It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe they WANT us to protest scanners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just something for everyone to consider-it is just as likely that all of this TSA news hitting the MSM may be exactly by design.

Think about it: Place scanners, knowing people will feel violated. Press things as far as you can until there is a public outcry. Shut 'em down.

Next thing you know, a plane blows up, we hear about how if the evil protesters hadnt protested, it would have been prevented, and suddenly you have a population BEGGING for more scanners and security.

Just food for thought....

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

yep you got it!
when The News sings The Blues, then you know it musn't be true... LOOK OUT
where's a good tower when you need one?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thats a good look at this...a little reverse phycoligy on the population. I think the government is capable of it. They decieve us all the time, so why not with this.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

A few other members have brought that up as well...

I think SKL mentioned the path to an RFID implants included this very notion in his recent thread...there are probably a few scenarios in which are rights will be further diminished.

They probably have a Play Book...

Gnarly times...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The problem with this theory is that the mainstream media is spinning it as being perfectly acceptable...it's only alternative news sites that are making it a big deal(which it should be.)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is what I was thinking as well... something to this effect anyhow. The security scanners and pat-downs being sort of a minor chess-move to a larger play.

Create an enemy to profit from the cure... chimera/belerafon

As... if 911 was in fact a replication of the reichstag, any excess security since that day has been profit.
edit on 24-11-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
The problem with this theory is that the mainstream media is spinning it as being perfectly acceptable...it's only alternative news sites that are making it a big deal(which it should be.)

Not true whatsoever.
www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2010/11/23/jkusa.bts.bob.barr.tsa.opt.out.cnn?iref=allsearch
news.blogs.cnn.com...
joybehar.blogs.cnn.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.foxnews.com...
www.foxnews.com...

This took me about 5 minutes to find. there are dozens if not hundreds more out there.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374

I have to agree with this -- every single news story I've watched about this has acknowledged the outcry, and then attempted to diffuse it by making the people concerned or anxious about body scanners and pat downs seem like they're uninformed and overreacting (like most of those articles linked to above do). Our mayor even came out and had a big press event where he demonstrated the "safety" and ease of the body scanners, so I'm not convinced about this theory that TPTB wanted everyone to get bent about the new security measures. Honestly, I think the response was unexpected...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nameless Hussy

Except I just posted half a dozen articles that say otherwise-and that was in a 5 minute search.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You are looking at what is being presented in the right hand. It's an old magicians trick. You better believe something even bigger is going down with that Left hand that you can't see.

Could all of this be a distraction to keep us from focusing on something else that is being hatched?
Will it be too late when we know?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
when MSM is that bullish on a given subject, one must always ask: what are they trying to sell me now.

so yep so

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You know that is something I have noticed time and time again. The media knows exactly how to blow things up and almost force us to get upset and care about any issue in the world. be it iran, N Korea, Body scanners, or some stray dog named charlie....

Always fascinated me how they can do that...

I think maybe you are right... The media does want us to protest and fight it.... The reasons why though, are beyond me.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Just something for everyone to consider-it is just as likely that all of this TSA news hitting the MSM may be exactly by design.
I can't say your whole hyposthesis is wrong, but I tend to think they are desensitizing us and expect a resistence phase followed by a compliance phase. So the resistence is not a problem for them. It is expected and seen as something that will blow over

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
You are looking at what is being presented in the right hand. It's an old magicians trick. You better believe something even bigger is going down with that Left hand that you can't see.

Could all of this be a distraction to keep us from focusing on something else that is being hatched?
Will it be too late when we know?

Maybe the "passengers" will get part of the blame next time a false flag shows up ??

the media will have "another" field day !!

........ then we see martial law ?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Actually, not really. I read your articles and only found two that didn't follow the format of acknowledge outcry, then diffuse it with safety proclamations.

new topics

top topics

join