It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 US Aircraft carrier battle groups location

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Does anyone know if ROC has any carriers, or is all ROC aircraft landbased?
What worries me is the silkworm antiship missle, and that ROC is not that far from Taiwan, they could launch a barrage of silkworms

John, the PLAAN does not posses a carrier currently. THey have been trying for a few years to purchase on from Russia like the Indians, but for the life of me can't remeber if they did or not. As far as a Silkworm barrage, the CBG would stay waaaay out of thier range as well any other ChiCom anti-ship missiles. The Su-30 present a threat but with so much airpower in the region, they should be able to handle it.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota
This means that if China has to wage war over Taiwan, it has to be able to land and seize control of the island within the first 30 days.

Otherwise, under the FRP, six CSGs may well arrive to join in the battle.

'All this leaves China with no choice but to start and end the war with lightning speed,' said the source.

This seems comes form Kanwa, a Canada based miltary magazine, and
written by a chinese canadian who call himself as miltary expert, but
his comments always makes him look like an amatuer. He seems has
some relatiomship with russian miltary and sometimes can get some
information of what kind of new weapon sell to China. So basically
we read this magazine just to get some information, but we never
take the comments and analysis made by this guy seriously.

I personal do not think China has ever put any hope to solve Taiwan
problem at lightning speed. Everyone knows Taiwan problem is made
by America and Taiwan problem is actually America problem. If we don't
solve the problem from source, then we also can not solve the problem.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xbin
Everyone knows Taiwan problem is made by America and Taiwan problem is actually America problem. If we don't solve the problem from source, then we also can not solve the problem.

Sorry if you feel that support for a democracy opposed to an oppressive communist regime is a problem, but for all intents and purposes, Taiwan is a nation unto itself. The only problem as I see it is that the US has not formally recognized this.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Sorry if you feel that support for a democracy opposed to an oppressive communist regime is a problem, but for all intents and purposes, Taiwan is a nation unto itself. The only problem as I see it is that the US has not formally recognized this.

If America really support for democracy, that will be OK for me, but that
does not mean support Taiwan's independece, these are 2 separate
issue.

2 years ago Pentagon fired a professor of Hawaii unversity, because
Pentagon contract with him to study China, but that guy concluded
a result that there is no way to split China into several parts. Pentagon
feel so dis-satisfied with his conclusion and sopped his contract.

We welcome America to support our democracy, but we don't welcome
America to come here to split our country.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xbin
We welcome America to support our democracy, but we don't welcome
America to come here to split our country.

If you do not want your country split, why do you resist efforts to join the communist government on the mainland. Why buy all the weapons, ships, etc? If the people of Taiwan want to continue to play a cat and mouse game with the mainland so be it. But if they truly want Independance, the US should and has, and will continue to support this.

E_T

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
But if they truly want Independance, the US should and has, and will continue to support this.

I agree.
If they don't want to return under rule of dictatorship which is know for its human rights crimes I don't see any rightfull reason for China to claim Taivan to itself.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by E_T]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
actually true comunism isnt oppressive , its actually more peaceful than democrac.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
communism is wrong... think about it, in all the countries that it was tried in it failed the people died the economies disapeared

communism is bad
democracy is good (well it's better than communism)

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
First, I'd like to say, China is not communism.

Second, what system China is is the choice of Chinese people. We are
not interested to export our system, we are not interested to push
any of our ideology to other country, so does this have any business with
America ?

Third, according to economics, which system is better is not defined by who
is democracy or who is not, which system is better is judged by seeing
which one can more promoting its economy and its development.

We admire America system, but China's situation is some different.
Currently you see, China's growth rate is the highest in the world,
than all of the democracy countries in the southest asia. So according
to enconomics theory, our system must have some advantage, otherwise
we can not make such achievement.

China is an old country with a lot of old wisedom. A lot of Chinese people
admire America and see America very closely. We will sure learn from
America and absorb a lot of good thing from America. But that does not
mean China need to copy everything of other countries. If you think
are are qualified to tell China to do this and to do that, then I think
you are too underestimated China's history and its wisedom.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Xbin i knew that china wasnt comunist but what is it exsactly cause iv been following comunism ...........variants for some time,the thing is russia was marcisim (please exscuse spelling) , where as true comunism is what its based on.

uk wizard comunism is actually good and what youv seen is variations of it twisted around by certain parties to thier own views.
in true comunism there are no countries all are equal and there is not money since it leads to greed, the way things are done is that you do favours for each other for exsample if i wanted some grain from some one id ask him for some and say he needed some ........candles then id do favours so i got the candles and swap them for the grain. that way theres no need for money and every one HAS to get along.

E_T

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
uk wizard comunism is actually good and what youv seen is variations of it twisted around by certain parties to thier own views.

Yeah, Soviet Union and North Korea are good example where leaders twist ideology to feed their desire of power and greedy.
(well, so how that really differs from these "civilised western democrasies" where leaders serve money/big corporations instead of country and its citizens?)

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
China is not communism then why do you have 5 million people marching down their city every day protesting for free democratic elections and why do the Chinese military uses the term peoples liberation army they are peoples oppressing army look what they are doing with Taiwan.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Makes you think why Bush sent an armada of whar ships right near China. What is he planning to attack? This dumbas$ has created one war...there's no need for another!!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
no i dont think he will attack but he wants to scare the chinese or he wants to just make them think twice if the chinese are smart they will not attack but you never know.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just in case you're interested, the USS Enterprise is safely tucked up asleep in Stokes Bay, off the port of Portsmouth, UK. The USS Gettysburg is tied up in Portsmouth.

As I write, up to 6,000 US personnel are on the lash tonight in Portsmouth. As you can see the local Chamber of Commerce are rubbing their hands with glee.

Yankee Doodle payday for city's bars

A YANKEE Doodle cash bonanza is on the cards for Portsmouth � as more than 6,000 American sailors call at the home of the Royal Navy.

The giant aircraft carrier USS Enterprise dropped anchor in the Solent today at the start of a four-day visit.

And the nuclear-powered leviathan � nicknamed the 'Big E' � was being joined this afternoon by the guided missile cruiser USS Gettysburg.

Their alcohol-starved crews will be here for Independence Day on July 4, the biggest excuse for a knees-up in the American calendar.

With the spending power of a small town, the influx promises a multi�million dollar boost for Portsmouth's pubs, clubs and attractions.

www.thenews.co.uk...

zero lift

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
China is not communism then why do you have 5 million people marching down their city every day protesting for free democratic elections and why do the Chinese military uses the term peoples liberation army they are peoples oppressing army look what they are doing with Taiwan.

havent you listened its a variant of comunisim like .......the difrent types of democray ,most western countries are not as democratic as people think.
take germany 1919-1933 that was a democracy and that was just choas it was too democratic and nothing could get done.
comunism is where every one is free to do what he or she wants.
the western world thinks comunism is bad evil ,thank you very much MOD for that fact.
they are liberateing the people from "greed" and stuff like that,BUT there realy just pawns in a bigger game, democratic countries are just the same but they make the people think diffrently.
they have done nothing to taiwan.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i wonder iff this is why yahoo news is being repeted about The north and when you press refresh it changes the time it was p[osted

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Don't bother about china's Silkworm missiles, they have Shkval II technology.

www.periscope.ucg.com...

1998:06926 China buys Shkval torpedo from Kazakhstan Robert Karniol Jane's Defence Weekly
China has obtained a batch of "about 40" rocket-powered 'Shkval' VA-111 torpedoes, which employ supercavitation to achieve speeds of 100 metres per second, or around 200 knots, with an effective range of 6-12km.

Category Codes: J12
Keywords: SHKVAL, SUPERCAVITATION, TORPEDO
Geographical Index: CHINA, KAZAKHSTAN

And I believe the Chineese people are more free than the poor Americans that are pumped full with pro-Bush CNN propaganda each day....

That country is rulled by Freemasons.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by voorwaarts]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Chinese are more free than us name me some rights that the Chinese have that US citizens don't also china doesn't hold national free elections even though the people of china want free elections

Also just cuz you dont like bush dont mean he is a bad president.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Actually I don't know if China is still a "variant of comunisim ", many people
say China is more capitalism than America, the social ensurance system
is not established yet, and look at the market, the competition is even more
fierce than America. I don't really see we still have any feature of
communism.

Our system has big problem, every Chinese know it, and all the Chinese
have highly agreement of what's our target and where we should go.
The debate is only how fast we should go. Some people want to change
everything overnight, but this is just a small portion of people and their
view is not accepted by others. Most of the people, or can be said as
China's mainstream, although they are not satisfied with our current
system, but agree to go step by step, do everything very carefully.

Some American economist has also sold China of their "shock threapy"
before in 1980s, but fortunately we did not take it. Russia took this
"shock threapy", its GDP dropped 70% and almost killed itself. We
don't want to repeat the same tragedy.

I studied and worked in America for almost 6 years, so I think I know
more of the both country and their system. I know America is good,
I also hope China can be like America. But China is so big country and
the any change is not easy, we are trying to solve our problem in
our own way. Do Chinese care China more or Americans care China more,
the answer is clear, China is the country we are living, of course,
we care it more. We don't want to be enemy of America, we just
want to go our own way. What is wrong with that ?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join