It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are things happening faster?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
For the last 3 days, or since Monday I've realised that time was going so fast.

Not only that but many big events are happening through out the world...

I dont have enough time to do many things, everything happens so quickly its like i missed a day, and that day is today, then its another day and that day is yesterday etc

is anyone else feeling this?
anyone feel an acceleration in time/events?
edit on 24/11/2010 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
IMO yes. And that is not a good thing. I'm going to be making a thread which will explain in a shocking way why it is not good. I actually made an ATS account just so I could create this thread because I discovered it yesterday. Just need my post count to get to 20. Look for it in an hour or less.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Ghost374 because: typo

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I've searched and searched for it on this site, but didn't find it. It will be shocking, and you scared me even more when you mentioned that.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I remember there was something said about the days becoming shorter in the end time prophecies...
When I've got the time, I'll look for it and post it here.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Lol, I'm going to post the source of it in 2 more posts, I'll save you the trouble of looking for it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It really deserves it's own thread. I'm a long time reader, but haven't found anything like this worth posting.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

will you explain it here then you can make a new detailed thread for it later

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
events transpire at the same human time rate.

the different fasctor is that instant communication allows the mitigating factors to be filtered-out
or disgarded faster than the old style, slow process of investigation/trial-&-error to the merit of the event

times not contracting... its the abbreviating of the process that is happening...
thus the apparent 'speeding-up'---not of events or time---but the process !

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
In my case i thought that today in particular TOOK FOREVER!!!!!, of course i was at work all day so that might have had something to do with it. Anyway sounds interesting, i'll be looking for the thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I was just having a conversation about this the other day. I don't know if time is moving faster, or if it's simply that our perception of time alters as we age?

I remember when I was young... it seemed like the timeframe between one Christmas to another seemed to be an eternity. Now I'm sitting here thinking 'wasn't it just New Years three days ago'?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
For the last year approx time has speeding by me so quickly , a year seems like a month, a month a week, and a week a day, things that happened to me a year ago seem like they only happened a couple of months ago. It been scaring the hell out of me actually, really unnerves me, glad to see im not the only one.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Personally, I feel this for a long time.... Time is indeed 'running faster' than it used to do.

Do you know about the schumann resonance ?

The resonance of Earth (Schumann Resonance) has been 7.8Hz for thousands of years.ans Since 1980 it has risen

to over 12Hz. This means that 16 hours now equate to a 24 hour day.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I wonder about this too. I've had many conversations with friends of mine about how days used to seem like an eternity when we were children but now there are never enough hours in a day. We just chalked it up to our perception changing with age. But then when I talk to older people who were adults when we were kids they say the same thing. Then there is the whole time wave zero and mayan calendar (whether or not its real or fake) it points to time speeding up also.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Title is Dire end times prophecy that you probably haven't seen.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
do 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of the sky. when you're done you'll feel like your in time warp were seconds feel like an hour.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
do 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of the sky. when you're done you'll feel like your in time warp were seconds feel like an hour.

really good example

i do a on-line puzzle every day just to get the brain in gear
www.jigzone.com...

i got really good at doing the standard cut puzzles i had to change to the 184 piece 'crazy-cut'
now that i've done a years worth of past puzzles, when a repeat puzzle appears it takes me
about 5 minutes less time to complete the puzzle than the first time.
see, its not only our ability, its the fact that we have already built a neural network from memory
...and it not only just our individual memory we are tapping, i think we are also tapping into the
collective conscious that aids us ,

thereby giving us the impression that things are speeding up,
because we seem to accomplish more tasks in the course of a day than we once did.

i'm not trying to bring in 'new age', hocus-pocus into the equasion...but that explaination
sounds about right to me.

thanks randomname

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
...when you're busy, time seems to fly by - and - when you're not busy, time seems to drag - but - thats not always true... when i was pushing my kids into this world, each minute felt like an hour - but - in retrospect, it was over with really fast... time is a human creation, so we create the perspectives of it too...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't things are happening faster in a raw time sense, but our frame of reference makes it appear that way. Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember my high school Physics teacher telling us about Albert Einstein being asked to explain his theory of relativity in layman's terms.

I'm going to paraphrase what he said Einstein said (forgive the liberty I am taking please), 'When asked, Einstein said that when a man is spending an evening with a woman he's attracted to, hours seem like minutes Conversely, when the same man is spending an evening with a woman he is not attracted to, minutes seem like hours.'

I feel this explanation of this theory can be extrapolated to our lives as children versus our lives as adults. When we were children, the only worries we had were playing with our friends and having fun with very little responsibility. As we started getting older, through junior high and high school, our responsibilities began to increase with school (or trying to not get busted for not being in school), dating, peer pressure, etc. Post high school, we began to focus on college or if not, working in the real world. The concept of money (ie bills, putting a roof over your head, putting food on the table, etc), serious relationships (finding your significant other), breakups begin to erode some of the careless fun most of us enjoyed as children. Keep in mind, children who were abused or neglected began to feel the "minutes seem like hours" effect prematurely of a 'normal' person.

As full blown adults, we work, eat sleep and try to have fun when possible. We have become overrun with responsibility and on occasion, dread. Think of how when you go on vacation, and actually have fun on that vacation, time seems to fly by. The time between vacations seems like forever! (i.e. you went on vacation two months ago and feel like you need another one already!) I feel it is all about frame of reference.

The dawn of the information age seems to speed up the process of acquiring responsibility. News, games, instant messaging, dating, nearly at the click of a mouse. I feel sometimes more is less and less is more. Call me old-fashioned, but I call it how I see it.

Happy Thanksgiving!
-hoop

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Actually, time IS going on faster and it is scientificaly explainable. Someone above spoke about Schumann resonance. It has indeed risen from 7.8hz to 12hz! Not only time, but everything is happening faster! We can see it in the news: calif. missile, s/n korea conflict, China vs US tensions, China and Russia quiting the US dollar for bilateral trades, the economic crisis itself, TSA...It all have something to do with 2012. Really, ancient prophecies from the Mayans, the Egyptians...Then there is this TimeWave Zero theory that predicts this as well as a lot of channeled messages...They all said that time should be flowing faster in the last years of our third dimension. In 2012, there is a dimension shift. You can look at it on google, it's everywhere.

I was aware that time was going on faster, but I thought my perception could have been biased because of I know these prophecies. Now seeing that a lot of people, some not even aware of these theories, perceive time as faster...Really interesting if you ask me! It's shocking to see how the world is changing! Possible moon tilt (I have to research more on the subject), Earth's revolution slowing down this year, lots of natural disasters, a double sun, increased UFO activity, birds' migration slowing down (this is troubling, birds forget to migrate or do it really late), and I could go on. It's really happening, wow.

So, Ghost 374, I'm looking forward to your thread...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

You took the words right out of my mouth. This is accurate. Beat me to the punch. LOL.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join