It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it begins - Ashes 2010/2011

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow they were destroyed,I vote to play the next 2 tests here at the WACA! All out for 123.

Beware the wounded beast!

But mostly I`m so relieved that its over so quickly when they were talking about possible thunder storms,because I remembered I sais this....

Originally posted by gps777

Not "if" its a given,actually I`ll go so far as to say if England can a least get a draw out of this,the next time England and Australia play at the WACA I`ll streak across the field with gps777 written across my butt.

Phewwww

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I think were all glad that didn't happen gps

We had no chance, out played at every turn

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Cheers for the Vid Dave.

If anyone was struggling trying to understand what Bradman was saying,the translation is "England? yeah nice place to visit but your weather sucks,seriosly I`d like to go home now thanks bye"

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

The accent seems quite different to the modern Aussie accent to me, it almost sounds like my dear departed granddad who was bought up in the east end of London in the 20's / 30's

I love the video, it's such a window into a different time

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
With Australia winning the test match the big question is can they continue their form from this test match with bowlers such as Johnson and Harris?Or can England win the next test match and retain the Ashes? It should be a thrilling two tests and it will be hard to separate these teams and the result could go either way.It will all come down to who bowlers well and who doesn't and could come down to a thrilling finish.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

The accent seems quite different to the modern Aussie accent to me

Oh! definitely,though I can still hear the Aussie coming through which is moving away from his English accent,as is often heard from that era.

, it almost sounds like my dear departed granddad who was bought up in the east end of London in the 20's / 30's

I`m going to go on google earth after posting this as I`m not famililar with whats north south etc of London,I`ve got relatives all over the place over there,some have past away now as well,quite a few are barastors/lawyers,one uncle was the mayor of the county, from one side of the family and on the other truck drivers etc.I went to England when I was thirteen and my uncle took me to work with him on his rig all over England,I cant remember much of it now,though remember we had a great time! around ten years after that my mum told me he still had the same truck and he had kept and left the chewing gum wrappers I`d put in the trucks ash tray.

I remember he told me that he was part owners in his local pub,I believed him literally at the time,I was too young to understand that type of humour.

I love the video, it's such a window into a different time

Yeah its quite good quality to,I`m not sure its a good thing that its changed so much since then in many ways,except for better technology etc,sure you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by keelan55

G`day keelan55

Your new at ATS and I should have said welcome aboard before.

So I`m saying it now welcome aboard.

Your right these two teams are evenly matched in ability,I think a lot of it comes down to who wants the cup the most!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

On a serious note Perth is having a near water crisis,its not critical as of yet and we are building a new desalination plant which should be up and running late next year.We could really do with some decent rain (so long as its after the cricket)as our dams are at around 32% capacity and we`re heading into our summer,thats not a good mix.

As you know it a hard game to predict,it can turn in an over.

Few things,I was impressed by Finn he gave glimpes of a Glenn Mcgrath imo something Australia misses.Anderson is a class bowler and could of had 2-3 himself this afternoon.Not sure about that big tall fella yet need to watch him some more,he`s got the height to place the ball into the locations Mcgrath used to do,if he can do that he`ll become a weapon.

Looking forward to see if we leave Perth with the scores tied,then it`ll become real interesting for anyone who loves the Ashes.

The most astonishing thing besides Johnsons performance was that Clarke actually looked comfortable at the crease for the twenty he got.
must of spicked his gatorade with some scotch.

well i havent managed to see the highlights for today yet as iv just got up and the test is over. iv seen the fact you beat us by 270 run was it?

Your right with anderson tho he is a class bowler i dont know how he gets the ball to swing so much.
as for watson and hussey well it was clear that watson got himself settled in the crease rather early on and was going to go on and get run and as for hussey, when i see him walking out i expect to see him get runs hes a class player and if was a bit younger id say perfect aussie cpt after ponting.

least its all more tense now for the next test

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pearcester

Just in case you may need some cheering up from the result pearcester?......

Wet stuff fell on me from the sky at 3pm this afternoon.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Ah thank you!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I heard on the news this morning that Alan Border said that he is still in support for Micheal Clarke to be next Australian Captain,why? is dementia starting to set in with Alan?.

Heck leave Ponting right where he is if thats our future Captain.

Micheal Clarke (I dont dislike the guy himself) a few years ago nearly got kicked out of the Aussie team because of bad form,so he went and got a tattoo "Carpe Diem" (siege the day) on his lower arm to remind himself to dig deep and not give up etc
then another “The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment.”written in Arabic near the other.

This should be a clue,I mean does a Captain need to write things done his arm to look at to remind himself of anything or to be motavational and it hasn`t done him much good with the bat anyway.

Now take Johnson the other day standing up,I boil it down to him not fighting the English or the want of the Urn,if you watched his reactions he was fighting the media for knocking and kicking him.He used that anger and applied it with bat and ball,Clarke has also been getting bad press yet still no fight,the only difference I can see between the two is Johnson has missed games and Clarke hasn`t the need to fight for his position.

Aussies are renowned for being battlers when faced by overwhelming odds,this isn`t (as we all know) just an Aussie quality but a good human quality when seen in anyone,Micheal Clarke I feel is being mollycoddled which isn`t doing him or the Aussie team any favours.

Yet young and up and coming guys with fantastic talent like Dave Warner were hailed by our media as the next Bradman before he`d even walked out to the crease in the Australian squad,I mean how much pressure do you want to put on a guy and the expectations they put on them.By the way he tanked and was quickly dropped.

I`d vote for Dave to be the next up and coming Captain and give him half a chance they have with Clarke,Ive seen this guy field and he`s just as good as Clarke though Warner with time will surpass many great batsman and especially Clarke if given more of a chance imo.

Australia has had a winning formula of picking the correct players and putting them in the correct positions,this can be seen with the list of wicket keeper/batsman which could nearly be used as evidence for reincarnation just to name one position.

Cant wait for Boxing Day,though I`m going to take some time off over Christams and I think I may get in trouble if I spend it just watching cricket,but I`ll be listening to it.

I want to wish all those here a merry Christmas and all the best for the new year now, just in case I miss the opportunity.

edit on 21-12-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The off field battles are quite entertaining.......

MCG accused of swapping pitch to suit Australia's pacemen in Boxing Day Ashes Test

London's Daily Mail reported that Australia had made a dramatic late switch to a new pitch for the all-important fourth Test.

"Buoyed by their thrashing of England on a fast, bouncy surface to level the series, Australia are desperately trying to replicate the same conditions for their pace attack at the MCG," the newspaper said.

"That means the ground's curator, in conjunction with the selectors, has agreed to abandon the surface he was preparing for the Boxing Day Test because it is too dry and could have played into England's hands."

Then Thomo being the straight shooter he is.......

Rig MCG pitch for us - Jeff Thomson

JEFF Thomson has called for MCG curator Cameron Hodgkins to unashamedly doctor his pitch to suit Australia's fast bowlers and negate the influence of England spinner Graeme Swann.
Asked if Hodgkins should deliver a greentop after the success of Australia's pace attack in Perth, the former Australian paceman said: "Yes he should, if we want to win."

But even Alastair Cook admits England do,taken from the same link..........

England batsman Alastair Cook said it was common practice for England to request pitches to suit it in home series, and that Australia would be mad not to do the same.

"I think that's the beauty of home conditions, isn't it?" Cook said. "You can prepare a pitch to hopefully suit the home side.

Make the MCG like the WACA Aussies

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's on.

Tomorrow.

Fridge stocked.

Aircon loaded.

Snags thawed.

Boxing day test time!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well its all over already

We're screwed

Im going to go get drunk

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

What?!?!?!?!

I have only just tuned in! Whats happened?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Ye have little faith.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Oh 58-4 I see.

Well maybe this time the Aussies can prey for rain instead of the Brits as in the norm

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Aussies were 4 for 58 before lunch.

Play has just started after a bit of rain.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Have the Aussies over indulged in Christmas cheer perhaps?
I'm sure they will improve once they sober up

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Nah, it's a bowlers pitch, can't gauge things fully until the aussie bowlers get on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join