It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 US Aircraft carrier battle groups location

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbin
You may say America has free speech, so everything in your media is
trustable, but I don't think so. I read/watch English news everyday,
I know how they are talking about China.

Thats the whole point of a free press instead of everything being cleared by the propganda ministry, each news service puts thier own slant on things. Two humans can see the same thing and report it differently. Its human nature. However since most western news services are essentially reporting the same thing about China, then perhaps its what is actually going on.

If you say I put little value on Chinese people's life, that's nonsense.You see how many people go to street to protest American's bombing of Chinese embassy in Yugoslavia and killed 3 Chinese people, will you still say Chinese people don't care about the life of their folks ?

XBIN, if you can't see that was a staged event then I don't know what to tell you. If the Chineese police and military units wanted to protect the American embassy they would have. I am not surprised I did not see people with machine guns prodding the people on int attacking. In as far as the embassy goes, that was no accident. I have heard there were indications that the Embassy was suppling intelligence etc to Milosovich and the 2000 lb bomb was a little message to your people.

Japan killed 300 million people in the invasion war to China, In NanJing
city alone, they kill 300,000 civilians in just a few days. But till now
they refused to admit the crimnal and refuse to apologize.
The Japanese attrocites are well documented, but is the 300 million a typo? All the WWII casulties including those who perished in the Holacaust is not 300 million.

Japan 731 unit use live body to do bio-chemical experiements in the war,and a lot of innocent Chinese died in their hands. But later American
Government released all of these criminals in exchange of their
bio-chemical research documents.

Operation paperclip picked up alot of people including Von Braun and Heisenberg and alot of other people. The Soviets did the same thing. If China was in a position to do it It would have too....

Write to your government and congress to ask their help for justice.
This is not just the thing between China and Japan, this is anti-mankind
crime, America should take their responsibilty as the world leader

If China is such a first rate power, maybe they should put pressure on themselves.....

[edit on 4-7-2004 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Thats the whole point of a free press instead of everything being cleared by the propganda ministry, each news service puts thier own slant on things. Two humans can see the same thing and report it differently. Its human nature. However since most western news services are essentially reporting the same thing about China, then perhaps its what is actually going on.

I read/watch western news everyday. Do you ever watch/read eastern
news ? So I get more information than you.

XBIN, if you can't see that was a staged event then I don't know what to tell you. If the Chineese police and military units wanted to protect the American embassy they would have. I am not surprised I did not see people with machine guns prodding the people on int attacking. In as far as the embassy goes, that was no accident. I have heard there were indications that the Embassy was suppling intelligence etc to Milosovich and the 2000 lb bomb was a little message to your people.

You just heard something, do you have evidence ?

The Japanese attrocites are well documented, but is the 300 million a typo? All the WWII casulties including those who perished in the Holacaust is not 300 million.

Of course, only western people died will be counted as people died.
Chinese people's life like ants, not worth to count.

Operation paperclip picked up alot of people including Von Braun and Heisenberg and alot of other people. The Soviets did the same thing. If China was in a position to do it It would have too....

How do you know China will also do it ? In American court, guess is not
allowed to be used as fact to against somebody, right ? I also can guess
American already did it, but is it facts ?

If China is such a first rate power, maybe they should put pressure on themselves.....

Who said China is a first rate power ? If it is, why we can not even find
our own justice ? I ask you for help is just because I see your previous
post, and you seems care about Chinese people's life and Chinese
people's rights very much, We feel happy that we have such kind of
good international friends. Many of the politicians talk about chinese
human rights problem everyday, but what we see is they don't really
care about Chinese people's life and Chinese people's rights, they
are just interested in making trouble to Chinese government.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Why would the US deloy at such a large scale? 7 aircraft carrier battle groups in one area is more of a expensive war deployment. The US arn't sitting there for nothing guys. With all of these other stories im hearing too, this is a preparation for a war that will happen soon.

[edit on 4-7-2004 by CoMrAdE_IvAn]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
ivan you may be right cuz after all 7 carrier groupes that is more navy than half the world put together so who knows what will happen.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I read a thread somewere about this not being verfied. Is it being talked about in the mainstream press?? If so this is unprecidented because as you pointed out it is half the carrier fleet. and we would be leaving other areas exposed. Remebr that one is always in extended overhaul

E_T

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Squadron of Nighthawks are deployed to South Korea.
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
sorry to dissapoint all the war-mongers. There ain't gonna be any crap happening this time. No one can afford a large scale war nowadays, especially the US while engaged in Iraq during a campign year.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wow we have 150 thousand troops in Iraq 20 thousand in Afghanistan wow that leaves 1.5million to go to war if needed also we would use our navy and air force first while the ground troops get ready no need for a full scale invasion so quick let the enemy get a taste for the bombs first

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Putting 7 carriers in a small area like that would have to be the stupidest idea yet, because a single submarine could destroy the whole fleet with a few missiles with nuclear warheads. So i think such claims are untrue because americans can't be that stupid !

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
First of all each carrier battle group has about 2 subs so 7x2=14 subs let the Chinese try and get past that also if any country uses nuclear weapons on the US military it would require a full retaliation so if that happens you and I will both be dead plus they will be in international water conducting a training operation one Asian country already made the mistake of attacking the US without a declaration of war and they only go 2 nukes this time it will be more than 2 nukes trust me.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
First of all each carrier battle group has about 2 subs so 7x2=14 subs let the Chinese try and get past that also if

If this is a strike force Ill bet its alot more than 14 688's sitting out there. On top of shutting down thier commercial shipping ill bet you is lurking just waiting to get up close and personal with thier Balistic missile sub

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
actually a CVBG is suposed to have 6 subs each, tho it doens't often happen, but with this many carriers in one area i'd lean more that way then just 2, not to mention independent subs wandering surrounding waters

and nobody in the area has anything that can match our subs....well maybe the chinese kilos, if they know how to use them

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vizo
Putting 7 carriers in a small area like that would have to be the stupidest idea yet, because a single submarine could destroy the whole fleet with a few missiles with nuclear warheads. So i think such claims are untrue because americans can't be that stupid !

Have you ever heard of pearl harbor? America lined its ships up in near little rows that were really easy to shoot at and left itself wide open to an attack, while conveniently keeping the forces necessary to their stategy away from the danger.

I think Bush would be thrilled if North Korea nuked those carriers. We could nuke kim jong il into an alternate dimension and nobody would retaliate against us. Afterall, it still leaves us with twice as many carriers as anyone else in the world, and it justifies increased spending on new platforms like DDX.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Have you ever heard of pearl harbor? America lined its ships up in near little rows that were really easy to shoot at and left itself wide open to an attack, while conveniently keeping the forces necessary to their stategy away from the danger.

Hopefully they learned from that lesson. There are historical parallels that you pointed out. Loosing a few carriers would give the excuse to do a shole lot of things. I remain convinced that FDR new the Japanese were comming and let them attack as a pretense of going to war.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
China is Communist... period. Their Capitalistic system is Communist controlled, which makes them Communist. NOBODY in China is as free as any citizen of any Democracy... period.

IF... and this is a BIG IF... the US has 7 carrier groups positioned in the Pacific you can bet there is a good reason for it and I'm fairly certain that it is NOT to start a war, but rather to deter one altogether.

Finally, yes, China has come a long way (And congratulations to you and your countrymen, but you have miles of road before you) but not nearly as far as the US. Yes, China is a wise old country. Wise enough, I think, to realize that they need not trifle with the likes of the US military. That is a conflict that I am certain they realize they could not win... Period, end of discussion.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
An update on this topic I started!

WASHINGTON (AP) - The United States' largest naval exercise in decades, involving the deployment around the globe of seven of the Navy's 12 carrier battle groups, is not designed to send political signals to potential enemies, a senior Navy officer said Thursday.

john

ap.tbo.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Duh... do you think they are going to tell the truth what do you expect them to say we are planning a naval exercise to scare the chicoms cuz well kick their arses yeah right

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
IF there were any target for this.

We would defend Taiwan, but we would never provoke a battle there.

My guess is this is a show of force for both China and NK, and to simply experience the complexities of bringing so many ships together at one time (probably not done since 1945)

Also, the waters east of Taiwan are plenty big enough for 7 CVBGs to operate without being crowded like Battleship Row at Pearl Harbor.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
First of all, the whole issue about Taiwan's independence is illogical. The Republic of China (which is still Taiwan's official name) was founded in 1911 on the Mainland and its existance continues uninterrupted till today (same flag, same constitution, etc.). In 1945 it took back Taiwan from Japan after 51 years of occupation. Communists won the civil war in 1949 and the ROC government fled to Taiwan and fought off (with American help, of course), an invasion attempt. The Communist regime's name is officially People's Republic of China (PRC).

Because ROC came before PRC and PRC won the civil war, PRC should declare independence from ROC just as USA declared independence from the UK. Size doesn't matter; date of official establishment does.

Do people on Taiwan want to rejoin China? All want to live in a free society, and China is definitely not free. Most are too scared to say it out loud because of China's threat of military invasion. China had a chance to show the Taiwanese people that it can tolerate freedom when it promised "One Country, Two Systems" to Hong Kong, but it totally blew it. Watch HK people's periodic protests and you know they sure don't feel free. China has isolated Taiwan diplomatically -- Taiwan is not even represented in the WHO and WHO had to get China's permission so it could send a few experts to help Taiwan deal with SARS in 2003. How would you feel if you are Taiwanese? Do you sense "love" and "concern" from the Mainlanders?

China suffers from a serious inferior complex, and taking back Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan, in their view, is the only way for them to stand tall. Taiwan (and Hong Kong too) is the thorn in their flesh. How can tiny areas like Taiwan and Hong Kong be so wealthy by following capitalism?

Everytime China has a chance to speak to anyone important, all they talk about is that they'll attack Taiwan if Taiwan doesn't reunify with the Mainland. If it wants respect from other nations, start behaving like a mature adult and get really involved in world affairs instead of just bullying the tiny island.

In LA, I've met a lot of people from China. Many will tell you that they hate the US for being so arrogant (read: not respecting China enough), powerful, etc. And when you ask them why don't they just go back to China, they became silent. They like to be free too, but they feel humiliated when they see the prowess of the US. They think US support is the only reason that Taiwan hasn't capitulated.

Enough about politics; let's talk military.

China can overwhelm Taiwan's anti-missile defenses (Hawk, old PACs, and a few PAC-3s) and totally disable its air force by destroying all air fields in a matter of hours. US Navy's AEGIS system can help Taiwan fight off some of the missiles, but China simply has too many (450+ set up against Taiwan). But China lacks amphibious capabilities to launch a successful land invasion of the main island of Taiwan. That's the current state now.

What does the US want? Honestly, it doesn't want China to have Taiwan because Taiwan is part of the island chain that encircles China. Without Taiwan, Chinese navy can't sail into the Pacific freely. When US pulled out of the Philippines in the early 1990s, the wall of encirclement was broken. (Finally, the US is fixing up Guam, but it's still too far and too small and lacks logistical support to fight a long battle.) Should Taiwan fall to Communist control, the hole in the East Asian defense perimeter will be devastating. Lifeline to Japanese and South Korea (i.e. oil shipments) will be undefensible. China knows this and that's why taking back Taiwan is part of their long-term strategy to dominate Asia. Our 7th Fleet can't even go to Singapore without being tracked by Chinese planes or ships.

Would China go to war with the US over Taiwan? Definitely. One Chinese general already threatened to nuke LA should the U.S. get involved. Don't take that threat as just empty words. China does not behave rationally when it comes to nationalistic issues.

GHuang

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
New info on Carrier battle group,

Kitty Hawk to join fleet in South east asia.

2 links john

Kitty Hawk leaves Yokosuka to participate in large-scale exercise
www.japantoday.com...

www.stevequayle.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join