It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are manipulated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Apologise if this is in the wrong place.

Listening to Buffy Saint Marie's Universal Soldier gave me pause for thought.

As an older member , I can tell you that over the last decade we have become increasingly distracted by STUFF. We are controlled by corporations, through advertising, media, and product placement. We can create positive change, and a healthier, happier world, by breaking the spell of material goods and electing leaders who are dedicated to creating a sustainable economy. Our current system funnels wealth, which is worthless on a poisoned planet. Sounds trite, but nothing is better than love

Surely ever soldier, terrorist, freedom fighter is manipulated by those in who seek power.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Money is killing all the material girls!
lemme explain.

When corporate entities wish to make profits, they sometimes cut corners, or try to one up the competition with more "convinient" things, or they may also come up with cheaper, faster, more environmentally harmful ways of producing goods for consumption. If we didn't have money, then we wouldn't have all these Greedy corpsorations competing against one another for profits at the expense of our Sacred Planet.

think about it, before we had money, we had shells and beads. I can't help it if I like Stuff, Stuff is not the problem, money and Capitalism/Free-Market-based-on-Invisible-Value IS.

I hate monopoly money, I despise it more than anything else in the whole world!!!

Love is ALL you need!
And I'm glad I got it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Totally. 100%.

At an early age too... and its manipulation leaks into all corners of life.. even here.
Every other thread these days is about TSA, wikileaks, North korea, Iran, secret missile launches.. its just what media wants us to bicker over..

I'll assume you have an older member log in, as the one you are using now is hardly old.. I wouldn't call myself an old member.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The problem isn't merely distractions. Some things are pertinent to be aware of such as the TSA. The key is to filter what the relevant distractions are, as opposed to the irrelevant.

For the most part the higher the entertainment value, the higher the chance it's a distraction.

reply to post by Myendica

Maybe older in age, not membership?
Perhaps referencing his/her age to substantiate their observation that distractions are increasing over time.
It fits in that context. Could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes I too agree 100% on this. To me it is so obvious and sad, and it seems like things are only going further in the wrong direction. Though we need to focus on what we can do to change this from going further in the wrong direction. We need to stop focusing on the bad and what's wrong. The more we focus on the bad the more it will continue to thrive and get worse. We need to focus on the change we want and love. Yes, you hit it right on the nail, love is the most important thing in this world. And most people do not realize this.

"The Creator of all things does not need or require a religion to remind him of his works; all the creator requires is our love and to do all things from love." - Anonymous

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
As an older member , I can tell you that over the last decade we have become increasingly distracted by STUFF. We are controlled by corporations, through advertising, media, and product placement.
I would add that young people are being conditioned to view themselves as objects and consumers in ways that were not true in my generation. To see their bodies as products to be improved or replaced. To see fun and play as things you have to pay for. And so on. the result seems to be either zombies or rebels.

top topics

join