south as north and north as south.

yeah, that is my belief also, it only makes sense.

if the magnetic field swaps polarity, north becomes south, and suddenly the sun does in fact rise in the west

there is no need for a physical pole shift to see this come true

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Sorry, this is why I dont even try much anymore. Some refuse to see it in any other way than with a western perspective and thats why they dont get the full idea of the prophecy. I give up, I wasnt arguing, I wanted you to see what all that particular excerpt meant after understanding the perspective in which it was written. ,

You're the one refusing to see it from a different perspective. I can understand you, it's just you're wrong. Have you ever talked to muslims to see what they actually believe? The bible says stuff that most people interpret much differently than what it says word for word. on the other hand, there's always people who interpret things very literally. Have you never heard the term arguing semantics? because that's what you're doing, and I as well. Muslims in the middle east think Americans are infidels, not christians. they accept jesus was a prophet.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

yeah, that is my belief also, it only makes sense.

if the magnetic field swaps polarity, north becomes south, and suddenly the sun does in fact rise in the west

there is no need for a physical pole shift to see this come true

Technically the north magnetic pole is in the south geographic pole.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

yeah I know... heh

I didn't want to confuse people even more by pointing that one out. people have a hard enough time understanding that pole shift could mean a few different things

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374

Sorry, this is why I dont even try much anymore. Some refuse to see it in any other way than with a western perspective and thats why they dont get the full idea of the prophecy. I give up, I wasnt arguing, I wanted you to see what all that particular excerpt meant after understanding the perspective in which it was written. ,

You're the one refusing to see it from a different perspective. I can understand you, it's just you're wrong. Have you ever talked to muslims to see what they actually believe? The bible says stuff that most people interpret much differently than what it says word for word. on the other hand, there's always people who interpret things very literally. Have you never heard the term arguing semantics? because that's what you're doing, and I as well. Muslims in the middle east think Americans are infidels, not christians. they accept jesus was a prophet.

Incredible.. yes, I lived in Iran for 5 years and my husband's ex is from Iran originally, her dad was the Shah's cardiologist in Tehran, and we are all pretty close. Geez.. some of you deserve to wallow in not knowing and grasping in the dark. Yes, christians are infidels ... wow.. all I can say is WOW. You have NO idea. I see this thread has made up its mind already where it is going. No more need for me here.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374

Incredible.. yes, I lived in Iran for 5 years and my husband's ex is from Iran originally, her dad was the Shah's cardiologist in Tehran, and we are all pretty close. Geez.. some of you deserve to wallow in not knowing and grasping in the dark. Yes, christians are infidels ... wow.. all I can say is WOW. You have NO idea. I see this thread has made up its mind already where it is going. No more need for me here.

please tell me where in the quran does it say that christians are infidels?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Oh yeah, it doesn't say christians are infidels. It says non-believers are infidels. BIG difference. Muslims think that christians are believers. Of course theyre are some psycho muslims who do think christians are non-believers, more so now especially after we've invaded two of their countries while calling ourselves christians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join