It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA recruits via adds on pizza boxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hungry for work in this clapped out economy ?well join us in Americas latest growth industry "domestic security".
full and part time!;
Grab a handful of benefits too!
Free vinyl gloves and jackboots; complete uniform allowance after 6months..
http:/www. squeeze a citizen.gov

You’ve Got Pepperoni On Your Junk: TSA Recruits Airport Security With Pizza Box Ads
» 1 comment
by Ray Rahman | 3:17 pm, November 23rd, 2010

Ever wonder where the TSA gets all these intrusive patter-downers from, especially since Craigslist shut down its Erotic Services section? Clues are beginning to emerge—hot, tasty clues. It seems that the Department of Homeland Security has been recruiting TSA agents by placing help wanted ads on (wait for it) pizza boxes.

The classified ad was printed on D.C.-area pizza boxes and urged the hungry unemployed to “apply online today” for a chance to play a “vital role for Homeland Security.” The Consumerist found the ad back in July, a simpler time in the world of commercial aviation. But the image is now experiencing a revival, inspiring a new batch of questions. Wonkette jokes that “if you can figure out how to order a pizza and then get the pizza out of the box and into your gut, then you’ve got all the mental skills necessary to be a TSA groper,” while Village Voice’s Running Scared blog wants to track down and interrogate any security officers who’ve been hired via pizza box.

The Consumerist’s pre-Junkgate concern was whether the ad, which promises federal benefits and paid training, was an “embarrassing method of reaching potential hires.” The answer is probably “Yes. Yes, it is embarrassing.”

www.mediaite.com...

edit on 24-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24-11-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well I'm surprised they don't put ads in the child molesters wing of the prisons.

I mean they all seem to come from there.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So people who eat pizza are what, exactly? Stupid? Molestors? Intent on making your trip bad?
Why is a pizza box a bad way to reach a lot of people? That is just stupid to even bring up. They were looking for people to fill a postion which would have training. Just because you eat pizza does not mean that you are somehow not suited for a job. I imagine the demographics of pizza eaters matched the demographics of the people thought to be the ideal candidates.
The only thing you can truly say about the group "pizza eaters" is that they were hungry so they ate pizza.
I eat pizza! If I had seen a job advertised on the box with benefits and training, I would have applied myself. I am a middle-aged white woman with some college and a great work record, including human resource administration and training of adults. I do not have a record, not even a parking ticket. I also like pizza. Why would I be a bad candidate? Hmmm? Because I eat pizza?

Really, reactionary people should stay away from conspiracy sites. They will raise your blood pressure if you think every little thing is somehow going to impact you to the point you attempt to slam pizza eaters for finding a job.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

I dig pizza homemade; store bought; frozen; restauraunt; I
found it odd,and some what humorous.It gave me a chance torun off at the keyboard and exercise a few adjectives: If it doesn't make you chuckle; Well it won't. No need to get all bent outta' shape.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry is that supposed to be an insult?
"reactionary":
Noun

reactionary (plural reactionaries)

1. One who is opposed to change.
2. One who is very conservative.

guilty and proud of it
epic fail

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hah!
Pizza boxes.
That's the way to shoot for quality in an employee.
Advertize to people who are too damn lazy to leave home to eat or cook for themselves.

Yes. Technically, I did call you lazy if you ever ate pizza from a box. Don't lose your mind. It's not directed at the occasional person who has a pizza. Most everybody doesn't feel like cooking or just likes pizza once in a while and that's ok, but I gotta say they found a perfect way to recruit the lowest common denominator here.

I naturally distrust anyone who is sitting around reading a pizza box and thinking...."I could grope folks at the airport. My unemployment's up in two weeks and I gotta pay for munchies somehow."

I'll bet the pizza delivery guys are even embarrassed about it.
"No dude, tape the receipt OVER the TWA advertisement."

edit on 24-11-2010 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
/ Why would I be a bad candidate? Hmmm? Because I eat pizza?

Did you apply for the job?

top topics

join