It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter buzzing with claims TSA has deactivated body scanners

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
oh yeah they're totally risking people's safety by not looking at their junk

oh wait

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
im a bit skeptic on the poster that said they turned off the machines for the huge holiday travel...
isn't that a moot point to the whole proceedure?

will varify with friend that works at DIA about said procedure.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Some people say they don't want people touching their junk in their pants. Personally I don't have any junk down there... but I've got some family jewels
. What do you have? Lets use the TSA body scanner and find out, okay?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
my call? ok. false flag.
second line? er... no. second false flag.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

Ah I see. I turned on the news this evening and all they could talk about was how great the day went for travel. They never said anything about the machines being turned off, giving the impression that so many Americans were OK with their screenings. They sure play dirty.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws
Maybe Janet Napolitano has had a brief moment of brilliance and decided to replace the scanners with a device that would save both money and time?

WOW

I remember ordering a pair of those when I was a kid back in the early 1960's!

As I recall, they didn't work...damit, and I, as a fiesty boy, had great hopes...

edit on 25-11-2010 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This thread is ridicules should we just make a whole section here on ATS about the TSA?
Im beginning to think so. Look there are no terrorists okay? We havent been attacked by terrorists since 2001 and that was by our own government. Only ignorant people still believe some illiterate Arabs could pull this off.
So stop being stupid, people that are still worried about "terrorists" are the problem that holds back America today.

Here's something worth your time seeing. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have a nice day paranoid America.
edit on 11/25/2010 by Lazrmau5 because: Link attached

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It seems that everyone needs to remember the reason why we were urged to opt out yesterday, and then continue to opt out for the same reasons.

This is bang in line with my notion that all of this "big brother" style treatment would stop if we just all said no. Just like many big brothers, they're picking on us and farting in our faces, simply because they can and they know they'll get away with it. All we need to do is stand our ground and refuse to allow it, and it will stop.

Keep whinging, keep remembering that we don't know for certain what that scanner is scanning for, or what it might be doing to us, and keep whinging, keep protesting, keep on refusing to be treated like cattle.

Every time you allow yourself to be treated like an animal, you're ensuring that there'll be more invasive, de-humanising procedures to go through next year, and the next.

I am not now, nor will I ever be, a terrorist. I live in a country whose judicial system is supposed to operate on an "innocent until proven guilty" system. The current security set up operates on a "guilty until proven innocent" system, and is therefore contrary to justice.
edit on 25-11-2010 by TheIrvy because: typo

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Maybe this is the one time of year the Aliens are allowed to travel.

ATS Thread... Airport Scanners = Alien Detectors

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is disturbing. If something was to happen becuase a scanner was off then there is the perfect excuse for never turning these off again.

The day will come when you have to go through these scanners to get into city centres.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
WOW

As I recall, they didn't work...damit, and I, as a fiesty boy, had great hopes...

From what I have read, the scanners don't really work either. Well except for that whole conditioning the American Public into surrendering their Constitutional Rights thing. See what I did there?

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of your rights...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
reply to post by janon

Who do we have to thank for all this BS...none other than Obama as that's where it all originated.

This is the kind of utterly stupid statement that allows TPTB to remain in control. This stuff didn't "originate" with Obama, it originated with elitists who want a controlled populace. As long as you believe any one president is responsible for this stuff, you'll remain in chains. There is no way to elect your way out of this. McCain would have overseen the same program. Electoral politics at a national level is pro wrestling. It doesn't matter who wins, the storyline is written elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by SunshineLaws
Maybe Janet Napolitano has had a brief moment of brilliance and decided to replace the scanners with a device that would save both money and time?

WOW

edit on 25-11-2010 by romanmel because: typo

I bought those too back then, they were a riot...lol The women would ask what I was wearing and come closer for a better look, as soon as they saw the words x-ray on them they'd run to get behind something, I'd tell them I could even see through walls...lol

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Lets see how things are between today and the wkend. Im still wondering "who" or 'how many whos" may have entered yesterday (a thought). We know these scanners and "enhanced pat-downs" was a problem for Americans. We know that an attack through airlines, etc is possible with the tensions that have been raised.

Here I thought before yesterday that the TSA was gonna step up their game to harass us more for opt-out day. But it was more like killing people with kindness and short waits. Why on the busiest day of the year were they SO well behaved after the past 2 weeks of hell?

Too well behaved....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I think we're all agreed that they were well-behaved because this way the media will report that the holiday flights went off without a hitch, but they won't mention that most airports abandoned the backscatter machines to make it so. Also the MSM can claim that the protests were a failure without mentioning that the protests in effect were a huge success, stopping the TSA from their normal routine.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think the continuing strategy now needs to be devised. I gave this some thought and here is my 2 cents for those who are interested in this subject. I know that AJ uses this tactic in his infowar. My thought is to use this google search term: "Opt Out" "We Wont Fly" and everyone involved should set this link everywhere. Get people clicking the link at least once if not more times per day. This will put it up on the top of the google trends. If we can keep it there with this simple tactic we will keep this in the public eye. People will continue to think about this and more people will join this silent but effective protest.

It is a step. More will need to be taken to be sure but every journey starts with but a single step.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It is a legal matter. People didnt want to do it (non consent and protest) It would be like me forcing you to sign a contract to buy a house you refused to have because it was a money pit. I knew it was a money pit and you knew it was a money pit...yet I was able to force you to buy the house you did not want.

The company knew all along the radiation was not going to be good for kids and frequent flyers...A 350 million dollar contract scrap (loss) is better than the money loss that would come out of countless law suits. They will eventually be dismantled. Hell you got Israel which should really be paranoid about terrorism yet they do not use this method for detection of threats.
edit on 25-11-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

people should still refuse to fly until they shut them off permanently,it seems this is only a temporary solution.I hope we all stick to our guns and take no less than that.the pat downs are disrespectful and an invasion of privacy and the scanners are not only an invasion of privacy but a health risk to all that go through them.God bless the frequent flier that would have to pass through them regularly.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This may not be such a bad thread, being we seem to communicate about the binary conditioning that we are under "on off"..

but in the mean time there is a bigger picture at play and i would like to present it and see if there are underlining underground approaches with what these machines are really for!

they have us convinced that these machines are being used for security and the back it up with the intrusive pat downs, terrorism, etc.

being a coast to coast am www.coasttocoastam.com listener, a book was just published "Me and Lee".

this is the story from 1963 of a young chemist that was trying to invent a cure for cancer and she became contracted actually creating cancer. she was wrangled into the development of cancer. anyway this is a great book based on a love story..

based on her mothers death of cancer she set out in high school to cure cancer. hence the rest is history as described in her book.

but to make a long story short and paraphrasing that during the process of making cancer, they had to in the laboratory mix up this concoction and then send it out to be RADIATED in order to mutate the cellular growth that develops the cancer virus.

my take is these machines are being used to mutate the beings into something else less organic or they could be just inducing faster cancer virus growth in the people that are being zapped.

need research in this area, if you are not familiar with Lee Harvey Oswald there is another book called "Dr Mary's Monkeys" that will be out later this year. the disease was called "mary's fairies monkey virus" guaranteed to kill in 28 days!

watcha think, i will be very curious and lets keep this hidden, unless someone tells me it is in another thread. heheheee

felt intrigued to comment,,,

typing from memory so excuse mistakes, peace to all who seek

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
From what I have heard this morning the scanners aren't really "off." What they have done is dial it way back, They were being smart. They dialed back procedures dramatically. By doing so they greatly reduce their chances of catching a protester in the screening. Even if they catch a protester it will hardly slow things down.

Plus with fewer screenings catching fewer protesters it makes the protesters look like a few extremist. It is a great bit of propoganda and the media will never catch it. The media never really studied the number of screenings before hand (that I can tell.) So, they have nothing to compare the reduced number of screenings against. That means when the TSA says, "look hardly anybody protested," the media will report it and people will buy it. Nobody will really know because their is no control measurement.

Remember, these people are not idiots. They train in manipulation, coercion, and propaganda. The public will think nothing happened, and protesters will think they won a victory. Then on Monday the world goes right back to the way it was. The big difference will be that some pencil pushing administrators will be peeved. So, somebody is going to come up with a way to crank up the pressure and humiliation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join