It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Corp moves into education sector with $360m purchase of Wireless Generation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

News Corp moves into education sector with $360m purchase of Wireless Generation

www.telegraph.co.uk

The group has bought a 90pc stake in the US company, which develops a range of mobile and internet-based software, professional services and data systems for 200,000 teachers to assess the progress of 3m students across the US. News Corp said the company, which currently has 400 employees, focuses on the "K [kindergarten] to 12 age group".

"We see a $500bn sector in the US alone that is waiting desperately to be transformed by big breakthroughs that extend the reach of great teaching," said Rupert Murdoch, chairman and chief executive of News Corp.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Uh oh...

Me thinks tptb are going to take their next stage of scholastic indoctrination to an entirely new level, to try and keep the masses programmed further.

When entities who are largely responsible for our control of information via the media outlets begin flagrantly taking over the NEXT level of information-the computers, it is time to sit up and take further notice.

It appears the populace's awakening is spurring the controllers into even deeper measures of stemming the flow of outlets through which they access information.

Does anyone else see the potential motives behind this?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I personally think this will turn out to be more like MySpace for News Corp, seems like a great buy at first but through their lack of knowledge and expertise in this VERY new sector this business will eventually fall to competitors.

News Corp is very very good at its core businesses but has proven on numerous occasions to be unsuccessful at building new industries. Best network and traditional media distributor, one of the worst when it comes to new media.

I am not saying they should stop by any means, as it is great companies like NC who take these risks and could end up helping many under privileged people find an education which could other wise have been unavailable to them.

THe only thing to watch out for is if they push a certain agenda via this new sector.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
On a related note:

"Obama’s Labor Dept. To Create Gov’t Sponsored ‘Labor News’ Agency?"

canadafreepress.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Another tool in the production of system compliant slaves. I would urge all American parents to be the balancing factor, to introduce their child to alternative resources for learning, teach their child to question, aide their child in the development of his critical faculties.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
News corp is the DEVIL'S mouth piece, spewing out right-wing fear based news and politics to the world. It is not only the third largest media conglomerate on the planet but also a well known propaganda machine for the elite. How long before Rupert Murdoch starts telling the teachers what to teach in the same way he tells his reporters what to report?

These are some dark times indeed.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is related,i agree something is on the go.

Murdoch confirms 9pc stake in Ten
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

YES!

You said exactly what I have been thinking as of late.

The need to go back to educating our own children, en masse.

This system is already designed purely to create a working class slave society, and it appears that those controllers fear losing their grip, so they are going to try and take it a step further.

The way out is to not raise our next generations WITHIN these programming mediums. Educate them ourselves.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Roger Murdoch....King of the World.

Neo Con Messiah.

News Corp should be destroyed with anti-trust laws...that will never happen however...not when the Republican Party is in it's back pocket.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
this makes me think of when a US school board used their take-home laptop webcams to spy on the children.
if i remember correctly the school board was found to not have violated the students and families "rights"

new topics

top topics

join