It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the real deal of History Channel's "UFO Hunters"???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The History Channel is owned by General Electric. Look into that one for a while!

EDIT: WHOOPS! Guess what? Things have changed since last time I looked. NOW, Disney owns 42% and GE owns 16%. That's as far as I dig. It's in your hands now. The connections and history between just these two super powers should provide noobies to this expose, months and months [weeks and weeks at the least] of research [if you dig deep enough]. Have fun!
edit on 24-11-2010 by wrathofall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathofall
The History Channel is owned by General Electric. Look into that one for a while!

And that, right there, is 'nuff said.

Well played

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My question would be why is all this information being allowed in the public domain if the government or people in power don't want this to be general knowledge? I would suggest that what you see on these programs is no more than what "somebody" wants you to see/believe.

I've just watched the whole series of ancient aliens, amazing stuff, but why? Why publicity for the unknown? And why now?
It's always in the back of my mind when viewing.

Could have something to do with the possibility of a new religion being implemented.
(so I've heard)
Preparing the human concious for acceptance of gods in a new form?

Another programme that has me questioning why is conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura, surely he should be dead for some of the info he's bringing up against the government, but their just letting him get on with it?

Something doesn't fit?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
no my friend i see the same thing to and it really pushes my buttons when the one guy any you know who im talking about cause hes the only skeptic in the whole tv show. its like how much more evidence do you need like the time when they found that ufo artifact lol i think the show woude be soooooo much better if they just got rid of all the F-en skeptics. but i enjoy ancient astronauts way more than ufo hunters any way its like the two shows are trying to contradict another but i find ancient astronauts more credible than (skeptic hour ufo hunters!)

GOOD POST MATE IM GONA HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS ONE!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by impostah

Fantastic observation! It's because they DO want the public to know. There are many reasons behind it. But one of the biggest reasons is that these people want the pleasure of knowing they gave it all to us and we did nothing with it. So they can sleep at night, knowing the slaughter of billions of useless, stupid, people is justified in their minds. They told us so. They set us up and we let them. Hide in plain sight, laugh behind closed doors.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

hmmmmmm intriguing, why would they put any effort/money into that when they could just do it, seems like it would just be making life harder for themselves?

But then again I suppose it also goes hand in hand with creating more enemies, by creating more "conspiracy theorists" or believers of heretic views, more people are in line for extermination if a police state is implemented.

I'm surprised more people arent aware of alex jones' infiltration of the bohemian grove too, seems like that was all a little easy to do...

What do you guys make of him?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
And I'm certain they haven't hunted ANY UFO's in any episode yet.

Agreed
How exactly do you 'hunt' a UFO anyway? I have seen them do more debunking then presenting anything new

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stargazer88
no my friend i see the same thing to and it really pushes my buttons when the one guy any you know who im talking about cause hes the only skeptic in the whole tv show. its like how much more evidence do you need like the time when they found that ufo artifact lol i think the show woude be soooooo much better if they just got rid of all the F-en skeptics. but i enjoy ancient astronauts way more than ufo hunters any way its like the two shows are trying to contradict another but i find ancient astronauts more credible than (skeptic hour ufo hunters!)

GOOD POST MATE IM GONA HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS ONE!!!!!!!

"Ancient Astronauts" is definitely better than "UFO Hunters", 'cause is a show that doesn't discredits itself and you has Erick Von Dänniken in the production. The guys of "Ancient Astronauts" have demonstrated that there were electrical lamps inside Dendera's temple, that the Khufu pyramid was a huge microwaves reactor, they have proven that there's atomic radiation and glazed soil in some places of India, mentioned in ancient scriptures as targets of ancient nuke wars....
Anyway, despite the fact that the "UFO Hunters" seem to be psy-ops, I'm still watching them 'cause I've learned lots of stuffs that I didn't know: Locations of suspect military bases, UFO spots, old school cases, new names of UFO researchers, new references and also I'm improving my scientific knowledge.
edit on 11/24/2010 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Originally posted by mobtek
yup noticed and star

Have you noticed something else I didn't??? I feel that Birnes and Uskert are really honest and being sabotaged by their own production.

Oh quite even though Birnies comes across as a bit of a nut at times. Uskert at least is willing to admit when he can't find an explanation for something.
But it is entertainment and as such if they started examining cases and coming out on the side of it is a real verifiable phenomena then it wouldn't rate well (it's cancelled now isn't it?) as the format they used let the TV watching drones to stay in their comfort zone at the end, phew! Making people uncomfortable isn't profitable. Unless you like that kind of thing

edit on 24-11-2010 by mobtek because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Portugoal
And I'm certain they haven't hunted ANY UFO's in any episode yet.

Agreed
How exactly do you 'hunt' a UFO anyway? I have seen them do more debunking then presenting anything new

Nowadays if you take a couple of days making night watches in some high hills, away from flight routes, near some forest area or lake, it's almost impossible you don't catch an UFO. And I don't mean "swamp-gas-venus-atmospheric-balloon-aircraft-lens-flare". I mean actual weird shapeshifting crafts, pulsating orbs, huge cigar-like crafts and stuff.
The "UFO Hunters" seem more like "UFO Debunkers", that's why I think they are psy-ops.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastardWhat I notice about the mainstream UFO researchers in USA, is that they love to be UFO-celebrities and they want so much to achieve the same level of fame as Von Dänniken. I won't say names but surely you have seen them usually participating of History Channel's UFO series. They are good, they are honest, but they are celebrities wannabes. For instance, why the heck some UFO series hosts use sunglasses within buildings or when is raining or cold, with absolutely no sun in the sky??? Why some of them dress like Hollywood stars?? Why they use camera angles that make them look like Hollywood stars???

Erich's been famous world wide for decades now, but he knows how to market himself as well as anyone. He created a little multimedia empire with books, movies, magazines, TV documentaries and series. If there's a buck to be made, he's tried it. I say that out of respect and not as a knock. I'm a big fan and from what I've seen his products consistently deliver.

The only guy who might even come close to world-wide fame as a researcher is Friedman. Of course, the king of making money off the alien/UFO phenomenon is and always will be Spielberg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastardWhat I notice about the mainstream UFO researchers in USA, is that they love to be UFO-celebrities and they want so much to achieve the same level of fame as Von Dänniken. I won't say names but surely you have seen them usually participating of History Channel's UFO series. They are good, they are honest, but they are celebrities wannabes. For instance, why the heck some UFO series hosts use sunglasses within buildings or when is raining or cold, with absolutely no sun in the sky??? Why some of them dress like Hollywood stars?? Why they use camera angles that make them look like Hollywood stars???

Erich's been famous world wide for decades now, but he knows how to market himself as well as anyone. He created a little multimedia empire with books, movies, magazines, TV documentaries and series. If there's a buck to be made, he's tried it. I say that out of respect and not as a knock. I'm a big fan and from what I've seen his products consistently deliver.

The only guy who might even come close to world-wide fame as a researcher is Friedman. Of course, the king of making money off the alien/UFO phenomenon is and always will be Spielberg.

The question is that Dänniken started digging alone, by himself, in the '60s, when UFO researcher meant outlaw. He put the money of his family on researchers, he didn't have sponsors and when he wrote "Chariots of Gods", he attracted a tsunami of enemies, not TV producers wanting to make "The Ancient Astronaut Reality Show". Interesting that despite his fame and money, he doesn't act like an affected celebrity.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastardThe question is that Dänniken started digging alone, by himself, in the '60s, when UFO researcher meant outlaw. He put the money of his family on researchers, he didn't have sponsors and when he wrote "Chariots of Gods", he attracted a tsunami of enemies, not TV producers wanting to make "The Ancient Astronaut Reality Show". Interesting that despite his fame and money, he doesn't act like an affected celebrity.

Oh, I don't know about that. I'm old enough to remember when Chariots Of The Gods came out. He was hot and could write his own ticket after that. The stories of how many publisher's rejected COTG are well known, but it captured the imaginations of the people. In the States, Rod Serling narrated a doc based on the book and that really put him over as he had the good fortune of having that come out near the same time as a really big UFO flap. I like him, always have.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
UFO hunters is more of a professional debunking show. It was obvious to me the first time I watched it. The whole point is to write off everything you can think of by giving undue credence and credibility to paid debunkers while showing there is no real evidence for anything, even when there is. I don't watch the program now because it's just the same old bs.

Can these programs just go to the facts and quit hiring (or letting the government place) professional debunkers on every show? Get rid of them and just explore what evidence there is or isn't. I don't need some guy explaining to me like a child why it all has to be false, while using red herrings or just plain fallacious arguments. It's not just this ufo show, but is a generally used format for many topics from ufos, nostradamus, new ideas in physics, you name it.

Ancient Aliens is the best one I've seen. It still has the "debunker" but keeps it minimal. What's the point of a debunker??? They don't bother with evidence or exploring the presented concept. Their job is just to say "No, children, don't be stupid, and if you believe any of this you are just delusional or dumb".

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure why it's on a channel called 'History Channel'... it ain't history.
It falls in with 'Pawn Stars' and 'Ice Road Truckers' which also have a dubious
connection with our pasts.

The only idea I can come up with, is that it's entertainment and enjoys the same
hopes and aspirations as 'Axmen' and 'America's Toughest Jobs'

The way that the camera angles and music are presented -tell me that this is candy
for your pleasure... they'll never step over the line and they'll find anything that they
proclaim to the 'bigger' mediums.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
UFO hunters is more of a professional debunking show. It was obvious to me the first time I watched it. The whole point is to write off everything you can think of by giving undue credence and credibility to paid debunkers while showing there is no real evidence for anything, even when there is. I don't watch the program now because it's just the same old bs.

Can these programs just go to the facts and quit hiring (or letting the government place) professional debunkers on every show? Get rid of them and just explore what evidence there is or isn't. I don't need some guy explaining to me like a child why it all has to be false, while using red herrings or just plain fallacious arguments. It's not just this ufo show, but is a generally used format for many topics from ufos, nostradamus, new ideas in physics, you name it.

Ancient Aliens is the best one I've seen. It still has the "debunker" but keeps it minimal. What's the point of a debunker??? They don't bother with evidence or exploring the presented concept. Their job is just to say "No, children, don't be stupid, and if you believe any of this you are just delusional or dumb".

Totally agreed!! The guys of UFO Hunters act more like professional debunkers pretending to be UFO researchers, but how more I watch it, more I'm convinced that Bill Birnes and Pat Uskert are being sabotaged by their own production. I mean, they are believers and researchers, but they are manipulated to suppress the real deal and play with redundant (dis)information.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here's a scoop on UFO Hunters that is not widely circulated yet.

Back in February of 2010, Bill Birnes talked with Whitley Strieber on an Unknown Country subscribers-special. He revealed many explosive things, including the UFO Hunters Dulce episode and what happened as a result of that show and what they uncovered. It was this Dulce program that essentially got them yanked off the air. I have that segment archived on a youtube video. I will share it with you here:

The full discussion between Strieber and Birnes is even better. If you want to stream or download the full show, click here.
edit on 25-11-2010 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2010 by corsair00 because: fixed video

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You all do realize Bill Birnes is publisher of UFO magazine don't you?

He brought the idea for the show to the production company.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
God I can't stand Streiber, the guy is such a flake

anyhoo...wouldn't mind seeing the episode has it been released?

cheers mob

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I mean, maybe these series are very subtly discrediting the UFO disclosure, instead actually disclosing it, by passing the idea that the only evidences that they can obtain, are witnesses reports, that as rule, are always discredited by the usual "optical-illusion-lens-flare-venus-atmospheric-balloon-aircraft-swamp-gas" scientific explanations, and concluded as inconclusive

That's exactly what I concluded after watching a couple episodes. It's like every episode, no matter what its contents/topics/focus may be, it always ends up with the conclusion that: due to lack of tangible empirical evidence, we can't prove anything; thus, we must remain skeptical.

On the other hand, Ancient Aliens is a great documentary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join