It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin on Glenn Beck's radio show: 'We gotta stand with our North Korean allies'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
WOW 12 pages for this slip of the tongue.....its no wonder the u.s.a is losing its "mojo".

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

OK, never thought I would defend the sexy Sarah Palin but here we go.

Anyone can make such mistakes, Sarah Palin won't be on the mic saying attack, there would be advisers around, there would be military commanders, there would war strategy experts, experts regarding treaties etc.

If you are gonna act stupid and claim that Sarah Palin could actually strike S-Korea due to a verbal mistake, then you are way over your head.

Id like to point out that if you look at how she responded to being told 'South Korea' you can see just how muddled she was, its all about the words she uses.

"Yeah, and we're also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean Allies."

Notice the words 'Yeah, and' plus the use of the word 'also bound' ... she wasnt correcting the gaff she, was adding to it. Any regular person would instantly go 'Opps sorry yeah South Korea, my bad **sheepish laugh**'...

Instead she basically says... 'oh yeah and the South Koreans as well' which is whats so scary. How you say something is everything, too me this shows she didnt realise she made a mistake, and didnt realise she was being corrected and then threw out an empty platitude to make up for what she thought she'd done wrong (ie leaving out a Korea)... She never corrected herself, and that is scary because it could mean alot of things about her, and shows exactly what she was thinking at the time.. which was not much, and boy was it wrong.

Sure it could be all the political way of talking, like how most politicians can never answer a question directly. Its and other talking habits are an ingrained habit for them... but this though from someone who professes they are president material is bad, since in politics the words and how you say them matter most, and can mean the difference between war and peace even down to a single misplaced word out of order. Alot of people have given up or forgotten, never learned about basic construction of speech, not surprising given the technology we use today.

Shes an idiot, and has proven this time and again... woe to America if by some fluke of fate she gets the White House.

Edit:- I should have read the previous page of the thread before commenting, looks like CanadianDream said what I did, and in a much shorter way
... Although going through all the pages in this thread would have left me with Pallin Brain for the day.

edit on 25-11-2010 by BigfootNZ because: meep

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
ou know what.... lets do it...
lets vote Palin in for 2012.
lets show this country just how stupid it is.
if we want to end this govt, here's our chance.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Palin , Palin, Palin (insert catchy music..with Palin lookalike cheerleaders lol)..a winner.. and the average American will vote for her. .. and lot's of banners saying " Hell yeah!! we will kick some ass an change things"..

She would get in !...sad indictment for the average American voter and how they will swallow any claptrap, but having said that...what I I know of the American voting system and choices...you were buggered anyway..Bush/ Obama....you were buggered anyway. lol

If we had this woman going for election in the UK I would vote for her lol

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
We in the UK are just as desperate lol....come to a time now we will vote for any idiot so long as its not from the established setup of libs, dems cons, political morons....that have established themselves as voteable..

We in the UK need a moron that is totally devoid of brain and connection to reality..its our only hope..If I send 50p to Sarah ..any chance she may have a crack at running over here in the UK !!lol....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
WOW 12 pages for this slip of the tongue.....its no wonder the u.s.a is losing its "mojo".

well, its not the first 'slip of the tongue' she's had, if thats what you call saying stupid things is.

We did it for Bush, we'll do it for her, and we'll do it to any other dumb a$$ politician that thinks they should run our country.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

At the moment, she's not a politician. She's not, to the best of my knowledge, even hinted at running for office. Though I am fairly certain at some point she will.

Politicians, like many other folks, myself included; when under a bit of pressure, and not scripted, say dumb thing.

A verbal gaff is not dangerous, assuming of course, the listener has the native intelligence to understand they "toungled their tang" as it were...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by SaturnFX

Its the intire liberal movement that has brought this country where it is with this sort of nit picking to brand the other intire movement as idiots for backing someone like Palin.

How do you defend 8 pages of this childishness??

I will accept that...it is the Entire liberal movement that has brought the country where it is.

the main economic force of the world, the land of multicultural acceptance and religious tolerance. A place where you can speak your mind or pray to whatever you want to without fear of prosecution or persecution.

I accept and thank you for recognising how Liberalism has truely lifted a new and backwards nation into its glory..now, lately, things have been going bad...we war too much, our capitalism tends to skew a unfair advantage towards the wealthy and that also starts a hoarding mindset towards the top few percent that ripples across the world. this is tarnishing the reputation that America was founded on..hopefully with a bit more liberalism injected to stop this world police nonsense and attempt to equal out the unjust hoarding...things will go back into a positive view of the homeland.

As far as defending 8 pages...I don't feel the need to do that. there are kids on both sides of the fence..balances things out and keeps things interesting. thinking liberals see this palin gaffe as another gaffe...in itself meaning little..the bigger point is the woman is a puppet without any actual opinions on anything that has not been force fed into her mind as to how she will think about something.

More disturbing about this interview wasn't the gaffe, which is distracting, but the substance she said...which there was none...ultimately she said in answer was...Obama sucks..we should do something, but not something good..or bad...but something...Obama failed. heh. it truely was a...erm...ok...the question was, what would you do..not a narration of confusion. She made 4 loops saying absolutely nothing.

Anyhow, thanks for the "liberalism built this country" complement...but frankly, we have to give some credit for the capitalist part to the conservatives also...not all their ideas are rubbish..just the social ones.
You really belive that BS don't you!I have to admit that was the best spin on what I realy ment that I have seen in awhile.

To each his own.People like you have the intellect to twist facts with rhetoric and it is amuseing at the least.To bad Obama does not have someone like you to write for him,he might not look so much like a fool and facts don't seem to mean anything to him either.As far as Palin I have to agree,another moment in history is not what the country needs now.

On a lighter note I have played Fallout Vegas and was amazed that such a message was in a vidio game,the old Ranger also had a message about corruption and incompetance.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
Ya you have to wonder what this country would do if we found out our president was never supposed to be president.

Fold up like a camp cot I suppose.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
" She does appear to be "down to Earth", but I don't really think she is. In either case, so am I. And I don't belong anywhere near the presidency. And neither does she. Down-to-Earthiness does not a president make, I'm afraid."

Then explain Reagan please....LOL

Had to chime in about this, even though I know it was answered later on..and if it wasn't, I am going to snap the knuckles of every centerist and left leaning person on this thread for letting it go.

I can explain Reagen..he was the central point when this nation went from a rich and powerful nation, to a heavily in debt nation of runaway spending...he was the guy who stole America's credit card and went on a bonkers spending spree..slicing the income while at it.

Reagan...grrr...bah...nice guy, but it was -his- policys that broke the nation...the gold digging princess girlfriend America had once, and we are still paying our credit cards off for what happened...and will be for a very long time.

But hey...he sounded like a tough cowboy...yee-haw..(actors..bah..)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
ou know what.... lets do it...
lets vote Palin in for 2012.
lets show this country just how stupid it is.
if we want to end this govt, here's our chance.

Thats...so stupid it may be genius.

At least, it will completely eliminate for ever the discussion of far right wing talking points...hmm...you may be onto something...let them drive the car off the cliff, then explain why forever they are not allowed to drive.

The only problem is...we are in the car...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by pplrnuts

At the moment, she's not a politician. She's not, to the best of my knowledge, even hinted at running for office. Though I am fairly certain at some point she will.

Ya...no, she hinted...she has said twice lately that she is considering running for POTUS, being advised, etc...the typical "ya I am running but have yet to offically claim it" type responses...

so yep...she is a politician in every sense of the word...just currently a unemployed one (unemployed but certainly not broke. heh..she is banking off of her stuff.

She has won the republican polling question of who they may send forth...Mitt Romney in second place....so, the question is, do they do as their party wants...send Sarah forward and lose miserably, or do they send forth Mitt and have a viable condender against Obama..ignoring what the republicans call for.

should be a interesting next 2 years to watch the republicans try to eat the tea party, and visa versa.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
oh please it was a verbal slip. of all the things to make a headline about. she corrected herself 2 seconds later. this is comparable to obama's 57 state thing or anytime anybody accidentally says iran instead of iraq, it automatically becomes a conspiracy about war with iran. this korea thing is very serious, we need to focus coverage on what our current government plans on doing about it and not some minor slip up by a reality tv star.

Actually, no, she didn't correct herself. Beck corrected her.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
LOL THIS LADY IS CRAZY......................CRAZY ENOUGH TO BE PRES.
Glenn Beck,
Sarah Palin
Mike Huckabee
Hannity
All on one network.....WOW Thats fair and balanced for ya.
edit on 25-11-2010 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by EFGuy

If I wanted a clown in politics, I would have picked Krusty!

Peace,
spec

You do have a clown in politics...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't think she should be under-estimated, just yet. She has a large following. Large enough to keep voting to keep Bristol on dancing with the stars. Yes, that sounds silly and it is, but there are alot of people who like this family, regardless of Sarah's ignorance. People see her as a "true American" and country woman. Many love the fact that she's a hunter, and loves guns. She is the female Ted Nugent. She talks out her rear end alot, but people will pay to go hear her speak. She came up to my area last summer and she sold out the arena.
She's an ex pagent girl, who knows how to dazzle people. She can say the stupidest things, then gloss it over and people somehow forget and pay attention to her smile and her winking. Alot of very conservative religious women like her because of her stance on life and children. They like the "mama grizzly" thing. I won't be surprised at all if she announces her campaign for presidency. She already told NY post (or was it washington journal) either one, that she was mulling it over with her family.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

She should've known this if she plans to run for president - or at least say i dunno instead of make stuff up

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Aww shucks...north or south, what difference does it make. Just toss a coin and they can pick what goal to kick off to, right?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

Well it's nice to see if she actually tries to run for office she'll be laughed out of town. I mean it'd be simple just make a montage containing everything stupid she's said to this point, be the easiest election win in history. Honestly I hope she runs, especially as a republican.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dantas

Hhahaha although the picture of palin is much better pilosi is as equally retarded. I enjoyed it.

2nd line.

edit on 25-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join