It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter buzzing with claims TSA has deactivated body scanners

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Stop making sense and being logical.

You might over whelm most people on ATS.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Originally posted by harrytuttle
This is a win-win-win for the TSA.

Win #1 - they are seen as "reasonable" during extreme conditions
Win #2 - if a terrorist attack occurs on an airplane, they can blame the public's demands to not have extra screening
Win #3 - since everyone is happy now, they'll just go back to regular business after the holiday

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Al-Qaeda will know because the U.S government knows.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by janon
gizmodo.com...

Yeah, there are no problems today because backscatter machines are TURNED OFF at many airports and they are doing normal security procedures. Interesting that they'd rather risk people's safety than endure a PR disaster. By not giving people the chance to opt-out, they effectively take control of the story.

If this is in fact true, then there is no more argument for or against the scanners. If they are willing to turn off the machines to safe face, on one of the busiest travel days of the year, then they really don't need to be turned back on.
edit on 24-11-2010 by janon because: Thank you Aggie Man

edit on 25-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

The scanners were NEVER needed in the first place. Again, the ONLY terrorists in this world are those in "government" that would use tactics such as false flag events, to numerous to list here, to subvert, usurp and subjugate the honest, hard working people of this country or any other country. If more people would just wake up to the fact that the Elite have destroyed so much of this planet through greed and stupidity, then we might stop the insanity and stupidity of it all. This world would be sooooo much better off without the greed and stupidity of people. Live and let live.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusPrimate
reply to post by rubbertramp

Al-Qaeda will know because the U.S government knows.

Of course, because Al-Queda is a CIA organization, just like Hamas and the other BS groups that the media claim are terrorists. You have to control both sides to have a conflict accomplish what you need.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I want to know this though, lets say the scanners are going full blast across the USA and 2 months from now a terrorist attack/Non terrorist extremest/nutzo is stopped at the scanners and hundreds of lives are saved..Will everyone on ATS scream False flag and that it was all a set up by the PTB?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by solids0be

well if it proves to be a false flag op like all the other ones have,
we certainly would be remss if we did't point the evidence out...
like we have in the past
now wouldn't we?
edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Im pretty sure if it happens there will be 10 new Star and flagged thread all over the home page with people yelling I told you so Its a false flag prepare for the NWO Sheeples!!!! and even if there is overwhelming evidence that it was not some CIA setup people no one will ever admit they're wrong.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Why I ask you would a actual terrorist take the chance and go through the scanners just to be stopped? The underwear bomber had no passport but was allowed to get on the plane after an older Pakistani gentlemen dressed as a business man got him talked through security. That gentleman you can bet was an ISI handler and they are in the pocket of the CIA. It was in my opinion a false flag designed to usher in a ratcheting up of the police/security state.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
The scanners were NEVER needed in the first place. Again, the ONLY terrorists in this world are those in "government" that would use tactics such as false flag events, to numerous to list here, to subvert, usurp and subjugate the honest, hard working people of this country or any other country.

daddio hit it PERFECTLY on the head.
look, if there were as many terrorists as they would have you believe, there would be assasination attempts EVERY week. there would be murders just walking into your gym. there would be death and mayhem every waking moment of your day.

the truth is, 92-95% of the people do not want to cause harm to anyone, because we have a life to live.

there are no bad guys. we MAKE UP bad guys so we can go to war so we can steal other people's resources, OR to spend trillions on weapons.

i also realize its all a scam, the entire system is a scam. there are no more viking invaders of doom, EXCEPT the warhawks like Bzush and Obamao. we are now the viking invaders.

i hate false flags. and its sad we see them all the time.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
And here I was wondering why all the news outlets were saying opt-out day was very smooth.
No problems and delays.
Thanks for answering that question.
One would think you would want extra security during the holidays...I wonder who 'slipped' in today...

One more psyops trick to make it look as though opt-out day was not a success? If so, they may have shot themselves in the foot!

But beware, I've also been reading that they intend to replace them with fingerprints and iris scanners. Problem - resistance - solution? If so, even more action is needed. I'm guessing the air companies do not want to go bankrupt, hey!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Now that they have the scanners in place, why would they use a false flag attack?
Not to mention that apparently not many people participated in opt-out day...It should've been opt out of flying day. hit em where it hurts, their pockets. However, the fact that not many people participated, leads to the question of why did they turn them off? perhaps they are planning a false flag attack, the question is why?
Actually, I really think this is just a distraction from something much bigger going on. Korean war? The federal reserve's devaluing of the dollar? something else?
Seriously the media was all over the opt-out day a week or two ago.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dantanna

Originally posted by daddio
The scanners were NEVER needed in the first place. Again, the ONLY terrorists in this world are those in "government" that would use tactics such as false flag events, to numerous to list here, to subvert, usurp and subjugate the honest, hard working people of this country or any other country.

daddio hit it PERFECTLY on the head.
look, if there were as many terrorists as they would have you believe, there would be assasination attempts EVERY week. there would be murders just walking into your gym. there would be death and mayhem every waking moment of your day.

the truth is, 92-95% of the people do not want to cause harm to anyone, because we have a life to live.

there are no bad guys. we MAKE UP bad guys so we can go to war so we can steal other people's resources, OR to spend trillions on weapons.

i also realize its all a scam, the entire system is a scam. there are no more viking invaders of doom, EXCEPT the warhawks like Bzush and Obamao. we are now the viking invaders.

i hate false flags. and its sad we see them all the time.

Agreed. I've been riding the Amtrak for the past four years..If terrorists wanted to attack us, they would've gone after our trains. There is literally NO security. There's been no security for 9 years. They don't even have metal detectors. What do the "terrorists" do? Send a man with an inactive bomb in his underwear. Put some inactive bombs in a cargo hold of a plane. Yeah terrorists are real. They're in our government.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Ghost374 because: a

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Of course the TSA said the other day that they want the scanners at trains now too...Couldn't they just put a metal detector. or some bomb sniffing dogs. I will not be exposed to radiation for these criminals.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm confused... which is the truth?

Did people just not "opt out" as the mainstream media report:
MSM Yahoo report

Or did TSA opt out of useing the scanners as some alternative news sources report?

Alternative news report scanners turned off

Which was it?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

Here its says that TSA is desperate to avoid any resistance or public outcry, and there were many reporters out at the airport just looking for a good story. So they turn them off and pretend its just an ordinary day for travellers, and as soon as things start to die down they can turn it all back on and grope away. As this is how fascists like to avoid issues of public outcry and reporting, just hide it for a while till it dies down.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Now what if something disastrous happens today at the airport because they turned it off? Then there will be NO REASON to turn them off

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

Why I ask you would a actual terrorist take the chance and go through the scanners just to be stopped? The underwear bomber had no passport but was allowed to get on the plane after an older Pakistani gentlemen dressed as a business man got him talked through security. That gentleman you can bet was an ISI handler and they are in the pocket of the CIA. It was in my opinion a false flag designed to usher in a ratcheting up of the police/security state.

Lol again suddenly The CIA is involved again. you have any proof to back up that claim? What Im saying is crazy people are crazy and irrational, it dosen't always have to be a terrorist that tries to blow up a plane or hurt someone. If a mentally unstable person decides hes going to jump on the first flight to newark and try to take it out with a bomb made out of bleach and Aluminum foil because his breakfast at Dennys tasted like crap. hes not going to think ...hmm i wonder if they will have the scanners running today. What if someone smuggles a home made Ceramic gun What if.. what if....you never know what could happen or who could flip out thats why having the latest in technology available to protect commercial travelers is a must. better safe then sorry I say.
edit on 25-11-2010 by solids0be because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
Now that they have the scanners in place, why would they use a false flag attack?

to buy more scanners for the airports that
don't have them or the airport where the false
flag originated from.

I also found this article quite interesting

www.nytimes.com...

the above link states that the airlines were canceling
some flights in order to increase the load potential
from around 70% to around 90%. With that in mind,
they want to keep full planes. pissing people off with
the scanners would bring that load potential back down
to 70% or less. In other words, it would hurt their bottom
lines to run off customers. therefore turning off the machines
may have been a financial move instead of a PR move.
But I think time will tell.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I agree with you, I try and tell me mother (im 30) about what is going on, and of course I get the *stfu I dont wanna hear it, your wrong* Too many people are asleep and just cannot be woken up. I thought my parents, being older, would be more wise to the fact of reality, but they, and many, aren't... I've tried until I am blue in the face, it does not work, the only way a person can see and find truth is if they do it themselves, most are not interested. We come here because we do not want to just accept things the way they are, we seek knowledge.. It is like free will, if the person want's it, they will do their own searching. Some people can be woken up to an extent, some can't. What can ya do? *star*

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to you all..

Deebo
edit on 25-11-2010 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2010 by Deebo because: All edit's were due to adding on, punctuation, and to say happy TG.

edit on 25-11-2010 by Deebo because: Grammar, not punctuation... I have had a few.. Happy TG

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be
Lol again suddenly The CIA is involved again. you have any proof to back up that claim?

dude, the CIA and NSA knows what u had to eat for breakfast
this morning. U don't think they've got their hand in something
of this nature? The odds are against you

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join