It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea attack: US and South Korea prepare war games in Yellow Sea!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderboy2402

Exactly.
This is why going on about China being angry is nonsense. America wouldn't be moving right into the area knowing that China would be pissed. It's more likely China has expressed that they are not overjoyed about it, but that doesn't mean hostile.

IMO people are placing far too much emphasis on China.
Their relationship with NK is nothing in comparison to their ties globally. If they have to choose between making an enemy of several nations, or not defending NK, they'll choose to stay relatively silent on NK.

NK and China might be "friends", but China cannot possibly value NK over their relationship with the rest of the planet. That would be insane and stupid, and China is neither.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by wonderboy2402

Exactly.
This is why going on about China being angry is nonsense. America wouldn't be moving right into the area knowing that China would be pissed. It's more likely China has expressed that they are not overjoyed about it, but that doesn't mean hostile.

IMO people are placing far too much emphasis on China.
Their relationship with NK is nothing in comparison to their ties globally. If they have to choose between making an enemy of several nations, or not defending NK, they'll choose to stay relatively silent on NK.

NK and China might be "friends", but China cannot possibly value NK over their relationship with the rest of the planet. That would be insane and stupid, and China is neither.

True but I also think China, as THE emerging power, are getting tired of the US flexing it's muscles worldwide and basically ignoring the wishes of China..Taiwan is an example and the US continually having War Games in areas China consider to be more their neck of the woods than the US..

Maybe China should hold some War Games off the coast of LA and see what the US think..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Wouldn't it be fun if a couple of Chinese subs surfaced along side a US carrier again,
right in the middle of these war games.

Personally it disgusts me that they associate WAR with GAMES
Is that what the they think war is, just a game???

War games are practice.
There are a lot of skills involved in running these machines of war, and in tactics to be used.
These are skills that cannot be learned, honed and passed down without such practice.

Whatever you think of war, if you support the US having these war machines, you must support the military practicing with them. If the people on them can't use them, they may as well be on rubber dingies.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
Just keep in mind that the US joint operation with South Korean Naval forces was scheduled well in advance of this shelling incident. We are always training with our allies... I guess we just happen to have some our ships in the area.

Still, one has to wonder if another jumpy NK midget sub might launch a few torpedoes again.

I recall seeing that too. I think its actually a series of joint exercises occuring over the past year. Does anyone know what support ships the George Washington CSG is travelling with? The Navy website only mentioned a cruiser and 3 destroyers, but no mention of submarines. I believe it's usually typical for 1 or 2 to be part of the group. Maybe they don't want any surprises.

Why do people constantly suspect false flag when someone so much as farts? Sure, there may be things at work behind the scenes, yes, the economy would probably improve with a war, but sometimes things just are what they appear and nothing more.

I've also seen several people mention why not just cancel this exercise or move it somewhere else. It's not like saying, oh the local supermarket is too crowded, I'll just go to Walmart instead. This has been planned for months and you can't just pull a carrier and its support ships up to any port. Just my 2 cents. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by Adramalech
Prepare for another 'incident' that will bring the USA its much wanted new war.

Whole thing is a FALSE FLAG.

Really? So, somehow, the US and South Korea snuck a bunch of arty into North Korea and fired on themselves?

Or were you just dying to use the term "False Flag"?

Geebus.....

All YOU get is the news reports my friend. They are totally easy to fabricate/embellish/distort, especially when no mainstream reporter will even QUESTION the reports coming from SK/USA. This is how FALSE FLAGS work.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
You would be suprised how murky it actually is.. I was just in another thread..... There are people that are so ####ing Delusional , they think there is a possibility that the US and or SK did this as a false flag op...

DELUSIONAL! LOL.

This is how stuff happens. This is normal business! Remember the Gulf of Tonkin incident which started the US involvement in the Vietnam War? This is how it's done!

It might be you that is delusional if you think that NK thinks it can gain from this in any way.

the following extract is from: www.pacificfreepress.com...
by John Pilger.

"A similar master illusion currently preoccupies Asian governments. On 20 May, South Korea announced that it had “overwhelming evidence” that one of its warships, the Cheonan, had been sunk by a torpedo fired by a North Korean submarine in March with the loss of 46 sailors. The United States maintains 28,000 troops in South Korea, where popular sentiment has long backed a détente with Pyongyang.

On 26 May, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton flew to Seoul and demanded that the “international community must respond” to “North Korea’s outrage”. She flew on to Japan, where the new “threat” from North Korea conveniently eclipsed the briefly independent foreign policy of Japanese prime minister Yukio Hatoyama, elected last year with popular opposition to America’s permanent military occupation of Japan. The “overwhelming evidence” is a torpedo propeller that “had been corroding at least for several months,” reported the Korea Times. In April, the director of South Korea’s national intelligence, Won See-hoon, told a parliamentary committee that there was no evidence linking the sinking of the Cheonan to North Korea. The defence minister agreed. The head of South Korea’s military marine operations said, “No North Korean warships have been detected [in] the waters where the accident took place.” The reference to “accident” suggests the warship struck a reef and broke in two.

To the American media, North Korea’s guilt is beyond doubt, just as North Vietnam’s guilt was beyond doubt, just as Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, just as Israel can terrorise with impunity. However, unlike Vietnam and Iraq, North Korea has nuclear weapons, which helps explain why it has not been attacked, not yet: a salutary lesson to other countries, such as Iran, currently in the crosshairs."

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Obama just like to threaten China with the nuclear aircraft carrier, however it is really a kind of offense to China for choosing Huanghai as the place for the war game...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So who are you directing that to? China holds war games. North Korea holds war games (right off of SK's coast as well). Iran holds war games. Russia hold war games.

You think this is USA only??

Originally posted by backinblack
Wouldn't it be fun if a couple of Chinese subs surfaced along side a US carrier again,
right in the middle of these war games.

Personally it disgusts me that they associate WAR with GAMES
Is that what the they think war is, just a game???

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why that is exactly what war is a game, some are in some are out,, the best against the best, by that very definition that is war.
And just like any game anywhere in the world, if u listen too the spectators they either luv ya or hate ya, and in this particular war we are in now,, everyone already got a ticket, ya sucks too be us.
but one generation had too play this particular game too it's conclusion.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea said on Friday the South and the United States were pushing the peninsula to "the brink of war" with their plan to conduct large-scale military drills, days after the rival Koreas exchanged artillery fire.
ADVERTISEMENT

"The situation on the Korean Peninsula is inching closer to the brink of war due to the reckless plan of those trigger-happy elements to stage again war exercises targeted against the (North)," the North's official KCNA news agency said.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Adramalech

Ok.... So now that Kim has come out and admitted that they fired... And called it "regretable" that civilians were killed.. Is he in on the False Flag attack? .. Its hilarious how quickly guys like you disappear when it ... or you are proven WRONG.. DEAD WRONG!!!!!

Also.. why is that you and others...feel that all things are related??.. By that I mean, Gulf of Tonkin - 911- and on and on.. Why do they all have to be false flag attacks.. Can't Tonkin and 911 be false flags... and this one be the real deal?

You lose all credibility with me, when you can't seperate events.. It shows serious signs of ignorance.. Aren't we here to deny it?

I

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join