It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Method to erase traumatic memories may be on the horizon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What can I say that's not already racing through your head as you read the title??
A pill to stop your 'bad' memory. Can you imagine how this can play out when in the wrong hands like.... a rape victim? Or a blackmail scenario? Or a witness to a cover-up?

And don't tell me this hasn't been around for years now!!! This would certainly help to explain Buzz Aldrin lack of 'memory' on the Moon and his adamant stance on not believing in aliens!

But what's really important to realize is, scientists aren't necessarily the good guys. They tend to be slaves to Big Pharma and care more about the buck than the schmuck who takes these pills!

Soldiers haunted by scenes of war and victims scarred by violence may wish they could wipe the memories from their minds. Researchers at the Johns Hopkins University say that may someday be possible.

A commercial drug remains far off — and its use would be subject to many ethical and practical questions. But scientists have laid a foundation with their discovery that proteins can be removed from the brain's fear center to erase memories forever.

"When a traumatic event occurs, it creates a fearful memory that can last a lifetime and have a debilitating effect on a person's life," says Richard L. Huganir, professor and chair of neuroscience in the Hopkins School of Medicine. He said his finding on the molecular process "raises the possibility of manipulating those mechanisms with drugs to enhance behavioral therapy for such conditions as post-traumatic stress disorder."
(more)

www.baltimoresun.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This has already been posted sorry :O
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Damn. ATS search feature stinks. I tried looking for this. I wish there was a better way to find threads because putting in search words is fruitless at times.

Sorry..

I'll do it for the Mod.

(THREAD CLOSED)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How soon can I wait in line?

Or will they force us to take it so as to forget all about 9/11.

I get the concept, but we don't need to follow through with everything we conjure up.. tooo much

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

You may not have to wait m'friend. Monsanto may bring it to your dinner table for you without you even leaving the comforts of your home.

So, it's a good thing you're looking forward to it.

Hell. I wish there was a way to erase this reality!!!!

new topics

top topics

join