It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it begins - Ashes 2010/2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

It depends..

Hows the weather looking over in Aussie land?

If in doubt, prey for rain

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

yeah I know.

Just for extra fun within the thread,be brave and have a guess/punt,praying for rain here in Perth is like me praying for Jeremy Clarkson to get his teeth fixed.

Anything can happen,if England win this and the Ashes convincingly I dont think thats a bad thing Dave,that should/would be great for Australian cricket.

So I dont mind getting it wrong.Its a bet each way to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ok..

I think England are going to be chasing a pretty big score after this innings and might start the last innings with their heads down, once that happens they usually fold fasted then Super Man on laundry night so I'm going to go for an Australian win

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

and your prefered drink?

Knowing your not watching the game on TV Dave,just want to let you know yesterday and this morning your guys showed great coolness in their reviewing of decisions,they have been spot on in their choices,which shows there is no sign of panic as of yet.

Being one up helps.

Watson and Hussey are looking pretty comfortable as well though.Back to the big sceen for me.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Ohh I want some Cretan Tsikoudia. I'm not going to pretend that it tastes great but two shots of it make the room spin so it's always good for a cheap evening out!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

That sounds like something I may have to try Dave,never heard of Cretan Tsikoudia,i`ll look out for it.

Some bad decisions being made by the umpire,good thing for reviews.

But geez Watson looks like a sook,I fully understand his disbelief but he always looks like he`s about to have a little
cry
good knock though 95.

Smith was really nervous and you guys were throwing everything at him,geez it was funny and exciting to watch,the pommy giant bowling head hunters at him.Somehow he is still surviving.

And the last ball before lunch Hussey given out,where the descision was rightly reversed.

All in all Aussies are on track to amass a decent score,though the ball isn`t moving or swing as much as it was yesterday,it`ll be interesting if Australia get say 400-450 on the board today send in the English and see it they can get more swing in an afternoon sea breeze.

Just FYI English folk the WACA outfeild is like green painted concrete,keep that in mind when someone takes a diving catch or save,I know first hand by laying on it and giving it a hug,hallowed turf to me
,fast ground and fast bouncy pitch is always entertaining and the WACA is one if not the best in the world for that type of excitment.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Hurray
I just found somewhere to watch the match live online

Now I have yet another distraction from the writing I'm supposed to be doing

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Are England going to shout for every single ball in this over?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A superb hundred by Hussey has put australia well in control however a late England fightback has given England a chance. It's gonna be a hard run chase for England and i wouldn't be surprised if England cracked under the pressure. But if they bat well there could be a chance that they may chase this total down and regain the Ashes.
edit on 18-12-2010 by keelan55 because: for grammar editing

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by gps777

It depends..

Hows the weather looking over in Aussie land?

If in doubt, prey for rain

Well i guess Im the most qualified to answer that, seeing as I work for the bureau of meteorology in Perth, lol

Sunday and Monday are looking like windy with rain, but still warm....typical...we are in
good position and rain, which we have hardly had any all year

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

We got you poms 5/81 at stumps on day three!!!!

HAHAHA....isnt this supposed to be one of the best teams youve ever had?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Top job,you wouldn`t have liked what you saw though.

Think I might even take tomorrow off from watching this one and actually get some work done.

1 all for sure,looking forward to the next.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Australia has bowled great and should be rewarded with a win. Johnson has played well with some of the Australian bowlers chipping in. England however have been outplayed and should focus to improve for the forth test in Melbourne. Australia will gain confidence if they win this test match and is a major turn around of form. The Australians however, have a fragile top order which could lead to their downfall if their not careful.
edit on 18-12-2010 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I wanted to ask you OZ the weather (mostly the wind) seems very strange for Perth,this afternoon the wind was coming from the east,or south east and still is at 6pm,feels odd for this time of year.I haven`t looked at any weather maps but breifly heard of the flooding in Canarvon,which sounds very strange in and of it self.Having lived for quite a few years up north (Port Hedland Karatha Newman) have known it only to rain due to cyclones.

Is there one buzzing around up there? and is the weather thats affecting Canarvan why it feels weird here in Perth?
edit on 18-12-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by keelan55
Australia will gain confidence if they win this test match and is a major turn around of form.

Not "if" its a given,actually I`ll go so far as to say if England can a least get a draw out of this,the next time England and Australia play at the WACA I`ll streak across the field with gps777 written across my butt.

Now its time for England to dig deep,I hope our guys dont underestimate them by what they showed here. That would be a huge mistake.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Oh dear, think I totally mis-read this Test!

Some poor shot selection by the English batsmen but no-one can take anything away from the Aussie bowlers who have shown great spirit bouncing back the way they have after all the criticism they have received for two very poor performances prior to this Test.

If Ponting and Clarke find some runs in the last two Tests it could be close, but this England team are a lot tougher than previous sides and I think they have both the class and mental strength to come back fighting.

One things certain it's shaping up to be a cracking finale and I can't wait for Boxing Day.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Yeah its a big tropical depression causing the rain up there in the Gascoigne region. That low is keeping a strong high pressure system to the south of us, which would have been more north if the low pressure system wasnt where it is. Due to the anti clockwise winds in high pressure systems and the locations of both those systems, we are now recieving south easterlies instead of the south westery winds.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Cheers for that OZ,I still haven`t had a look at any weather maps and now I dont think I need to.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Oh dear, think I totally mis-read this Test!

Its always a gamble and could have gone your way as well Freeborn.

Few things mate,Straus made some confusing and imo errors today one was leaving Finn on too long when he wasn`t troubling Watson,the other was not taking the new ball when it was available,that was flat out wrong for the WACA.

The colapse at the end of the day was a big disapointment and spoiled what England had done earlier because it wasn`t that bad,Australia I thought were going to get more than they did.

If Ponting and Clarke find some runs in the last two Tests it could be close

Talking of Ponting and Clarke I have to say I`m more than a little frustrated with the two,reason being Phillip hughs is a fantastic batsman and has earned a place in this team so has a few more up and coming young talents and similar to my thoughts that Bell should open with Straus and protect Cook from the new ball,I think the same way with Hughs,but to add to that Phil hasn`t had much time to get used to international cricket the media pressure and is still thrust into opening and expected to be the next Hayden and yet Ponting and Clarke sit back in their positions do very little (except Pontings fielding abilities where he is a human freak) and let new talent have their careers on the line as far as international cricket is concerned.

, but this England team are a lot tougher than previous sides and I think they have both the class and mental strength to come back fighting.

This is what I`m expecting to see,if the Aussies do not expect this and if a victory here goes to their head,they will lose this next test and be made to look stupid,England would retain the Ashes.

One things certain it's shaping up to be a cracking finale and I can't wait for Boxing Day.

Oh me too,add to that my next door nieghbour is a Pom (nice people) with a young family and quite new to Australia his parents are over here for Christmas and they went to the match today and told us how much they enjoyed it all (except for the result),though they looked pretty pink from sitting in our sun all day,so I`m also looking forward to having the enemy living right next door to chat or rib about the cricket.
edit on 18-12-2010 by gps777 because: England would retain the Ashes

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Ok..

I think England are going to be chasing a pretty big score after this innings and might start the last innings with their heads down, once that happens they usually fold fasted then Super Man on laundry night so I'm going to go for an Australian win

Do I get my Tsikoudia now then?

edit on 18-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join