It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Patton Tribute Thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here are some of my favorite patton songs in all the bands he's been in through the years.

Early 90's Funky ass bass. Mr. Bungle.

Faith no more.

Later Mr. Bungle.

(I think this song is about circumsision?)

One more from that great album

Then teamed up with some chick and dan the automator for this album.

There's alot more just thought i'd post some stuff with him. I know he just did an album with Bjork and Rahzel using just mouth.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Love Patton! Here he is in Fantomas doing an old Al Green song. I love how it goes back and forth from pleasant to heavy. I also like the way he kind of does some Zappaesque stuff in his works.

Peace,
spec
edit on 24-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Mike Patton is one of my favorite artists! I've had this Mr. Bungle song stuck in my head for a few days now:

This one's amazing too! Eh- who am I kidding? They're ALL amazing! He's a brilliant artist and so are the people he works with.

He did an album with Dillinger Escape Plan too- Irony is a Dead Scene

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Holy # that was awesome. Good sound quality. Usually most of the live stuff i see of him is recorded off of people's phones. Thanks so much posting that to my friends.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Wow didn't think it was possible to play Ars Moriendi live. I wonder what their approach to songwriting is, they are so all over the place. lol. Thanks for the vidz.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Love it. How about his Tomahawk days?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OlympusMons

They actually opened up for Tool one time in new orleans and got booed off the stage. lol. I felt really bad for him I thought they were good.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

That's too bad they were booed off stage. I'm kind of not surprised. I like Tool myself, and I'm sure that Tool at least had an appreciation of Patton and his talents, otherwise, they wouldn't have been together on tour. Sad that the fans at that concert didn't have the same appreciation.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by MzMorbid

Wow didn't think it was possible to play Ars Moriendi live. I wonder what their approach to songwriting is, they are so all over the place. lol. Thanks for the vidz.

They use a lot of sequenced midi parts. Not to take anything from him or his bands musically. They can play damn near anything and do it for the most part but with sequenced parts filling .

I was lucky enough to see Patton play live with FNM, twice with Mr. Bungle, with the Melvins. Tomahawk and Fantomas. He was awesome in every band. I love his approaches both to composition and vocals.

He reminds me of a mad scientist just like Frank Zappa did.

Thanks for all the videos. Wooo.......go mike you madman!!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Mike Patton blows my mind. the bird song *thumbs up*

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
holy bungle! i knew there might be some mike freaks in here somewhere... wasn't expecting a dedicated page though... this is really cool to come across

he's my fave artist ever, so progressive & versatile... totally love him to bits

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

absolutely amazing cover! i posted this vid in one of the other music threads, just before i found this thread

one of my fave quotes (by a fan) i ever found on yt was posted under this vid... hilarious, but apt XD

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Jizzlobber

Stripsearch

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Patton freak reporting in, SIR !

The first time I saw Faith No More was in april 1995, at Eastern Creek [Sydney AUS]. They were BEYOND insane. Mike kept doing backflips while singing, without screwing up . Great performer !!!!.....They also infamously played overtime and ate into NIN's set, butt nobody cared because NIN suck. Mike kept sarcastically calling out to Trent...I also remember the surreal nature of the scene, because there was thick fog enveloping the stage and a giant plastic dinosaur was rising out of the foggy mist.

I saw a Mr Bungle, Disco Volante show at a university cafeteria [ they cleared out the chairs obviously], and that was cool too. They did not play a single song from the first album. This was in Oct '96.

They did however play "Tower Of Strength", which was wicked. The link below is from a show four years after my one, in the year 2000. Not as insane as the Sydney cafeteria show butt good nonetheless. This particular show here is from England.
***~~~ (AWWW How cute Trevor Dunn looks with a blonde wig LOL ! )

edit on 22-2-2011 by WormTyrant because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2011 by WormTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I am a huge Faith No More fan.

Here is my favorite song:
Faith No More - Pristina

new topics

top topics

join