It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam to be found Not Guilty by his own People!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
When we captured Saddam I could not believe that Bush would have the Iraqi people give him a trial.

The Iraqi people will just let him go and here is why....

1. The Iraqi people fear him and his followers.
2. Any jury or council that finds him guilty will be dead within months of his conviction. Saddam supporters will have their revenge upon anyone that is a part of the convicting of their leader.

What can we do if the Iraqi people find him not guilty and release him? It would cause a bloody civil war in Iraq. Saddam still feels he is the president of Iraq. He will lead an uprising against the new government.

Why can't we prosecute him on a world stage?

I see this getting really bad. Can't wait for 2005

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The trial is probably just one big show. Maybe they're pretending to give him rights to a fair trial.

I don't think he will be let go. The Iraqi people are not in power in Iraq, that is why he will not be let go.

The jury and court that is trying him is supported by the United States Government, that should be obvious.

Saddam supporters will be silenced by the United States' Forces.

If he is released, it's because the United States Government will decide to release him, not the Iraqi People.

You can't prosecute him on a world stage because the Occupying Forces of Iraq want the Iraqi people to think they now have control over their own affairs, when they really don't.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The outcome of the trial has already been decided by the Americans, so his trial is just a front for the iraqi people. If there was a possbility that Saddam might not be found Guilty, the Americans would have employed a different judge etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I want to see Suddam in jail very much, but if he goes free it will be bush's fault.
The reason Bushed used with the UN to begin this war in the first place was that he beleived that Iraq was building weapons of mass destruction.
During the campaign in Iraq they found mass weapons, hidden under houses, under buisnesses, even under school housed, but to this date they have found no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
Bush needs to find this in order to keep Suddam behind bars, that is why it was deemed ok for the soldiers to abuse the prisinors in Iraq for information. They need it now.
Unfortunatly they took the wrong root there and they are questioning the wrong person.
The Iraqi people will not testify against Suddam, and the Iraqi people would not have turned Suddam in.
They missed something back there. The need to find the person who turned in Suddam.
They need to find out what else happened when they were distracted apprehending Suddam.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It seems like if he were set free he would be killed quite eventually by the anti-Saddam Iraqis. But no, I'm sure they won't let him go. It's too risky.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kastinyque
The Iraqi people will not testify against Suddam, and the Iraqi people would not have turned Suddam in.

Why not?

You do realize that almost 50% of iraqi's want us in Iraq, right?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The case against Saddam might not be as rock solid as some people think. He was not a dumb man he didnt leave any documents that he signed ordering the things he is accused of. He can always deny that these actions were carried out against his orders. The main evidence against him will most likey be that of eye wittness some of the best ones could already be dead. Throw in some Johhny Cocrhan magic and he could get off he did get OJ off after all. This is all assuming he got a far trail which might not be the case im thinking.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think it's clear that regardless of the motives behind capturing Saddam, he was still an unwanted threat...Bush used 9/11 as a means to an ends, which is both good (in that we now have him) and bad (in that Iraq, as a nation, was truly not a threat and Saddam's capture could have been done in a more covert nature than endless bombing) - That point aside...Saddams stands accused of his crimes as a crimelord and war monger...he will not be set free - there's more chance of some irrate MP blowing his head off due to the agression he's caused our country.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I predicted this in May. Your a lil late.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope this does not happen though.

X

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am still not sure why we didnt just castrate him and then hang him when we caought him.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There's a lovely image

No...then we wouldn't have anything to hang him by

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If he was actually found not-guilty, american government would just arrange for him to be assassinated, he doesnt have much chance of getting out alive. Also, after the images today, the Iraqis see him as a powerless figure, they see the person they knew a few years ago is not this person they see standing before them being prosecuted.

[edit on 2/7/04 by Xenophus]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If they wanted him dead, they could have thrown a gernade in the hole!!

He's back!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Im sure that the americans would have thrown a grenade in the hole except for two reasons...

1) they had to prove to the world that they caught Sudam, and after they did that excecuting him would have been difficult

2) After not apprehending Osama during the raid on Afgahnistan they had to have some extremist to hold up to the flames.

Not that im saying Sudam dosnt deserve what he (hopfully) gets, but if Osama had been captured when they went into Afgahnistan Im not so sure that the attack on Iraq would have happened , at least not before the UN had decided to approve it.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by kastinyque]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
If they wanted him dead, they could have thrown a gernade in the hole!!

He's back!!!

Hearing that just makes me laugh...I'm reminded of the spin the media put on the whole story when they got him...what bull propaganda

yeah, i really bet they caught him hiding scared, away in some hole in the ground

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

yeah, i really bet they caught him hiding scared, away in some hole in the ground

I must not be up to snuff on the controversy surrounding Saddam and the US that you seem to be implying...Do you have any info I could read over?

It seems to me that if I had the US Army on my tail I'd hide up a camel's a$$ if that would keep me out of harm's way...of course then there's those camel spider's...I dunno - lol - maybe I'd hide somewhere else...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

thats the story of sudams capture given to the press.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
www.thenation.com...

This article displays that bush's accusations of suddam and osama being in co-oberation is false, quite the contrary actually.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kastinyque
edition.cnn.com...

thats the story of sudams capture given to the press.

Yeah - I didn't mean that I missed the coverage on the capture, but thanks for the link anyways - a good refresher...

What I'm interested in is why do some of you assume that the US is just going to let Saddam go - are there hidden ties that I'm not aware of - We've billions of dollars trying to capture this guy, so why would he just be allowed to parade around if not convicted (which, as many agree, seems to be a death sentence already)

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Remember - from what I understand, Iraq has the politcal rights of Saddam withheld, but he's still being physically held by the US

top topics

<<   2 >>

join