It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flier hauled off plane over too many bathroom breaks!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

A passenger on a flight from Fort Lauderdale to Denver was pulled off a plane Tuesday after other passengers said he was taking too many potty breaks, reports 9News.com.

MSN

Posting this because not only is the TSA security pat down procedure in our country horrible but just about everything to do with flying these days is.
For the first 15 years of my life, 23-38 years ago, my parents took me on vacations with them about 4 times a year. I remember the security checkpoints back then being fun. Once on the plane they gave me die-cast metal toy planes to play with, I could go into the cockpit, everyone had a pillow and blanket and were served a full meal (just like they serve in 1st class now). It was a happy experience for all to start and end a much needed vacation.
Now you have to pay for even a pillow. Most amenities worth eating you also must pay. You can't get up out of your seat to go to the restrooms 20 minutes before landing or takeoff. You have to pay to take luggage. The security checkpoints are terrifying to kids. Flight staff is generally rude compared to there predecessors. And god forbid you say the wrong thing like 'bomb' in an airport you can get detained or even worse.
Somehow I feel responsible for this, for up until now, I allowed it to change. But no more, what's next on there list of things to charge us for, soon laptops and cell phones will have to be checked. Soon all beverages and snacks will not be served, soon there will no longer be stewardesses there will be guards (which we have on board already). Con Air comes to mind when playing this out to the most absurd point but I refuse to let it happen anymore!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

yeah, it's just not the same anymore. I was in first class once with my grandma, I remember ordering a Turkey sandwich and cappuccino with a biscote on the side. Things just aren't the same anymore, but what are we going to do about it? Stand outside, declaring that we are Fed up, and demand to be our own Gods again? That we wish for our Freedoms back, all the things these Coporations have stolen? Why picket, when all they do is ticket, they fine you for speaking up, detain you for using the bathroom too much. Like the OP states, you can get locked up for even saying the |wrong word nowadays.

I think Captains need to take to The Sea once again, people need to start taking cruises to their Final Destination.s..

NO MORE!
We're Not Gonna Take it!

Right people?
(echo....)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Expect the usual airport security defenders on here in a bit. "No one is forcing you to fly with bladder/bowel problems."

The passenger was acting weird.

I wonder what would happen if they had defecated in their pants whilst remaining in their seat?

The plane was landed due to unsual odours!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

I think Captains need to take to The Sea once again, people need to start taking cruises to their Final Destination.s..

(echo....)

The scanners will just show up at the launches, what we really need is a 'reboot'. If we look to history as our guide it doesnt look good. Oppression besieges revolt, with that said, I do not believe enough people have felt the thumb on their heads yet. I would like to think of a time in history that it all turned out for the best without violence but I cannot. Maybe someone a bit more studied can site an example that we all can take lead on, sure would be nice because I personally don't want this path we are on and I definitely don't want the path of bloody revolt.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I respect you very much for your post.

Great points, and very considerate and thoughtful to allow this situation to be your responsibility.

I am 18, and the last time I was on the plane was 6 years ago. From what I have heard, its changed a hell of a lot.

I am not going to have a pat down nor my naked body scanned. Ever.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's unclear if this is was classified as a terror alert yellow or brown, but authorities took it seriously enough to evacuate the plane

The person was not arrested and authorities apparently flushed the concerns

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So where would that leave people like me with an overactive bladder? What about the elderly who have a severely reduced capacity to hold liquids and solids down?

Does that mean we can't fly because we might go to the lavatory one too many times?

Should we all suffer from a urinary tract infection due to bacterium buildup in our bladders?

When does it stop?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Great post but frankly I;m jealous.
4 vacations a year?
2 a year was the most I ever had.
Last real vacation I had was 9 years ago.
I'll bet there are many others here that will tell you the same.

All valid points about flying, It USED to be fun. My dad has his pilots license and we would often go flying on sundays after church.
I miss how it used to be where the worst thing you encountered were all the moonies and missionaries looking for donations.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have a co-worker who reminds me of this.
I have a stomach ulcer and every 3 months or so I will have a day where it will bleed a bit. Naturally on these days i gotta make my way to the bathroom quite often.
This co-worker will whine and complain about it to management non stop.
Once my boss told me I would have to track her down and ask to use the bathroom. EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!
We are not in middle school here, I am not gonna raise my hand and play mother may I every time i gotta go. Now I understand that with the sense of fear many have over people hijacking planes now a days that folks might see this guy getting up and going to the potty numerous times as uncomfortable but use common sense, if someone is trying to strap on a bomb on in the bathroom and they have not managed it after 2 or 3 times...... they are not even smart enough to hijack the plane. Let the guy empty himself in peace.

new topics

top topics

join