It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the real deal of History Channel's "UFO Hunters"???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I love History Channel's series on the UFO/aliens subject, specially "Ancient Aliens" and IMO they are a MUST SEE material to all UFO researchers. Currently I'm watching lots of episodes of "UFO Hunters" and I have some impressions that I'll share with the ATSers:

Obviously those guys are professional UFO researchers, with direct line with other big shots of UFO research, mainly in USA as MUFON and Dr. Roger Leir, access to former military personnel, former NASA employees, top analysis laboratories, nuclear research facilities and stuff. They have money to travel across USA doing researches and even outside of the country, as seen in some episodes, they have hi-tech surveillance equipments, computers, GPS and stuff. Again, I repeat: They are way too professionals, what makes their investigations more credible and their analysis more reliable. So what's wrong with them???
After I've watched about 15 episodes in sequence, I noticed that there's something about these series that suggests several COINTELPRO psy-ops techniques that, I assume, are being used to program people into systematically believing that's impossible to find any physical evidence of alien presence in this planet or at least, any CONCLUSIVE evidence of this fact. I mean, maybe these series are very subtly discrediting the UFO disclosure, instead actually disclosing it, by passing the idea that the only evidences that they can obtain, are witnesses reports, that as rule, are always discredited by the usual "optical-illusion-lens-flare-venus-atmospheric-balloon-aircraft-swamp-gas" scientific explanations, and concluded as inconclusive (no pun intended
).

I'll use the samples of some episodes to explain what I'm talking about:

The first episode I started to notice these possible psy-ops mind programming, was "Abductions", where the guys took an alleged abductee to meet Dr. Roger Leir, a surgeon expert in removing alien implants, with several years of field experience.

The object is clearly a device that reacts and moves away from the clamp, emits EM pulses and melts with the human tissue to prevent organic rejection. After several tests and after Dr. Leir's analysis about its alien origin, the investigation was closed by the "professional skeptic" of the first season, Ted Acworth, claiming that there was no evidence that the implant had an alien origin....

The final words of the head of the crew, Bill Birnes, were something like "Well, was not this time that we found conclusive evidence of alien implants in human abductees..."

Actually I've noticed this same pattern in EVERY SINGLE episode, but I'm using just the ones I found out more blatant, like in "NASA files".

The crew was supported by a former NASA engineer shill disinfo, that performed ridiculous tests to discredit two of the most blatant NASA videos EVER: The STS-75 aka "Tether Incident", that dismisses presentation and the STS-114 that shows the notorious video of an alien craft entering in Earth's atmosphere, making a sudden stop and taking back in a maneuver to avoid a project, missile or energy pulse that was fired from the ground.
The guys just sabotaged the UFO disclosure during this episode, where the registers of UFOs in NASA videos "are more likely lens flares or ice debris"....

More self-sabotage in the episode "Underwater Bases". In the second season, Ted Acworth was replaced by Kevin Cook, to play the professional skeptic. The guy that attempts of all costs to discredit Bill Birnes and Pat Uskert, the "believers". This guy, Cook, is a way more aggressive in discrediting UFO subject, than Acworth. IMO the show staff attempts to pass an "impartial" research impression, keeping the balance between science data and witnesses testimony. But in this episode, they used Earth's science in attempt to discredit the reports of two former Marines, that claimed have seen gigantic cigar shaped USOs entering or moving in the water's surface, without splashing a single water drop.

A former Naval engineer performed tests with a discoid scaled model, in a water tank, in attempt to explain if an UFO/USO could move in the water without splashing around. According to one of the former Marines, that saw the object while sailing at night, it had some plasma energy field around the hull, that prevented the contact with water. In one of the tests, the Naval engineer used an impermeable substance in the model, to recreate the same condition of the alleged USO. Obviously all tests failed and AGAIN, the eye witnesses were discredited...

I repeat: I've noticed this same very psy-ops pattern in ALL episodes I've watched and I really doubt it's accidental. The impression I have, is that Bill Birnes and Pat Uskert are scape goats, used to subtly discredit UFO/alien subject, despite the hi-quality production of the series, showing their serious investigations and hard efforts to obtain evidence of alien presence on Earth. Like I said before, they always close the show with some "Was not this time that we found conclusive proof...". IMO this is a clear "UFO deception" psy-ops going on in the backstage of the show, to program people's mind into getting more and more deluded and frustrated with UFO disclosure.

So, it's just ME, or anybody else here noticed it???

edit on 11/24/2010 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: wrong grammar

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Its just you.

2nd

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
yup noticed and star

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobtek
yup noticed and star

Have you noticed something else I didn't??? I feel that Birnes and Uskert are really honest and being sabotaged by their own production.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Generally speaking, I enjoy the various TV shows and documentaries although I don't go in with very high expectations. I never compare them to my own personal standards of what I'd like to see but compare them to the dung heap they compete against. UFO Hunters was a good show . . . and I emphasize show over good.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Good post.
What a perfect crew. Bill Birnes is on one extreme, the skeptics(I call them "the skeptics" because the person changes)is on the other extreme, and the red head stays toward center. You think the investigation is going to be genuine. By the end of the program I am always left confused as to whether they offered any real evidence of a true UFO. The skeptics always have the most rational witnesses, in my opinion.
Made for entertainment......

link   
I actually think UFO Hunters is a horrible show. Totally discredits and puts to shame the whole Ufology "movement." They never come to any conclusions or find something new/solve any mysteries. And I'm certain they haven't hunted ANY UFO's in any episode yet.

link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

You mistake flab for muscle. No one can come to any conclusive evidence of aliens on earth unless one has an alien that has been able to prove satisfactorily that he/she is an alien and, so far, there is no reliable plan to prove such. Finding strange things in a human body is usually prosaicly explained. When it can't be prosaicly explained, an open mind is the best bet instead of coming to conclusions that wouldn't stand a chance in a court of law. Jumping to conclusions says it all.

And the show is mistitled. There are no "UFO HUNTERS", there are UFO enthusiasts who always arrive after the fact and have to deal mostly with hearsay, anecdotes. Evidence is only in photos/films/videos and it's been proven that those can be hoaxed.

So, again, until you can deal with a real alien who may not necessarily say that he's from another galaxy but from another dimension shows such as "UFO HUNTERS" and "ANCIENT ALIENS" are bound to wind up on the shelf.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
These guys have looked to me like a bunch of guys with the following characteristics:

1) They know a good deal when they see one. They have, at least for now, found a seat on the entertainment gravy train;

2) They understand that, in order to stay on the gravy train, they need to keep their "investigations" consistent with what is wanted by the guy that signs the checks and approves the employment contracts;

3) But...they understand that they have to keep enough viewers interested, so they don't do outright "debunking."

My question is, with regards to the history channel, who signs the checks and approves the employment contracts?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan
Generally speaking, I enjoy the various TV shows and documentaries although I don't go in with very high expectations. I never compare them to my own personal standards of what I'd like to see but compare them to the dung heap they compete against. UFO Hunters was a good show . . . and I emphasize show over good.

What I notice about the mainstream UFO researchers in USA, is that they love to be UFO-celebrities and they want so much to achieve the same level of fame as Von Dänniken. I won't say names but surely you have seen them usually participating of History Channel's UFO series. They are good, they are honest, but they are celebrities wannabes. For instance, why the heck some UFO series hosts use sunglasses within buildings or when is raining or cold, with absolutely no sun in the sky??? Why some of them dress like Hollywood stars?? Why they use camera angles that make them look like Hollywood stars???

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
UFO hunters is fluff, as most UFO shows on MSM are.

They do a good job of making people think the UFO community is being taken more seriously, while actually hurting the cause by not doing what they say they are doing.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's a show they need to keep the ratings up ,simple as that.
Entertaining at best, any proof of alien existence will not come from a show.When it does come we will all know without a doubt and then their ratings will go through the roof.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You can't really blame "psy-ops" for the UFO Hunters's inability to find solid UFO evidence. It's because there isn't any. That's not their fault. Most of their cases have been examined in detail by people smarter than them, and (surprise!), nothing substantial was ever found.

Try it yourself online. Start investigating a case. Really dig into it. But don't forget to include the "debunking" stuff, even if it goes against what you believe. What you'll find is that in essentially ever case, you either hit a point where there's a dead end -- no more information available, making it "inconclusive" -- or it turns out to be a lot of bunk. It never, ever ends with something solid and definitive.

Sorry. That's the way it is. Maybe that's because there is nothing to all this, or maybe it's because people have been looking in the wrong direction and the wrong way for too long. Outer space, rather than the inner mind, possibly.

But it's not a plot.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thats exactly how I felt when I found some of the episodes. But maybe its not so much psyops as it is incompetence. Now I'm not trying to insult them but although they look professional they never get any proof for UFO's. They mostly just go on about myths. If I was a UFO hunter I would actually go and find UFO's for myself but on certain episodes go out and find credible witnesses. But thats just my opinion ofcourse.

P.S. I don't expect them to get proof even most of the time, but alot of times they don't even try.
edit on 24-11-2010 by 1FutureMarine1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
These guys have looked to me like a bunch of guys with the following characteristics:

1) They know a good deal when they see one. They have, at least for now, found a seat on the entertainment gravy train;

2) They understand that, in order to stay on the gravy train, they need to keep their "investigations" consistent with what is wanted by the guy that signs the checks and approves the employment contracts;

3) But...they understand that they have to keep enough viewers interested, so they don't do outright "debunking."

My question is, with regards to the history channel, who signs the checks and approves the employment contracts?

You nailed it plain and simple!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95d3d050a3a9.png[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Good post.
What a perfect crew. Bill Birnes is on one extreme, the skeptics(I call them "the skeptics" because the person changes)is on the other extreme, and the red head stays toward center. You think the investigation is going to be genuine. By the end of the program I am always left confused as to whether they offered any real evidence of a true UFO. The skeptics always have the most rational witnesses, in my opinion.
Made for entertainment......

No way is just "entertainment"! It's just interesting your observation if you consider that Bill Birnes, the "100% believer" is an old guy that most of skeptics that watch the series may believe he's senile and "the skeptics" are always young guys full of energy. In one specific episode about the Greys, they had a meeting with George Tsoukalos, an expert in ancient civilizations and member of "Ancient Aliens" crew and during this meeting, Tsoukalos showed the guys a picture of an Anunnaki stele and explained them about the Sumerian genesis reporting the Anunnaki as an ancient alien race that came from Nibiru and genetically engineered the homo-sapiens. At this moment, Bill Birnes jumped in the chair and yelled that the Greys are the same Anunnaki. The red hair guy, the "balanced" one, Pat Uskert went nuts and said [i]"Are you crazy?? They are not the same, can't you see that??". At this very moment, Tsoukalos just got embarrassed and the other guy, the "skeptic", Kevin Cook, made that "satisfaction" face on seeing their discord...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
UFO hunters is fluff, as most UFO shows on MSM are.

They do a good job of making people think the UFO community is being taken more seriously, while actually hurting the cause by not doing what they say they are doing.

This!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
I love History Channel's series on the UFO/aliens subject, specially "Ancient Aliens" and IMO they are a MUST SEE material to all UFO researchers. Currently I'm watching lots of episodes of "UFO Hunters" and I have some impressions that I'll share with the ATSers:

Obviously those guys are professional UFO researchers, with direct line with other big shots of UFO research, mainly in USA as MUFON and Dr. Roger Leir, access to former military personnel, former NASA employees, top analysis laboratories, nuclear research facilities and stuff. They have money to travel across USA doing researches and even outside of the country, as seen in some episodes, they have hi-tech surveillance equipments, computers, GPS and stuff. Again, I repeat: They are way too professionals, what makes their investigations more credible and their analysis more reliable. So what's wrong with them???
After I've watched about 15 episodes in sequence, I noticed that there's something about these series that suggests several COINTELPRO psy-ops techniques that, I assume, are being used to program people into systematically believing that's impossible to find any physical evidence of alien presence in this planet or at least, any CONCLUSIVE evidence of this fact. I mean, maybe these series are very subtly discrediting the UFO disclosure, instead actually disclosing it, by passing the idea that the only evidences that they can obtain, are witnesses reports, that as rule, are always discredited by the usual "optical-illusion-lens-flare-venus-atmospheric-balloon-aircraft-swamp-gas" scientific explanations, and concluded as inconclusive (no pun intended
).

I'll use the samples of some episodes to explain what I'm talking about:

The first episode I started to notice these possible psy-ops mind programming, was "Abductions", where the guys took an alleged abductee to meet Dr. Roger Leir, a surgeon expert in removing alien implants, with several years of field experience.

The object is clearly a device that reacts and moves away from the clamp, emits EM pulses and melts with the human tissue to prevent organic rejection. After several tests and after Dr. Leir's analysis about its alien origin, the investigation was closed by the "professional skeptic" of the first season, Ted Acworth, claiming that there was no evidence that the implant had an alien origin....

The final words of the head of the crew, Bill Birnes, were something like "Well, was not this time that we found conclusive evidence of alien implants in human abductees..."

Actually I've noticed this same pattern in EVERY SINGLE episode, but I'm using just the ones I found out more blatant, like in "NASA files".

The crew was supported by a former NASA engineer shill disinfo, that performed ridiculous tests to discredit two of the most blatant NASA videos EVER: The STS-75 aka "Tether Incident", that dismisses presentation and the STS-114 that shows the notorious video of an alien craft entering in Earth's atmosphere, making a sudden stop and taking back in a maneuver to avoid a project, missile or energy pulse that was fired from the ground.
The guys just sabotaged the UFO disclosure during this episode, where the registers of UFOs in NASA videos "are more likely lens flares or ice debris"....

More self-sabotage in the episode "Underwater Bases". In the second season, Ted Acworth was replaced by Kevin Cook, to play the professional skeptic. The guy that attempts of all costs to discredit Bill Birnes and Pat Uskert, the "believers". This guy, Cook, is a way more aggressive in discrediting UFO subject, than Acworth. IMO the show staff attempts to pass an "impartial" research impression, keeping the balance between science data and witnesses testimony. But in this episode, they used Earth's science in attempt to discredit the reports of two former Marines, that claimed have seen gigantic cigar shaped USOs entering or moving in the water's surface, without splashing a single water drop.

A former Naval engineer performed tests with a discoid scaled model, in a water tank, in attempt to explain if an UFO/USO could move in the water without splashing around. According to one of the former Marines, that saw the object while sailing at night, it had some plasma energy field around the hull, that prevented the contact with water. In one of the tests, the Naval engineer used an impermeable substance in the model, to recreate the same condition of the alleged USO. Obviously all tests failed and AGAIN, the eye witnesses were discredited...

I repeat: I've noticed this same very psy-ops pattern in ALL episodes I've watched and I really doubt it's accidental. The impression I have, is that Bill Birnes and Pat Uskert are scape goats, used to subtly discredit UFO/alien subject, despite the hi-quality production of the series, showing their serious investigations and hard efforts to obtain evidence of alien presence on Earth. Like I said before, they always close the show with some "Was not this time that we found conclusive proof...". IMO this is a clear "UFO deception" psy-ops going on in the backstage of the show, to program people's mind into getting more and more deluded and frustrated with UFO disclosure.

So, it's just ME, or anybody else here noticed it???
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ufo hunters was a good show with good people but they them selves was still programed on saucers and looking up in staed of looking down.
Instead of taking it more into the caves and oceans they looked up and thought up ,that was there ultimate failure,but then again ,who knows what i know..not to many people on your earth do.

When you look at all the episodes of ufo hunters ,i want you to notice somthing..every eppisode always has a body of water as well as a cave system,but they always went the other way.
Theres an eppisode on a trinket they found that they say resembles a modern plane,some say fish,but what the trinket really is,its a reptillien water craft,but because there brains thought up ,it was a failure in my eyes as i really thought they was changing.

There is only 2 types,'The Triangle race and the very known reptillien race'When you look at the videos, if its near caves or water then think reptillien,any thing else think triangle.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
You can't really blame "psy-ops" for the UFO Hunters's inability to find solid UFO evidence. It's because there isn't any. That's not their fault. Most of their cases have been examined in detail by people smarter than them, and (surprise!), nothing substantial was ever found.

Try it yourself online. Start investigating a case. Really dig into it. But don't forget to include the "debunking" stuff, even if it goes against what you believe. What you'll find is that in essentially ever case, you either hit a point where there's a dead end -- no more information available, making it "inconclusive" -- or it turns out to be a lot of bunk. It never, ever ends with something solid and definitive.

Sorry. That's the way it is. Maybe that's because there is nothing to all this, or maybe it's because people have been looking in the wrong direction and the wrong way for too long. Outer space, rather than the inner mind, possibly.

But it's not a plot.

Sorry disappoint you, but I've seen alien crafts and probes myself, for over a decade. So, this "there's nothing out there", shill propaganda doesn't work with me.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1FutureMarine1
Thats exactly how I felt when I found some of the episodes. But maybe its not so much psyops as it is incompetence. Now I'm not trying to insult them but although they look professional they never get any proof for UFO's. They mostly just go on about myths. If I was a UFO hunter I would actually go and find UFO's for myself but on certain episodes go out and find credible witnesses. But thats just my opinion ofcourse.

P.S. I don't expect them to get proof even most of the time, but alot of times they don't even try.
edit on 24-11-2010 by 1FutureMarine1 because: (no reason given)

I don't think it's incompetence, but self-sabotage induced by their production. I good example of what I'm talking about, was during an episode where they met Giorgio Tsoukalos to investigate an 1.000 years old Inca artifact, that's a scaled aircraft, but the mainstream archeologists claim it's a "stylized ceremonial bird". They met an aircraft engineer that built a fiber model of the artifact, to perform a flight test. He actually performed a ridiculous test within a warehouse, with rubbers as propulsion system, that launched the model a couple of meters ahead, before it lands. The argument of Tsoukalos, is that these Inca artifacts are scaled models of actual aerial crafts, piloted by ancient aliens. They UFO Hunters just discredit this theory and what makes me angry is that they didn't even research about another test flight showed in "Ancient Aliens", where two German engineers proved the Inca object is definitely a scaled of a actual aircraft. They built a motorized model and performed the 100% successful flight test.

The UFO Hunters didn't show this test....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join